120 "Abused" Animals Seized

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 07:33 am
http://www.local6.com/news/16432139/detail.html

I'm not sure what to make of this. We have a similar case here in Michigan right now that is far from clear cut either. In fact, one thing that is clear is that the animal control folks have a long standing vendetta against the MI ranchers.

I looked at the pictures and to be honest, I don't see starving, abused animals. I do potentially see an abusive legal system heavily influenced by animal rights organizations such as PETA and HSUS.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,048 • Replies: 11
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 08:40 am
bttt
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:06 am
The one horse that is brown & white looks way too thin imo. The other pictures don't show me starving animals. Hmmm don't know what to think.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:10 am
It did say she took in abused animals.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:12 am
Sounds like she took on too much. They didn't show them all though - so no way to tell.

I do think there are some who don't take care of their animals and the animals need to be removed...but there are times I think that they do abuse their power. Seem to take a bit too far. You just never know though...people are so mean at times. I am not one to think that animal rights precede human rights...but I don't want them abused or neglected either.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:36 am
They don't look healthy but they don't look emaciated.

This is emaciated and this should be punished.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/692401.jpg

This lady should just have the animals taken away, at least some, so she can better care for them.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:40 am
Bella, hounds will often appear emaciated when they aren't at all, it's just how they are put together (I have one - her ribs are quite visible, she eats very well). That one is clearly emaciated, but for those with an unfamiliar eye, a perfectly healthy hound could appear abused.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:45 am
Bella Dea
I agree that the person who let that dog get that way should be punished. If people can't take care of their animals, then they shouldn't have them. It still amazes me that people can be so cruel.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:49 am
cjhsa wrote:
Bella, hounds will often appear emaciated when they aren't at all, it's just how they are put together (I have one - her ribs are quite visible, she eats very well). That one is clearly emaciated, but for those with an unfamiliar eye, a perfectly healthy hound could appear abused.

I have 2 boxers and I get that.

But you can tell a naturally thin animal from one that hasn't eaten.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:31 am
My point was the subjectivity of such a decision to raid that woman's farm. She admitted to being overwhelmed but even her neighbor said there was no abuse going on. 120 animals - that's a lot of money at auction.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:32 am
Is that what they do? They auction the animals taken from this woman? I didn't get that point either. Holy cow.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:34 am
It's hard to say what they might do with them. I just meant that they were her property, and worth quite a bit of money.
0 Replies