Where the Hell is my IRS Incentive Cash?

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 08:25 pm
Amigo wrote:
I can't believe this crap. They actually advanced us our own money in hopes that we would go out and blow it. How come I haven't heard about this from anybody else? Why aren't they talking about this on the news?
They did announce it on the news and in newspapers, not to mention the IRS sent out a mailing to taxpayers. You complain about getting the money, well I don't get any at all. It is taxpayers like me who pay for YOU to get this money.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:26 pm
TTH wrote:
Amigo wrote:
I can't believe this crap. They actually advanced us our own money in hopes that we would go out and blow it. How come I haven't heard about this from anybody else? Why aren't they talking about this on the news?
They did announce it on the news and in newspapers, not to mention the IRS sent out a mailing to taxpayers. You complain about getting the money, well I don't get any at all. It is taxpayers like me who pay for YOU to get this money.
How the f@#k does YOU paying taxes like everybody else (including me) pay for me getting my own money?

Please PLEASE tell me this one, I am very curious about some of the replys I get here.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:38 pm
Getting your own money is a matter of semantics as far as I am concerned. The money comes from the govt. and that money comes from the taxpayers who pay at the highest rate. Otherwise we would be getting that money too, which of course we don't.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:39 pm
The money comes out of my own refund I am told.

Why don't you get money?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:42 pm
The money comes from the govt. You don't have a separate govt. account with money that is just for you. Call it what you want, the money still comes out of the pocket of the highest taxpayers or we would get that money too.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:43 pm
Amigo wrote:
Why don't you get money?
There is a phase out for higher income levels. That is why.

Edit:
"Phase Out: Your payment is reduced, or you may receive no payment at all based on your income level. The stimulus payment begins to phase out for individuals with adjusted gross incomes (AGI) over $75,000 and married couples who file a joint return with AGI over $150,000. The combined payment is reduced by 5 percent of the income above the AGI thresholds."

source:http://wealthyreader.com/articles/stimulus-payment-make-too-much-you-might-not-get-one/
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:53 pm
Well why don't we take the total amount of taxes paid to the govenment by the people getting "free" money and the take the total amount of taxes taxes paid to the government by by the people above the income of the free money and see who is giveng more money to the country?

And who has more sons dying in the war?

And who builds the roads?

The American working class would do just fine without the upper class. In fact why don't they just keep there 600$ and stop taxing us.

Ohh the poor upper class Crying or Very sad Leave then.

Lets vote on it.

And where do they get the money? They just print more of it.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:00 pm
Amigo wrote:
In fact why don't they just keep there 600$ and stop taxing us.
I vote for that, but it isn't going to happen.
Amigo wrote:
And where do they get the money? They just print more of it.
It would be nice if it worked that way.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:05 pm
So if I get 600$ now there is 600$ taken out of my tax return later, Right?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:22 pm
Whooo Hooooo....they sent me 4 dollars!!!

There is one free gallon of gasoline out there somewhere with my name on it, and I'm gonna go get it, even though it will cost me 8 dollars to drive to town and back...pfffttt I don't even care.....take that you rich bastards...I hope it came right out of your pocket TTH...oooh I think it did....it's still warm, and it smells like self tanning lotion.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:31 pm
The money will have no effect on your 2008 tax return per the IRS.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 07:40 am
2PacksAday wrote:

There is one free gallon of gasoline out there somewhere with my name on it, and I'm gonna go get it, even though it will cost me 8 dollars to drive to town and back...pfffttt I don't even care.....take that you rich bastards...I hope it came right out of your pocket TTH...oooh I think it did....it's still warm, and it smells like self tanning lotion.

No! Seriously?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 09:33 am
No, only kidding....was just poking at TTH for being in a high tax bracket.

My wife and I are both self-employed, so usually we get soaked pretty good each year, but last year we spent quite a bit....on purpose, so we ended up basically breaking even as far as normal taxes goes...and then we got most of our estimated stimulus check.

I have a very low SS number, so we got our check first batch. We have three kids, so it should have been 2,100.00, but they held 600.00 back for some arcane reason, something about my profit margin still being too high...whatever.

So, technically we were "poor" last year, so I wanted to see what it felt like to yell at a rich person....it felt great....it felt so good, I might even vote Dem this year.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:12 am
2PacksAday wrote:

Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:20 am
JPB wrote:
Amigo -- I'm gonna write my congressman and ask that my tax dollars go directly to funding your stimulus check, k? I can't think of a better guy to get my tax dollars..

yay!!

score one for the mexican
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:23 am
oops -- I musta been deleting that as you were quoting it. Ok, I'll put it back...

JPB wrote:
Amigo -- I'm gonna write my congressman and ask that my tax dollars go directly to funding your stimulus check, k? I can't think of a better guy to get my tax dollars.

As to the impact on next year's tax bill -- as of right now, it's not an advance against next year's tax bill. It's intended to put $$$ in the hands of folks who will then go out and give it to their favorite shopkeeper who will then hire more kids to stock his shelves, who will buy video games and plunk their asses in front of the brand new plasma tv that their folks bought with their stimulus check. I know you know the drill... But - that's as of right now. There's plenty of time for Congress to amend the tax law before next year to decide that it really wasn't a tax-free stimulus after all. All we can do for now is spend and hope, save and hope, or some of each.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:24 am
HA!

sorry about that..
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 07:05 pm
2PacksAday
I got your message and actually I was laughing at your post :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 07:14 pm
littlek
Did you try this route?
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=181665,00.html
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 07:26 pm
littlek wrote:
Well, I fall into that category - filed with turbotax and had them take fees from my refund before it was direct deposited. I wonder what they could have done to make the IRS change course?

TTH - this is my problem.
0 Replies