Questions for people who've met at A2K meets...

Eva

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:36 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I would've thought Mame would know better by now than to ask multiple questions in the same post!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:54 pm
Wrong about the accent, Chai. She could have been born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:55 pm
Of course I do!!

Every time I read Mame I read the mispronunciation of her "aaa" and
I envision her face and her mimic when I read her posts.

I see georgeob1, who mostly comes across as a very serious poster,
more with an impish smile and can't take him that serious any longer.

Cicerone's post and his persona don't match at all. In person he's such
a soft spoken, nice man, but some of his posts can be quite the opposite.

How can one read Francis' post without having his French accent in mind.
I read his post having his accent in mind and can see that he's more humorous than one realizes at first.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 09:01 pm
Yes. Especially those I see and hear quite often.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 09:43 pm
BBB - you made me spit out my wine! Very Happy You sexy baby, you.

Chai - I don't have an accent, despite what ob1 says. I'm Scottish and English/Canadian but I sound like someone from Seattle (to you all), I suspect. No accent. No accent. No accent. No Indian or French blood. I'm a Pict - a dirty, hairy, swarthy, fighting Pict.

CJ - I hear your distinct German accent (and your smart ass comments - and what do you mean my "mimic"???) and Francis' gentle French one. He's a very funny dude. I hear MA in his other-worldly gentlemanly European one. And about Georgeob1 - you're right on Smile And CI, yes, very polite and gentle.

Eva - Laughing I wish, wish, wish we'd had more time together. Now THERE'S an accent Smile You sound Southern to my ear in a very soft way.

Walter, yes, has his own accent, but one which I'm used to.

But behaviours were more informative - Diane was not what I expected at all; Dys sorta was, more so, anyway. Thomas was a surprise...he said he was intimidated by moi! Can you imagine? He, this youngish German professional with the world by the tail?

Osso was not as dithery as I expected (sorry, Osso) - very cogent, coherent and consistent, and Shewolf was more constrained or restrained than she is here, for sure! Other than the rubbing her boobs against the window remark, she was Good Behaviour personified. But I'd like to get her out for an evening with me, Eva, Chai (to name a few) and then, well, we'll see...

RealJohnBoy was delightful, as he appears to me here, and Roger is another MA. Courtly and funny. Interesting and intelligent.

Cyclo was waaay younger than I thought he'd be - he's good-looking, well-presented, and SMART.

Roxxx was gentler than I expected, and Sglass was more street-savvy.

I'd never met the PDiddies on line, so had no clue, but they were delightful.

Yeah, now that I've met you, I hear your voices in everything you write. Can't hide from me anymore Smile Look out everyone else! Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 09:56 pm
accent
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 09:58 pm
your gonna need medication from all those voices..
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 09:58 pm
Yes, you definitely have one, She.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 10:01 pm
Do I sing you to sleep at night?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:19 am
I don't plan on meeting anyone - I don't think anyone would really guess what I look like so I rather keep it that way. I have been amused at times though when some one has tried.

In some ways I am curious what others are like in person and in others I almost rather not have my current image tarnished.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:05 am
Re: Questions for people who've met at A2K meets...
Quote:
1. Do you hear the person's voice when you read their posts?

I don't hear any voices, ever . . . i'm reading, not listening to someone speak.

Quote:
2. After having met them, do you distinctly remember who and how they "were" before you met them and discovered who they were?

Sorta kinda, in some cases.

Quote:
3. Were your impressions of them correct?

I don't necessarily form impressions of members in advance. The biggest shock i had was Wenchilina, who is stacked, and a really beautiful woman--but her contributions here (rare, and getting rarer) have been in her area of expertise, which is pharmacology. So, just reading the few posts she made here, you'd think dry, librarian with glasses type--and nothing could be further from the truth. I was also very surprised to meet Timber in person--then we spent about four or five hours running our mouths over endless-cups-o-coffee, and i always associated him with his posts thereafter. Not the voice, though--voices just don't enter into it for me.

Quote:
4. Do you get their posts better now, ie. the sarcasm, the laughter, etc?

Naw . . . i'm too thick.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:11 am
Re: Questions for people who've met at A2K meets...
Setanta wrote:
I was also very surprised to meet Timber in person--then we spent about four or five hours running our mouths over endless-cups-o-coffee, and i always associated him with his posts thereafter.

Same here. (Except for the endless-cups...)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:27 am
I haven't met any A2Kers I didn't know before I read their posts here, but I did speak with RJB on the telephone a few weeks ago. Ever since then I have attached his voice to his posts.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:39 pm
Mame you are an absolute howl.

Yes, MA is a gentleman, but he was raised in a Boston area ghetto (Roxbury) and belonged to a street gang.

I think he got his european smoothness from Sears & Robuck. (On sale).

Me street savvy? I get lost all the time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:50 pm
Sglass, You get lost all the time? No way. You were the perfect guide during our visit to the Big Island last February, and we were able to see things we would have missed if we were on our own.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:56 pm
:wink:
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:40 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Sglass, You get lost all the time? No way. You were the perfect guide during our visit to the Big Island last February, and we were able to see things we would have missed if we were on our own.

She has been there before, you know, c.i.!!!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 04:21 am
margo wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:15 am
margo wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

She's been there before, because she lives there. LOL
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 02:38 pm
Thomas was exactly as expected until we met up with Stuh. The two of them took off on some technical / theory stuff that was way over my head. I just sat in aww. I knew he was smart, but... Dang!

Thomas also has a great sense of humour - similar to what I grew up with so I "got it" even when it was subtle. Yes, I still read his posts with his voice and accent in mind and mentally insert the grin where I figure it should go.

LionTamerX was also as expected, perhaps a bit taller and thinner. Great smile, sense of humor and very laid back / casual. He actually came to Bears reunion concert prior to meeting up with us, Thomas and Stuh. When he came into he bar and sat down I went over to him and said, "Lion Tamer?" without hesitating to think what a strange thing that would be to say to someone if it wasn't him. Smile Lovely wife, too. I still put his voice and mannerisms with his posts.

Cav sounded exactly as expected on the phone, as did Dys and Craven when I've talked to them.

The only one I imagine would be a total surprise here would be cjhsa. He's probably a little kitty cuddler.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 03:56:29