Why should or shouldn't you be one?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,111 • Replies: 20
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 04:42 pm
I can't think of a single reason why you shouldn't so I'll just listen in for that part of the debate.

As to why should you -- why not? You don't need your organs anymore and someone else life depends on them. If you can save a life with no harm or expense to you why not do it?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 01:17 am
Re: Organ Donor
crspur6 wrote:
Why should or shouldn't you be one?

As a libertarian supporter of laissez faire free enterprize,
I take exception to the legal prohibition against a free market
in the sale of parts of anyone 's body that he wishes to offer for sale.

Such power of interference with freedom of contract was not granted to government.
People in need shoud NOT expect to get something for nothing
as a result of a USURPATION of power in this respect by government.

He who wishes to get something for nothing
desires to become a parasite.

David
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:23 am
Anyone can have any bit of my body that might still be useful after I am braindead.

Go for it!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:42 am
If it were not for the interference
of USURPATORY government,
we citizens coud sell a future interest
in functional body parts.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:46 am
I'm on the donor register. Everything down to my toenails.

I've been of very little use in my time on earth so I hope to be of more use after I'm dead.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:17 am
The only reason I can see not to is for religious reasons. I know some religions prohibit even autopsy.

I am a doner. I don't need 'em anymore once I am dead.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 05:09 pm
One pretty obvious reason not to is if there's a physical reason not to, e. g. you've had hepatitis or HIV. Even then you can still donate your body to science and let med students learn.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:06 pm
I have signed my donor card. I am "religious" and cannot see why a "religious" person would have an objection. The body is only a temporary vessel and has no value after death.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:04 pm
Since I've given my soul to the devil already, I might as well
get all other body parts spread around, once I am dead.

I'd be delighted if someone else can make use of my organs.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:10 pm
just wait for like 20 years when we have immortal bodies and grow any parts or can manufacture them on a whim.

we will probablly be enslaved so badly by then with technology that advanced though...

im all for organ donations. one life taken one life saved.
0 Replies

crspur6

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:11 pm
The reason i ask this question is because me and a friend of mine were discussing our views on this topic and she said that "she just isn't comfortable with someone else using her body parts."

I strongly disagreed and tried to reason with her and show her how it doesn't matter if your comfortable with it or not, your dead.

So my question is: If you disagree as to being an organ donor, whether it be because of your religious rituals or just not being comfortable, why would you care what would happen to your physical body after you expire? since you wont even be aware of it?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:37 am
I once saw a program where a family was in a situation that their child was killed in an accident (brain dead). They were in the hospital and the doctors asked about donating her body parts. Although the parents were obviously heart broken, they agreed to donating parts for others survival.

I guess the doctor was required to over each body part for the parents' yeah or nay. Considering the horrible circumstances, the parents were very thoughtful. But when it came to the eyes, the mom was shocked and said "No". She just couldn't get over the feeling of some one having her daughter's eyes.

I never really thought about the feeling aspect before until you actually saw some one's real response to it. I think this is more a personal feeling sort of thing. No right or wrong answer - just something feels odd to some people where others think so what h*ll I don't need it.

By the way I have a donor card and whoever wants what is left of body can have it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 04:41 pm
crspur6 wrote:
The reason i ask this question is because me and a friend of mine were discussing our views on this topic and she said that "she just isn't comfortable with someone else using her body parts."

I strongly disagreed and tried to reason with her and show her how it doesn't matter if your comfortable with it or not, your dead.

So my question is: If you disagree as to being an organ donor, whether it be because of your religious rituals or just not being comfortable,
why would you care
what would happen to your physical body
after you expire?
since you wont even be aware of it?

U shoud care
because u the law has CHEATED U out of your natural right
to SELL and profit from what is YOURS.

U shoud not let them get SOMETHING for NOTHING, at your expense
and at the expense of your FREEDOM.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 04:47 pm
Linkat wrote:
I once saw a program where a family was in a situation that their child was killed in an accident (brain dead). They were in the hospital and the doctors asked about donating her body parts. Although the parents were obviously heart broken, they agreed to donating parts for others survival.

I guess the doctor was required to over each body part for the parents' yeah or nay. Considering the horrible circumstances, the parents were very thoughtful. But when it came to the eyes, the mom was shocked and said "No". She just couldn't get over the feeling of some one having her daughter's eyes.

I never really thought about the feeling aspect before until you actually saw some one's real response to it. I think this is more a personal feeling sort of thing. No right or wrong answer - just something feels odd to some people where others think so what h*ll I don't need it.

By the way I have a donor card and
whoever wants what is left of body can have it.

OK, I 'll take the gold crown.

David
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 04:58 pm
Ask your friend if s/he'd accept an organ donation for him/herself or a family member.

~~~

I've signed every organ donation card ever passed my way.

As the old rockers said, we're here for a good time not a long time.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 05:42 pm
Quote:

David

imo you have all the freedom you could ever ask for when you are dead .
just think : NO MORE TAXES TO PAY ; surely that'll make you happy ???
hbg
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 06:16 pm
hamburger wrote:
Quote:

David

imo you have all the freedom you could ever ask for when you are dead .
just think : NO MORE TAXES TO PAY ; surely that'll make you happy ???
hbg

Can I get buried with a gun in my hand ? (not YET)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 10:56 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:
[[/size][/b][/color].

OK, I 'll take the gold crown.

Good luck - I don't have one and I plan on using up anything within my body that has value.

David[/quote]
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:52 am
Hmmm... my donar card is checked yes, my exception is marked NO EYES!!

I prefer that no one else sees through my eyes. They can have the rest though.
0 Replies