Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 06:48 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,012 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 06:55 am
Catfish should be caught in clean water on public land by people who like to fish. Fish farms are petri dishes for pollution and diseases. I hope they all go belly up.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 06:56 am
Green Witch wrote:
Catfish should be caught in clean water on public land by people who like to fish. Fish farms are petri dishes for pollution and diseases. I hope they go all go belly up.

I love to fish. I cannot supply the catfish market with a pole and a hook.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 07:02 am
cjhsa wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Catfish should be caught in clean water on public land by people who like to fish. Fish farms are petri dishes for pollution and diseases. I hope they go all go belly up.

I love to fish. I cannot supply the catfish market with a pole and a hook.

No, but you can supply your family with a fish dinner now and then. Americans have become spoiled with the idea that we can have all we want when ever we want it. It's a drain on our resources and we need to get over it. We need to go back a little in philosophy and re-learn the best food comes with patience.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 07:08 am
I actually agree with you, but you're missing the point of the post.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 07:16 am
cjhsa wrote:
I actually agree with you, but you're missing the point of the post.

If you really look at what environmentalists are pushing, it is not alternative fuels made from food crops. We've know for years that it is not practical. Other than the use of switch grasses for biofuel, that could be grown along all our roadways and highways and harvested the way they now cut grass, most people in my camp believe we will get better results from combinations of wind, sun and conservation. We do believe waste oil could be recycled, but that is only a small part of the big picture. Corn is another filthy, polluting, oil eating crop and we (aka The Environmentalists) do not want more of it grown than is already being produced.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 07:17 am
IMO, farmed catfish taste like cornmeal.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 07:31 am
Green Witch wrote:
Corn is another filthy, polluting, oil eating crop and we (aka The Environmentalists) do not want more of it grown than is already being produced.

And you expect people to take you seriously?

Go eat rocks.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 08:28 am
There's some monster catfish living in the Great Lakes. You just put a piece of pork liver on a big hook, weight it down, cast, and wait.

Or you can try noodling, but not in Michigan, because it is illegal here (How dumb is that? You cannot fish "with your hands". Now how the hell am I supposed to hold the pole? Smile ).
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 08:53 am
Nothing tastes as bad as catfish...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:21 am
cjhsa wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Corn is another filthy, polluting, oil eating crop and we (aka The Environmentalists) do not want more of it grown than is already being produced.

And you expect people to take you seriously?

Go eat rocks.

Before you start throwing any rocks at me, I ask that you read this:

Corn and the Dead Zone

You can find many sources that will back me up on why environmentalists do not want corn based ethanol. Corn has been a Republican backed crop since Nixon. You will find most big corn farmers are Republicans and have been the lobbying force behind all this "use food for energy" chanting. Even your beloved Bush Baby is an ethanol guy. I can Google it for you if you like.

Hey, another good documentary to watch with the wife and kiddies: "King Korn" - a very funny look at how the whole stupid system works (or doesn't).
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:27 am
Miller wrote:
Nothing tastes as bad as catfish...

Try it fresh caught, dredged in ground pecans (with a little salt and pepper) lightly fried with olive oil and butter in an iron skillet and served with a mango or apricot chutney. Cooked over an open fire is optional, but preferred.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:33 am
I eat meat. Meat eats corn. Grow more corn.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 03:48 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I eat meat. Meat eats corn. Grow more corn.

Grass feed cows make for healthier meat. Grass feed cows produce omega3 and less saturated fat which equals less heart disease so you can eat more meat. In the history of Europeans, beef was on the table long before corn was discovered.

Here's the King Korn trailer:

KING KORN

There's a great scene I couldn't find on YouTube that shows when you test the hair of Americans it comes back showing it's made of corn because we consume so much of it. Our bodies are basically secreting corn out of our heads.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 04:37 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I eat meat.

Meat is full of cholesterol and other fats.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 04:42 pm
The irresponsible growth of corn is gonna give birth to many other troubles real soon, IMHO.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 06:38 am
The irresponsible and cancerous growth of environmentalism is going to cause all sorts of troubles, and in fact already has.

Honey, can I borrow your leg?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/03/04/mccartneysseal_wideweb__470x355,0.jpg
0 Replies