NASA Global-warming freak loses it

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 08:40 am
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/06/23/nasas-hansen-oil-execs-should-be-tried-crimes-against-humanity

Quote:

....Although it seems like just yesterday, Monday marks the 20th anniversary of the day James Hansen, the head of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, told members of Congress the world was doomed if the burning of fossil fuels didn't immediately cease.

To commemorate this inauspicious occasion, Hansen is going back to Capitol Hill to call for oil company executives to be put on trial for crimes against humanity and nature.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,777 • Replies: 21
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 09:17 am
Link to PDF File of Hansen's Testimony

Quote:
The most troubling aspect of the political interference with climate change science is the potential burden that we leave for our children and grandchildren.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 10:18 am
So this super loser's gonna send the world back into the middle ages for the children??
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 10:58 am
Director of Meteorology at the Weather Channel Joseph D'Aleo's response to Hansen posted at ICECAP Sunday:

Quote:
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 08:42 pm
http://www.dotpenn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/astronaut_mookie.jpg

NASA global-warming expert....
0 Replies

Shirakawasuna

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 01:21 pm
Psst, gungasnake, funny images only work if you have people who actually agree with you around. And that one isn't even that good. Oh, look, a dumb guy in a space suit. I wonder what the message is?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 01:48 pm
Look gunga- get it into your head. Our side are not allowed to do that. It is a "special privilege" of the other side. They deserve their special privileges you see because they once read an article in Reader's Digest which had a scientific patina whilst they waited for their gum to go numb in the dentist's.

Like Mr S. said- it only works for those who agree with it to begin with which does make it rather pointless I feel. They like preaching to the converted where the only effect possible is a round of applause from them.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:13 pm
gunga might have a little more respect if his statements were more closely based on reality.

Quote:
....Although it seems like just yesterday, Monday marks the 20th anniversary of the day James Hansen, the head of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, told members of Congress the world was doomed if the burning of fossil fuels didn't immediately ceas

Hanson didn't really say that but I guess gunga prefers outlandish hyperbole.
http://www.realclimate.org/images/Hansen06_fig2.jpg
Hansen's 1988 projections with the observed temperature variations added to the chart.
It looks like Hansen's middle projection was fairly accurate.

Quote:
So this super loser's gonna send the world back into the middle ages for the children??
Perhaps you aren't familiar with world history Gunga. The US was founded long after the middle ages and before the industrial revolution. Even if we went back to preindustrial revolution energy use we wouldn't go back to the middle ages.

I see in gunga's post from D'Aleo there is no mention of what science and data Hansen and Gore have supposedly manipulated. Manipulation would be making statements that aren't supported by the facts. D'Aleo and Gunga seem to be the ones guilty of that.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:29 pm
Whenever the US was founded the foundations will remain fragile until you learn to have a giggling fit on viewing Mr Hansen's three scenarios.

Scenario A looks to be of the order of 300% above Scenario C and, with no inbetweens and no futher extremes the thing looks like a visual aid for first graders.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:44 pm
spendius wrote:
Whenever the US was founded the foundations will remain fragile until you learn to have a giggling fit on viewing Mr Hansen's three scenarios.

Scenario A looks to be of the order of 300% above Scenario C and, with no inbetweens and no futher extremes the thing looks like a visual aid for first graders.

And like a first grader you commented without any further examination. Since you have no idea what the 3 scenarios represent, your giggling only illustrates your own empty headedness.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 03:32 pm
I know what they represent. They represent a guy talking to make a good living with a high falutin' bogeyman story.

If we project Sc.A to 2200, much as is projected to 2020, we would arrive at a situation, probably long before 2200 judging from the steepness of the slope, then the number of humans will be reduced to a level at which it won't matter to Gaia how far anybody drives and thus it will be self-correcting.

Anyone consuming at the rate the average American is consuming has nothing coherent to say about the matter and when he does think he has something to say it is merely because he flatters himself into believing that talking about it is the same as doing something about it and therefore he can allow himself to feel very concerned about the future at the same time as he resents any restriction on his consumption patterns enough to change his vote (thankfully he only has one and it's the equivalent of any other) and that it logically follows that he is a socially responsible citizen which he so likes to feel he is.

Arse off. I'll bet Hansen has a gas-guzzler. And a few other needs.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 03:48 pm
You are such a silly school girl Spendi.

Oh.. I bet Jim Hansen doesn't know how to kiss and if you pulled your skirt up he would take a peek at your knickers and then deny he did it.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 05:09 pm
You're floundering.

Anybody can spout that sort of stuff.

I'll sit you on the porcelain if you fancy a duel along those lines. With the bargain bog-paper that you finger went through.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 08:04 am
spendius wrote:
You're floundering.

Anybody can spout that sort of stuff.

I'll sit you on the porcelain if you fancy a duel along those lines. With the bargain bog-paper that you finger went through.

Under normal circumstances anyone can.

But then normal isn't where you live, is it Spendi?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 10:59 am
Having spent the last week studying Vladimir Nabokov's Harvard lectures on Don Quixote I don't suppose it is.

I gave up pulp fiction's brain softening qualities a very long time ago.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 02:26 pm
Then you should know all about tilting at windmills, Spendi.

You might as well act out what you read.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 03:07 pm
I'm Sancho. (Soft beds, no work, pots of ale and voluptuous women.)

Can't get more normal than that.

I mean to say--Early morning gym, nose to the grindstone, tee-total and skinny Lizzies. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Bloody boot camp.

It's obvious who the knights-errant are with all this PC sprouting in the sidewalks.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 03:53 pm
Lucky the sidewalks with their PC aren't very tall compared to the gutter.

It allows even you to get online.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 04:04 pm
since hansen is part of the NASA team , i wonder if it might be correct to assume that the astronaauts never landed on the moon .. .. there has been a story floating around , has't there ?
i've never been to the moon , so why should i believe that astronauts really did land on the moon ???
hbg
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 04:37 pm
If they didn't they did a very good job of faking it and I have to admit that they took me in.

But it's easy to take me in. I believe everything everybody tells me. I can't imagine a world where I didn't.

There would only be cunning in such a world. Darwinian science insists upon it.

The meek are phucked.
0 Replies