I am amazed....

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 01:56 pm
Francis wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Francis' was a bit too big http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/126/1147rp.th.jpg
you were supposed to let it cool down a little bit...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 01:58 pm
Ha - so laughing! Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 01:58 pm
Strange games taking place between Kicky and Lola..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 02:08 pm
oh my..
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 02:20 pm
Linkat wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Linkat, I'm amazed that your high school class did that. Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling all over. My high school class would NOT have done that. We had some sweet nice earthy teachers. We made one cry. The other quit. Little angels, we were.

Partially odd since I went to a very large public high school that had a rep for being tough.

I think everyone was shocked and thought what the h*ll.

The class across the hall - had one kid that wanted to pray all the time and so everyone else would walk and hang in the hallway, while we stood up joined arms and sang KumbahYa - strange really.

Yup, sounds like a what-the-hell moment--but kinda nice. Makes me smile.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 02:11 pm
Quote:
According to some of the things you say you hate my guts, and you have no clue who I am...except that some of you may have figured...I am a Southern, Christian of very Conservative political beliefs. And this makes me...crazy? unlikable? intolerant? And do you know that because I am Southern, or, a Christian...or maybe Conservative?

Quote:
And goodness - the crap you allow yourselves to be drawn into - it seems for the sake of drama and maybe even slight boredom you enjoy piling on someone to heap coals of scathing, often hurtful words that I expect to be more from highschool kids than older adults...which many of you are. Well...I find it unsettling at best when I accidentally come across the ick that is spewed here.

mismi, I agree with your entire original post. Which is why I stay away from the Politics and Spirituality forums here. If you're not preaching to the choir here, you're in big trouble.

As someone who has relatives in the South, as well as many friends there, it's unfortunate that so many northeasterners feel the need to stereotype all southerners as stupid, backwoods, countryboy idiots. They should take a trip out their ignorance and visit you down South!

I have a friend in Alabama who is one of the most brilliant, articulate guys I know. He's done very well for himself with his own business and is involved in State/local politics as well. (I only wish he would come on the Politics forum here sometime -- I'll be he could kick some serious ass.)

He lives in a beautiful home, with a pool and a gorgeous view of the bay. As he once told me (re: northerners perceptions of southerners), "Let 'em keep thinking that all they want. I'll keep sipping my beer out on my patio, watching the sun set into the Bay and paying about 1/10th of what they're paying for their shacks in the "Big City."

Couldn't have said it better! :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:12 pm
Shhhhh, Stray Cat! Remember what happened when people in LA found out about the Pacific Northwest? Zip it!!!!

Yessiree, here in Oklahoma we still hafta circle the wagons at night to keep the Injuns at bay.

Yup, it's true.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:16 pm
Real honest-to-goodness Injuns? Wow, sounds like fun, Eva. When can I come visit?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:19 pm
Waaaallll, I wouldn't normally invite jes' anyone, but I reckon you prolly know how to shoot straight. C'mon down. I'll fix up a bunk in the barn for ya.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:21 pm
Hey hey all

I lived in Boston MA for 2 yrs and SanFran for 2 years - relly's in Texas, friends in Chicago and now Texas, ex-hub lived in Hunstville Alabama for 18 months...

I didn't realise there was such a divide.... which just about sums me up really - never really think about where people live, only who they are. Naive I spose - but am learning from this thread about how the US works.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:22 pm
As long as I don't have to muck out the stalls, I'll be right down. Thanks for the right neighbourly invite. What're you fixin' for dinner?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:38 pm
Rattlesnake steaks. They're kinda small, but iffen you're still hungry, I can whup up some tumbleweed salad to go with 'em.

You want yer snake steak medium rare?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 08:17 pm
Quote:
Shhhhh, Stray Cat! Remember what happened when people in LA found out about the Pacific Northwest? Zip it!!!!

You're right, Eva. I've said way too much already!

Quote:
Yessiree, here in Oklahoma we still hafta circle the wagons at night to keep the Injuns at bay.

Yup, it's true.

Yup. :wink:
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 08:19 pm
I'm up for rattlesnake. And I don't have a big appetite, so that's just fine. I'm from the Welcome Wagon, Tai Chi. Set yerself down.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I am amazed....
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 09:36:02