Where is Georgeob1kanobe?

Mame

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:01 pm
Is he off with Gus somewhere? I was going to say Chai but then she suddenly started posting.

I miss that bluff guy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,883 • Replies: 43
No top replies

username

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 02:33 pm
he's on either the global warming or intelligent design threads, or maybe both.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 02:45 pm
Yep, he posted yesterday, dear Mame Very Happy

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3339186#3339186
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 03:37 pm
I'm just back from two weeks in the redwood forest at the Bohemian Grove on the Russian River near Monte Rio. No computers, cell phones or even cameras allowed. I did make a couple of brief trips back to the city and catch up on things (snort), but spent most of July there. It was delightful - great food, wine, entertainment and fellowship.

It is a bit hard to get back into the political threads -- the chore seems increasingly futile and unsatisfying. I'm also a bit put off by Calamity's new avatar - an agreeable, challenging person, but an ugly & very misleading picture. Mame, of course, is fresh & sweet as ever.

BTW my new knee is starting to function well, and I think I'll keep off the 50 lbs I lost after the operation. (Wife says I'm not as ugly as before, and I'm even getting my former strength back with lots of time at the gym.)

I think Gus is an interesting guy and would be pleased to spend some time with him. As for Chai - I would instead take Mame or Calamity any day. Mame - how were the Kootenays?? Calamity - did you enjoy Bavaria?

Thanks for the expressions of concern. Nice to be missed, and I'll never tire of you all.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 04:08 pm
You are part of the infamous Bohemian Grove crowd, George?

Bavaria, resp. Munich was very nice and relaxing, especially in the beer gardens. Plus, it's always nice to get pampered by mother - it feels like
being a kid again.

I like my new avatar - shows off my personality traits so very well Laughing
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 07:25 pm
Yes, I've been a member for over 20 years: lots of fun. It is not at all like some of the mythology that sometimes surrounds it.

Sadly I've never been to Munich, but it is a place I'm going to visit soon.

Being pampered by mom is one of life's elemental pleasures - not to be missed if you can do it. Mine died a few years ago. However I did have the pleasure of reminiscing about her with some of her old childhood friends in the small town in Ireland (Ardmore) where she was born: an interesting and somewhat strange experience.

Your personality came through well enough with the old one - a real likeness too. You are just over-compensating.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 08:29 pm
When I used to work for the president of a title company in the Bay Area, one of his outside interests was an organization called PUMA, a group that always attended the annual Bohemian Grove gatherings. Every year Bill would have dozens of photos and lots of hilarious stories to tell of the antics that went on there.

It's been awhile since he retired. I wonder if he's still alive and still attending those. He was quite an amazing man. At the age of 70 he and his wife walked the trail across the Himalyas to Nepal. He was always going out on adventures like that and bringing back slides of his vacation photos for everyone to enjoy.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:21 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Yes, I've been a member for over 20 years: lots of fun. It is not at all like some of the mythology that sometimes surrounds it.

They drink heavily from morning through the night, bask in their freedom to urinate on the redwoods, and perform pagan rituals... Laughing

Quote:
Sadly I've never been to Munich, but it is a place I'm going to visit soon.

You have to go when I'm there, George, so I can show you the places where there usually aren't any tourist. Munich is celebrating its 850 year anniversary and festivities and celebrations are quite spectacular.
HERE are pictures that some tourists took.

Quote:
Being pampered by mom is one of life's elemental pleasures - not to be missed if you can do it. Mine died a few years ago. However I did have the pleasure of reminiscing about her with some of her old childhood friends in the small town in Ireland (Ardmore) where she was born: an interesting and somewhat strange experience.

I am sorry to hear that. Mothers are special and mine especially.

Quote:
Your personality came through well enough with the old one - a real likeness too. You are just over-compensating.

Papperlapapp
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:25 pm
Papperlapapp -

sounds like a word to add to my vocabulary.

Hi, George, good to see you.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:25 pm
Oh man, it sounds like you had a wonderful time, G-ob1-K. Good for you.

The Kootenays are just fine thank you - I'm still here; however I start my week off on Sunday - yeah, back to blues music and sushi for 7 days. Whoo hoo. We are having internet interruptions due to it being a GLOBAL-BLOODY-STAR satellite system - they're SO unreliable! We hooked up a Vonage phone system and everything went kaput. Anyway, I'm back online and glad to see you are, too. I did miss you and your pithy remarks.

I agree with you about CJ's avatar. Awful. Awful. Awful. Does not really reflect her personality. CJ, put the old one back, dammit!

Glad to hear you're feeling physically fit, esp the knee part. You don't realize how crucial some body parts are until they're injured. Try doing anything without a thumb, for instance.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:35 pm
I like it. Sort of pepper with the salt...

but not for very long.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 01:14 am
George so glad to hear that your knee surgery has you up and walking properly and congrats on shedding the 50 pounds.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 08:51 am
Thank you all for the good wishes and the needeling.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 09:17 am
Thank you all for the good wishes and the needling. You are the best part of A2K.

We are agreed then about Calamity's new avatar. It (and its immediate predecessors) are ugly, off-putting, and evocative only of what Calamity aspires to be, and not what she is. The original was both more agreeable and more accurate. Clearly this is an attempt on her part to bully us.

The knee is mostly better, though far, as yet, from perfect. If I do the prescribed icing & exercise routine regularly, and wear the medieval torture brace for an hour or so each day (it forces the knee to extend fully), I'm mosly fine and can go without pain meds and walk normally. If I don't do those things and, instead walk a lot & stand around, or exercise too hard, then it can get bad. I have learned that it usually takes at least a year or so to fully heal. That's more than I counted on going in.

I have only myself to blame for it. From my teens until about eight years ago I worked out a lot with weights and was given to deep squats with heavy weights and saying stupid things like, "warmups are for sissies". The leg in question also got banged around a bit in a high speed ejection and later in a water skiing accident, however, I think it was the prolonged abuse that did it. Be good to your knees -- and toes too.

The Bohemian Grove is just summer camp for old boys, but with good food, booze, great music & entertainment, and wonderful discussions with interesting people under the giant redwoods. Where else could one attend a lecture in the morning about science, Global warming, financial markets, use of genome correlations to map human migration from Africa, the Mars lander Program, or similar topics, generally from the guy who wrote the definitive book or who runs the program at JPL? Then off to a Lakeside talk from generally prominent political, academic or even business figures -- all followed by an excellent lunch in camp under the trees with (say) a former CIA Director, a slightly impoverished sculptor, and other friends. (Hiking through the hills is usually also on the menu but not for me this year.) Afternoons spent sipping good wine under the trees in delightful conversations with interesting people & friends and listening to some great musical groups & performers ranging from jazz to rock and classical. Occasionally one can wrap up the evening in a slightly inebriated duet with the head parrot head himself singing "You can't always Get What You Want". I've done all that. Moreover, one can piss wherever and whenever he wants (but not in the camp). That too is just like summer camp. The only exclusive part is that it's just for men(though they do favor interesting & talented people). Most golf clubs cost more.

I will keep the 50 pounds off.

I'll take Calamity up on the offer for a guide to Munich.

I saw on another thread that you are starting to like girlie underwear Mame. Tell me about it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 09:49 am
Mame wrote:
The Kootenays are just fine thank you - I'm still here;

Mame, I used to live in Kaslo (north of Nelson) when I was a kid growing up in the early '60s.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 07:53 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Clearly this is an attempt on her part to bully us.

You wouldn't be afraid of an old lady avatar, would you? Very Happy

Quote:
I'll take Calamity up on the offer for a guide to Munich.

We'll go next June, George, so it won't interfere with your Bohemian Grove vacation Wink Funny, that women never seem to enable such exclusive, secretive "all female" clubs, it's always the men who have them. I wonder if women among themselves are too competitive (or combative) to initiate an all female club? Or are we simply indulging in Groucho Marx' statement of "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member".

Quote:
I saw on another thread that you are starting to like girlie underwear Mame. Tell me about it.

More importantly: what did she wear before? Very Happy
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 08:58 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
I like my new avatar - shows off my personality traits so very well Laughing

I think you're just tired of always being hit on, sweetie. You'll need a man like me to protect you. This avatar won't work as a mannsbild repellant in the long run.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 09:29 pm
Haha Thomas!! Don't you know that the women from Munich are never
far away from their "Nudelholz".

http://www.gutrath.com/images/product_images/thumbnail_images/MG1216.jpg
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 09:43 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Haha Thomas!! Don't you know that the women from Munich are never
far away from their "Nudelholz".

http://www.gutrath.com/images/product_images/thumbnail_images/MG1216.jpg

True -- on the other hand, we're in America here; when in America, we're supposed to do as the Americans do. The real Calamity Jane may serve as inspiration for you.

[img]http://johnlivereatingjohnston.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Calamity_jane.24375317_std.jpg[/img]
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 10:06 pm
She actually does, Thomas, that's why I chose her name. She was a feisty pioneer and fighter in the Wild West (just like me Laughing ) in a time where
women were regarded as wives and mothers only. She certainly is an
inspiration to me - I just don't believe in guns, I "kill" my opponents differently!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where is Georgeob1kanobe?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:31:15