Attention anyone Who has weedwackers!!!!!!

mrhunt

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 02:37 pm
So after getting tired of paying around $60.00 a month For our lawn service ive decided to buy a weed wacker and start doing it myself....

It all seems fairly straight forward on operation but i DO have a few questions for anyone who knows weedwackers At all....

-> The manual mentions not to mix more Gas/oil than you can use in a one month period...Why is this?

-> Its alright to leave the weedwacker Stored outdoors (engine covered) with gas still in the tank for periods of time?

-> Any other tips at all you guys can think of for me? should the weedwacker be stored Flat? Or Hanging on a wall or Anything else peticular? Im already aware of changing the spark plug Or Air filter when it needs it....

Okay,Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,187 • Replies: 5
No top replies

timeshocks

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 02:14 pm
If you can, return the gas powered weed wacker, and by an electric, it will save you many a headache in the long run. I do not know how big your yard is or its weed wacking needs, but I would try to go electric.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 03:11 pm
I like electric, too, but they just don't seem to have the horsepower you need for large yards and coarse weeds. My Toro electric is a piece of junk, by the way.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 03:30 pm
Try very hard not to touch a tree trunk.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 03:42 pm
Yeah, and if your shoes are made of fabric, don't let the string hit your feet, either.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 03:50 pm
Re: Attention anyone Who has weedwackers!!!!!!
mrhunt wrote:
So after getting tired of paying around $60.00 a month For our lawn service ive decided to buy a weed wacker and start doing it myself....

It all seems fairly straight forward on operation but i DO have a few questions for anyone who knows weedwackers At all....

-> The manual mentions not to mix more Gas/oil than you can use in a one month period...Why is this?
Think of this as a guideline only. If your mixture is significantly older than a month; simply shake it up a little. 2 Stroke Motors aren't terribly fussy. Leaner on oil delivers more power, but the smart money is to err on the side of too much oil for longevity.

mrhunt wrote:
-> Its alright to leave the weedwacker Stored outdoors (engine covered) with gas still in the tank for periods of time?
Not the best idea, but it's no more sensitive to weathering than anything else.

mrhunt wrote:
-> Any other tips at all you guys can think of for me? should the weedwacker be stored Flat? Or Hanging on a wall or Anything else peticular? Im already aware of changing the spark plug Or Air filter when it needs it....
Like Osso said; stay clear of trees. Store it anyway that it doesn't leak fuel. Wear glasses for yourself and knock it off when you see others approaching. Hearing protection is recommended (but I prefer ear-buds and a good play list. Cool)
0 Replies