[answered] Something new?

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 05:07 am
I just reported a spam post attached to a legitimate thread. When i hit the submit button, i got a warning message to the effect that the post number was already included in the report, and that i didn't need to include a link to the post in the report.

I hadn't done that. What's up? Bug in the new system?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,278 • Replies: 12
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 05:13 am
wow, i've not seen the spammers attaching themselves to legitimate threads

that's sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 05:30 am
I've seen it occasionally, but i haven't seen it happen too often.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 07:09 am
Re: Something new?
Setanta wrote:
I just reported a spam post attached to a legitimate thread. When i hit the submit button, i got a warning message to the effect that the post number was already included in the report, and that i didn't need to include a link to the post in the report.

That has always been included in every window that pops up when I report a post.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:33 am
This was answered? Where?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:15 am
Setanta when I went to report you this is the message:

"Do not use this form except to report violations of Able2Know's Terms of Service.
You are reporting Post #3283983. The post is automatically included in the report so there is no need to supply a link or a quote." Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:11 am
btw I didn't really report you, just in case you thought I did.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:17 am
Re: Something new?
dlowan wrote:
Setanta wrote:

That has always been included in every window that pops up when I report a post.

^This is the answer -- this is how it's been for quite a while.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:19 am
Re: [answered] Something new?
Setanta wrote:
I hadn't done that.

You hadn't done what - attached a link?

That message has been there as long as I can recall 'report'ing.

If you report by way of 'contact us' the same message isn't there.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:17 am
That's probably the reason for the confusion. Clicking report on a post inserts the post link automatically. Contact us requires a lil more finesse.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:01 am
I don't think anybody here has understood my question. It's no big deal, because it hasn't happened since.

However, i was proceeding in the normal fashion to report a spam thread, when i got the message i described above. I had never gotten that message when reporting a thread (and haven't gotten it since). It was a completely nonsensical message, because i hadn't included a link to the post in my report.

I was not attempting to contact the help desk directly about that thread, either.

This question was never answered--not that it bothers me, but i would like to point out that all of you have failed to understand my question.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:19 am
Setanta wrote:
I don't think anybody here has understood my question. It's no big deal, because it hasn't happened since.

However, i was proceeding in the normal fashion to report a spam thread, when i got the message i described above. I had never gotten that message when reporting a thread (and haven't gotten it since). It was a completely nonsensical message, because i hadn't included a link to the post in my report.

I was not attempting to contact the help desk directly about that thread, either.

This question was never answered--not that it bothers me, but i would like to point out that all of you have failed to understand my question.

Is this what you saw?

"Do not use this form except to report violations of Able2Know's Terms of Service.
You are reporting Post #3308612. The post is automatically included in the report so there is no need to supply a link or a quote."
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:19 am
Setanta wrote:
I don't think anybody here has understood my question.
Can you re-word your question then?

Edit: I did a similar thing in asking a question. Maybe I just answered my own question.
0 Replies