Ive heard some theories about humans compared to "god"

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:14 pm
Does anyone else think that god was in effect distilling the impurities out of humans?

I heard these men talking about it, they said that if god made us in his image, doesnt that mean hes also saying we will be gods?

i dont know. craziness! blasphemy oh noezz! i thought it was interesting..

Somehting else they said was that humans were actually like wolves turning into dogs compared to alien overlords, soo yeah thats a little weird...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,869 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Johnjohnjohn

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 10:37 am
@OGIONIK,
God said that there are no other gods but himself .

We're made in his image means that we are made to resemble him, not to become him.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 06:10 am
@OGIONIK,
When it says that we are made in the image of God, this merely means that we are made in male likeness which comes from God who is a he not a she, God is the ultimate male, male immortality, male of all males, Father of all Fathers. If it said that a bull was made in the image of God, that would also be correct because it has a male likeness that comes only from God which is male not female. However, there is an antonym which is Goddess that refers to female immortality etc etc. I think the Christian monotheist idea comes from the concept of Father Sky(or Heavenly Father) and Mother Earth. If God is male immortality, is the sky immortal? This is an Old World metaphoric concept on the parents of all creation, male and female. But this is only a physical concept not a spirtual/psychological one. The true quest has always been to know the spirit or psychology of God. The spirit drives the physical body, not the other way around. I think the spirit/psychology of God is "FAMILY" or having a sense of family, without this type of spirit or sense we wouldn't exist, or there is only self destruction. Family is about procreation and survival. Why then is the Father more prominent than the Mother in Christian ideology? Is this sexism? No, because in Christian ideology, if the Father is honourable and protective then he is worthy to be the head of the famiy. If he is not, then the Mother is the head of the family. I think Lord Jesus knows the true spirit/psychology of God, he is very family-like, honourable, protective and righteous. Therefore, spiritually he is the Father of all humanity.
0 Replies