1
   

[answered] Something new?

 
 
Setanta
 
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 05:07 am
I just reported a spam post attached to a legitimate thread. When i hit the submit button, i got a warning message to the effect that the post number was already included in the report, and that i didn't need to include a link to the post in the report.

I hadn't done that. What's up? Bug in the new system?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,119 • Replies: 12
No top replies

 
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 05:13 am
wow, i've not seen the spammers attaching themselves to legitimate threads

that's sad
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 05:30 am
I've seen it occasionally, but i haven't seen it happen too often.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 07:09 am
Re: Something new?
Setanta wrote:
I just reported a spam post attached to a legitimate thread. When i hit the submit button, i got a warning message to the effect that the post number was already included in the report, and that i didn't need to include a link to the post in the report.

I hadn't done that. What's up? Bug in the new system?



That has always been included in every window that pops up when I report a post.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:33 am
This was answered? Where?
0 Replies
 
TTH
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:15 am
Setanta when I went to report you this is the message:

"Do not use this form except to report violations of Able2Know's Terms of Service.
You are reporting Post #3283983. The post is automatically included in the report so there is no need to supply a link or a quote." Laughing
0 Replies
 
TTH
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:11 am
btw I didn't really report you, just in case you thought I did.
0 Replies
 
jespah
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:17 am
Re: Something new?
dlowan wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I just reported a spam post attached to a legitimate thread. When i hit the submit button, i got a warning message to the effect that the post number was already included in the report, and that i didn't need to include a link to the post in the report.

I hadn't done that. What's up? Bug in the new system?



That has always been included in every window that pops up when I report a post.


^This is the answer -- this is how it's been for quite a while.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:19 am
Re: [answered] Something new?
Setanta wrote:
I hadn't done that.


You hadn't done what - attached a link?

That message has been there as long as I can recall 'report'ing.

If you report by way of 'contact us' the same message isn't there.
0 Replies
 
jespah
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:17 am
That's probably the reason for the confusion. Clicking report on a post inserts the post link automatically. Contact us requires a lil more finesse.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:01 am
I don't think anybody here has understood my question. It's no big deal, because it hasn't happened since.

However, i was proceeding in the normal fashion to report a spam thread, when i got the message i described above. I had never gotten that message when reporting a thread (and haven't gotten it since). It was a completely nonsensical message, because i hadn't included a link to the post in my report.

I was not attempting to contact the help desk directly about that thread, either.

This question was never answered--not that it bothers me, but i would like to point out that all of you have failed to understand my question.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:19 am
Setanta wrote:
I don't think anybody here has understood my question. It's no big deal, because it hasn't happened since.

However, i was proceeding in the normal fashion to report a spam thread, when i got the message i described above. I had never gotten that message when reporting a thread (and haven't gotten it since). It was a completely nonsensical message, because i hadn't included a link to the post in my report.

I was not attempting to contact the help desk directly about that thread, either.

This question was never answered--not that it bothers me, but i would like to point out that all of you have failed to understand my question.



Is this what you saw?


"Do not use this form except to report violations of Able2Know's Terms of Service.
You are reporting Post #3308612. The post is automatically included in the report so there is no need to supply a link or a quote."
0 Replies
 
TTH
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:19 am
Setanta wrote:
I don't think anybody here has understood my question.
Can you re-word your question then?

Edit: I did a similar thing in asking a question. Maybe I just answered my own question.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How to use the new able2know - Discussion by Craven de Kere
New A2K feature requests. - Discussion by DrewDad
I'm the developer - Discussion by Nick Ashley
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
A2K censors tags? - Discussion by hingehead
New A2K Bugs - Discussion by sozobe
New A2K annoyances - Discussion by sozobe
The a2k world is changing 3: about voting - Discussion by Craven de Kere
LOST & MISPLACED A2K people. - Discussion by msolga
Welcome to the 'New' My Posts - Discussion by Nick Ashley
The "I get folksonomy" club - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
  1. Forums
  2. » [answered] Something new?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 02/24/2020 at 09:31:20