Is God A Liberal Progressive?

RexRed

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:39 pm
Do the standards of God align with that of the liberal progressives? What is the liberal progressive "philosophy" and how does it measure up to the theology of the holy spirit?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 985 • Replies: 13
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:44 pm
First, establish there is a God.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:59 pm
edgarblythe wrote:

Isn't witnessing the results of a "Creator" though this universe and the majesty of life enough to convince you?

Besides, humanity has occupied the earth for so short a time to claim absolute supremacy of this universe.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:22 pm
Hey Rex,

Are you asking if God "progresses with the times"? I don't want to comment until I know what you mean. Good to see you by the way.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:58 pm
Re: Is God A Liberal Progressive?
RexRed wrote:
Do the standards of God align with that of the liberal progressives? What is the liberal progressive "philosophy" and how does it measure up to the theology of the holy spirit?

When you say "god", are you referringto the genocidal, petty, insecure, and obsessive god of the Bible? If so, I would hope that liberal progressives aren't holding themselves against such a low standard.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:20 pm
Re: Is God A Liberal Progressive?
Thomas wrote:
RexRed wrote:

When you say "god", are you referringto the genocidal, petty, insecure, and obsessive god of the Bible? If so, I would hope that liberal progressives aren't holding themselves against such a low standard.

You need to study the Bible to find the one "true" God...

The God I mean is the, only true God.

You seem to think the God of Moses is the only God spoken of in the Bible.

If the testament of Moses was accurate or complete then why a "new" testament? Why not just a few new modifications or additions? Why a new law? Becasue the new law is written within.

Did God change? No, it was people who changed. When they received the new law within the true God of love was revealed.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:29 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Hey Rex,

Are you asking if God "progresses with the times"? I don't want to comment until I know what you mean. Good to see you by the way.

God is both. God progresses with us as a part of his creation and God is static to progress as zero having the attribute of needing no progression. Something that is all knowing does not need to progress.

As Jehovah God progresses with creation and as Elohim God is static as zero needing only to create to see the progression within creation.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:35 pm
Candy came from out on the island
In the back room she was everybody's darlin'
But she never lost her head
Even when she was givin' head
She says hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
She says hey honey, take a walk on the wild side
And the colored girls sing
Doot, doo doot, doo doot, doo doot doo doot
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:43 pm
I heard Allah and Buddha were singing at the Savior's feast
And up the sky and Arabian rabbi
Fed Quaker oats to a priest.
Pretty good, not bad, they can't complain
Cause actually all them gods is just about the same
Pretty good, not bad, I can't complain
Cause actually everything is just about the same
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:44 pm
RexRed wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

a. Isn't witnessing the results of a "Creator" though this universe and the majesty of life enough to convince you?

b.Besides, humanity has occupied the earth for so short a time to claim absolute supremacy of this universe.

Nope. Anyway that's circular and nonsensical as an argument and always has been.

b. Who the hell claims absolute supremacy for humans, or anything like it, except maybe some nutty religionists?

C. "When you say "god", are you referringto the genocidal, petty, insecure, and obsessive god of the Bible? If so, I would hope that liberal progressives aren't holding themselves against such a low standard."

Ramen.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:55 pm
Rex, the Bible says God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He doesn't progress with the times as in thinking things aren't sins, etc. God doesn't change.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 10:05 pm
Arella, isn't there somewhere in the Song of Solomon that says "There is nothing new under the Sun?" If so, "Progression" isn't needed.

Red Rex,

Quote:
You need to study the Bible to find the one "true" God...
Isn't God all around us? Isn't the Holy Spirit able to move all people (which would include Christian & non Christian)? Isn't Evidence for a God in the creation of this world? If so, your statement is restrictive and therefore in error.

Quote:
You seem to think the God of Moses is the only God spoken of in the Bible.
Is there any other God spoken of in the bible?

Quote:
If the testament of Moses was accurate or complete then why a "new" testament?
Was the Old Testament inaccurate and/or misleading? If so, why can't the new Testament be inaccurate and/or misleading also?

Quote:
Did God change? No, it was people who changed. When they received the new law within the true God of love was revealed.
Is this something you found in the Bible, or from experience, or from the world, or somewhere else?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 12:14 am
Time Can't Deny

The eagle that flies
Over mountains and seas
The lone prairie moon
And a song in the night
I saw a rainbow
And I saw a light
But I saw a river that
Rolled right on by

Now I keep on thinking
But I don't know why
That word sounds so easy
When you say goodbye
And I hope you're thinking
But I don't know why
That I'll be your memory
That time can't deny
Now I have believed
And I have seen love
And I know a secret
That comes from above
And the rivers that roll by
And the eagle that flies
The lone prairie moon
And a song in the night

Now I keep on thinking
But I don't know why
That word sounds so easy
When you say goodbye
And I hope you're thinking
But I don't know why
That I'll be your memory
That time can't deny

RexRed
Copyright 2005
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:16 am
dyslexia wrote:
Candy came from out on the island
In the back room she was everybody's darlin'
But she never lost her head
Even when she was givin' head
She says hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
She says hey honey, take a walk on the wild side
And the colored girls sing

COMMENT REX:

And what does this have to do with anything said in this post? The a2k moderators think this is acceptable behavior... I reported it yesterday to see NOTHING was done about it. Conservatives have to even endure masked death threats and keep their silence on this forum. Liberals are exclusively allowed to spam Christian threads.

I think I am finding the a2k moderators are just filthy liberals with little or no moral STANDARDS. They may wonder why members are not posting here on this forum so much ANYMORE. I come in months later and the same threads are sitting unanswered.

Answer: Maybe it is because you let people like Dys and Set **** on every member and when people complain you unfairly take their sides????? It happens to me on a nearly daily basis but take offence to their NASTY SPAM and the moderators make us feel like we are the one at fault?

My only recourse is either let Dys continue to sucker punch me without responding or go spam his threads which only liberals are allowed to do that on this forum. MODERTAORS I did not contact you so you could sit on your thumbs I want this this post removed from my thread and Dys kicked from the discussion.! Can I have some ORDER and DESCENCY in my threads PLEASE? I don give a **** who wrote it it is OBSCENE and has no place in a discussion on religion in the context that most people were speaking here. Now do your job and fricking moderate!

Your lack of FAIR moderation has driven me from this forum for months before. Had I posted what Dys did about "giving head" in the middle of an evolution discussion of hear felt faith I would be called up on it for intolerance and "unchristian" behavior.

Thus the double standards.

This forum sucks! I guess it is time for me to leave again. Your moderators are driving good people away!
0 Replies