WMD gone by 1995: What in the World Was Saddam Thinking?

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:44 am
So, after Saddam's son-in-law Hussein Kamel, head of his unconventional weapons programs, defected to Jordan in 1995, Saddam ordered intensified efforts to hide or destroy blueprints, "dual use" technology and any remaining germs or chemicals. Not only was material stashed or obliterated, but records showing what had been destroyed were also pulped.

Some U.S. and British intel officials still say stockpiles of chemical or biological agents will turn up. But U.S. Defense analysts are paying more attention to a "working hypothesis," based on stories told by Iraqi captives, that no live WMD may ever be found.

Some U.S. officials even think Iraqi defectors who surfaced before the war saying Saddam was still making WMD were double agents dispatched by Saddam to spread disinformation to deter his enemies. Others say this would have undermined his effort to have U.N. sanctions lifted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 533 • Replies: 6
No top replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:49 am
Or, Chalabi and CO. told Bushy-Poo II exactly what he wanted to hear:
"Yes, yes..they have WMD."
"Yes, yes, the Iraqi people will welcome you."
"Yes, yes...The Iraqi people will have no problems with an American installed puppet government."
"Yes, yes...the Iraqi people would love to have Walmart, Samsclub, Taco Bell, and McDonalds in Baghdad."
"Yes, yes... we simple Iraqis are too backward and primitive to run our own government."
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 10:17 am
HobitBob
HobitBob, pscheessch! you have ruined my day. You just punched a huge hole in my rosy glasses belief system in the charms and wisdom of Bush Inc. et al.

Why do you have to be such a downer when I'm trying to be optimistic about the expected safety of our darlin young men and women in uniform in Iraq?

Where is Winston Churchill when we need him?

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 10:24 am
Now, now, BBB, its allright. Just drink a Bud, slap your woman around, and listen to Toby Keith...you'll feel better. You know that Bushies shouldn't read..after all, if their hero can't, why should they? Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 10:48 am
The emperor has no new clothes . . . the emperor is stark, raving nekkid . . .
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 11:13 am
HobitBob
HobitBob, it ain't nice for a woman to slap another woman around :wink:
But I could whomp my puppy, Madison, if it will make you feel better 'cause he's always in trouble anyway.
---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 11:20 am
Quote:
HobitBob, it ain't nice for a woman to slap another woman around
Worked for Melrose Place.
0 Replies