A new meaning in term "rising education costs"

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:54 pm
Toooooo wierd! Shocked
Stripper Scholarships
Quote:
"They're happier young ladies. They're doing something with their lives."

Katzman said his company will pay $1,500 to $2,000 in educational expenses per year to women or men who work three or four seven-hour shifts in his clubs. The money is on top of the $10 an hour that dancers are paid, in addition to cash they get from tips and private dances.

But there is a catch.

"They have to maintain a B or above average," Katzman said. "They have to bring in their transcripts and prove they got the grades."

Yeah, right!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 919 • Replies: 12
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:02 pm
hnh. So, after 20 something hours of work, they get that chunk of cash? It seems it would be hard to keep up the payments.

I've known several women who stripped or did fetish work to put themselves through college.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:04 pm
I have too, and some guys as well. Too bad I'm not built like Ahnot, or I would do it meself. I just thought the add's wording was funny.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:08 pm
I don't see how the guy could afford it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:39 pm
I suppose that's 3 to 4 seven hour shifts per week, not 28 hours in total.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:45 pm
My friend Shawna used to do 12 hours on Friday and Saturday at the Deja Vu in Lake City (a seedy suburb north of Seattle). She would work from 3pm-3am. She used to come crash with me on sundays,and just want somebody near by, couldn't stand to be touched, but just know that someone was around who wasn't going to try to touch her. Sad It caused her all sorts of problems for a few years after she quit, but it did pay for school. Apparently dances at that 'Vu were rather "close and friendly" and if one wasn't "close and friendly" one didn't make the tips.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:45 pm
Yeah, makes more sense.

Just got the pun in the title. Little slow tonight.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:47 pm
On the other hand, My friend Todd, who is a bodybuilder, and is also bi, did that to pay for undergrad and law school, and he loved it. he said the men were the best tippers, but the women were the most "friendly."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:51 pm
Oops, didn't see HBob post just before my last one. Sad about your friend. It's a risky business to go into. Did she come out of it all ok, or was there lingering discomfort?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:56 pm
She's mostly okay now, but still has issues with men. She married a very caring guy, who knows her background and is supportive. A lot of guys take the "you were a stripper, eh? (leer, leer, leer)" approach. Not cool!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:57 pm
definitely ick.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 10:12 pm
It's a tough lifestyle, especially if people aren't okay with it.

A $2000 bonus each year is $40/week, or about a $2/hour raise.

I don't think it would break the owner to pay $12/hour instead of $10
to only 10% of his employees.
They'll probably make the $2 up with the goodwill and extra effort he gets.
It's nice PR too, which that business definitely needs.
Also, it encourages the dancer to keep working reliably
to get that bonus at the end of the semester.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 11:13 pm
In some places, Seattle was one, the girls had to pay a $150.00/night fee to the club. The girls were also expected to "tip" the bar (which was non-alcoholic per Washington State Law) $75.00, and the DJ another $75.00. They got $5.00 from each $20.00 drink the customer bought them, with an additional dollar for each coresponding $10.00 increase in drink price (up to $60.00). Dances were officially $20.00 per song in the regular area, and $40.00 in the "VIP Lounge", i.e. the darker, more secluded back area. The girls got to keep $5.00 from the 20 dances,and $10.00 from the 40s. Tips were expected for "hotter" dances, which shawna said included handj_bs from sone of the dancer. She says she never did that, and I'm, not about to question her on it. Most girls "close dances" were mucho grinding and body rubbing so the guy finished (hopefully) in a condom he would put on in the restroom. She said "regulars'" would wear sweat pants and no undies, in order to have more friction. Most of the regulars would wear condoms, but some wouldn't, and she said she got really upset when they "wet" her. She also told me (and I knew this from my younger, dumber days) that in order to generate good tips you had to let the guys grope you, and some girls let the guys do oral on them. She said she never did,and I don't blame her. She said one of tne worst times was when an ex-boyfreind came in and recognized her. Anyway, the place I was going with this was that she needed to make at least $400.00 per night just to make going in worthwhile. She averaged $600.00-700.00/night usually, so that was usually a good $300.00 profit.
Todd, on the other hand, got to keep most of the money he made,and usually cleard $800.00/night. He would usually just work one night every two weeks. Like I said, If I had the body I might consider it. I think its easier on men.
0 Replies