• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 920 • Replies: 6
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:45 pm
We already have academic freedom.

Academic non-freedom is when you use government policy to insert non-science into science classes.

All these "bills" are examples of non-freedom and political manipulation.

If the science these bills proposed were valid, it would have been able to survive the scientific process that all the other accepted scientific theories have (evolution being the pre-eminent example of well established scientific fact).
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:00 pm
Academic freedom is when the academic commies can no longer fire or balckball anybody for politically incorrect views. Three down, 47 to go.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:06 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Academic freedom is when the academic commies can no longer fire or balckball anybody for politically incorrect views. Three down, 47 to go.

Which 3 do you consider "down"?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 12:31 pm
Academic freedom is where people are free to blackball people who hold unscientific and frankly unacademic ideas such as Creationism and ID.

But I don't care.

If the US's lead in science goes, I'm sure other countries who aren't infected by Creotards will manage to take up the slack.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 01:04 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Academic freedom is where people are free to blackball people who hold unscientific and frankly unacademic ideas such as Creationism and ID.

But I don't care.

If the US's lead in science goes, I'm sure other countries who aren't infected by Creotards will manage to take up the slack.

Shouldn't that be CreAtards?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 01:21 pm
Creoturds surely?

Academic freedom exists only insofar as it suits or flatters the self to think it exists as it is necessarily limited to the concepts the self can comfortably appreciate.

The recruitment procedures for teaching posts are designed to ensure that academic freedom runs along approved lines. Failures in the procedures often result in lurid headlines and lead to tighter procedures.
0 Replies