Change your clothes

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:40 am
mushy wrote:
Quote:
I know what it is to be embarrassed sometimes by what you do, simply bc it is something you know you have surpassed and you know you have so much potential

which reminded me of this:

"anything or anyone
that does not bring you alive

is too small for you."

(Sweet Darkness, by David Whyte)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:59 am
Squinney
squinney wrote:
Okay, shewolfie. I'd start with contacting those that have shown an interest in your work first. And, I'll be the first to buy a collage like the one Butterfly posted on the ABQ thread. Just the print, no frame since it would be harder to ship. Let me know what you would want for it.

I think we first have to learn from Craven if it is OK for shewolf to sell her photos to A2K members via the A2K forum. I would love to help Shewolf but it must not be a violation of the TOS. If it is not possible, we can all help to find a way to achive Shewolf's goals.

If Shewolf had been able to come to my house during the gathering and taken photos of Dolly and Madison, she would have an order from me for several photos I've wanted so much.

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:02 pm
Okay, that wasn't an offer then.

It was a secret code. Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:38 pm
I was showing my daughter your pictures and she said this should be a Columbia Sportswear ad.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3091/2510397118_6df134e3f1_b.jpg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:39 pm
No doubt...great pic
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 07:54 pm
Yeah, I think that's the best photo of Roger I've seen.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:45 pm
Ditto--Rog has a great face and shewolf captured it so charmingly--yes, Rog, you are a charming man, so get over blushing or whatever you're doing right now.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 09:02 pm
Not to belabor the obvious here, but Shewolf you have the eye... You have the gift of being able to capture moments that most of us would miss, and make them poignant. It's like you capture the soul of the moment.

You are far too talented not to do this .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 09:02 pm
Eva, that is the best photo of Roger that Roger has ever seen, too. Which I told Wolfie by pm.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 09:12 pm
shewolfnm, Why don't you just post a whole thread that is a portfolio of your work?

All your work from the beginning. It would be a nice place for us to go and "ohh" and "ahhh".

That is something you can do right away for nothing. It is a start and it serves more of a purpose then you might think.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 09:19 pm
shewolfnm,

You can make photography work for you.

I'll tell you right now..........believe it or no:

never-give-up-ness

and

never-accept-no-ness

will get you where you wanna go!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 10:58 pm
go for it, mate!

Best photos I've seen in donkey's years. Including Roger

Laughing Cool
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 12:03 am
Playing devils advocate:

Shewolf there are hundreds of "good" photographers out there. Many of them are in the catagory of "great photographers"

I want to know what differentiates you from the rest. What is your competetive edge. Why should a client prefer to deal with you?

This thing that differentiates you may be a big thing or it may be a small thing

Once you know and understand what it is that make you different you need access to a medium to tell people.

Lets not bullshit here. What will pay the bills till the big break comes.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 12:51 am
Shewolf, It's time to share your Kid Photography website with the world.

I don't have your permission to do so, or I'd post the link myself.

Go for it.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 12:57 am
farmerman wrote:
you are really a great photographer. Your vignettes are great . Is there a photographers market book? Ive used the artists market for cartoon gigs and they kept me in living money years ago.
When you have a first love for a career choice, you must obey it.
Its like going without a net but you will succeed. Your passion is evident in your shots. That shot of dys was better than anything MArgaret Bourke WHite ever did. Im serious.

Farmerman, what's even more unique about Shewolf's black and white digital camera work is that these photographs are the caliber of photographers who do their own film developing and enlargements in the darkroom so they can control the quality.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 01:32 am
dadpad wrote:
I want to know what differentiates you from the rest. What is your competetive edge. Why should a client prefer to deal with you?
The trick is perseverance.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 02:57 am
Shewolf,

There's a message for you on that mirror and in the self-portrait within.

http://butrfly.net/Albums/MiscellaneousGoodies/images/reflections.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 06:35 am
dadpad wrote:
Playing devils advocate:

Shewolf there are hundreds of "good" photographers out there. Many of them are in the catagory of "great photographers"

This thing that differentiates you may be a big thing or it may be a small thing

Once you know and understand what it is that make you different you need access to a medium to tell people.

Lets not bullshit here. What will pay the bills till the big break comes.

I . dont. know.

As things stand right now, when someone asks about a session, an interest I get is in whether or not they will LIKE the photos.
And I simply say that if they do not, we have 2 options.
I WILL retake them, or I will give them their money back. Period.

I have had to retake 1/2 of one session so far because - i personally- did not like it. And I lied about the photos.. telling them that they did not save properly on my hard drive or on my disk, and just blamed it on equipment.
I have not given a single dime back to anyone.

I never... ever.. have anyone pose. Umm... my sessions are quick...

uhh.. really.. beyond that? I have no clue.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 06:41 am
another thing I just thought of is that I can and do photograph people, and they dont know it.
even in a session.
People really seem to appreciate that.

Being on the other side of the camera is ... embarassing at best.. and I know how that feels.
So I wait.. then snap a few.. then wait..
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 11:31 am
That's roger? Wow. He's handsome. Great pic.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 04:32:29