Bill Gates.......how smart is this

TTH

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:39 pm
The guy is good. I love it!!!

"Microsoft To Launch Cash-Back Search Engine"

"Bill Gates is set to officially unveil Microsoft Live Search Cashback, a new search engine model that will reward users with cash back ranging from 2 percent to 30 percent or more, at a conference in Redmond, Wash. today.

This is obviously Microsoft's next big attempt to take down the behemoths of Google and Yahoo search engines, which are currently the top two dogs in the search engine kennel.

The model behind Live Search Cashback is fairly simple. You use Live Search to search for and purchase products from participating retailers and Microsoft will reward the buyer with cash back on the purchases. Sixty days after the purchase is made the funds can be withdrawn into a bank account or PayPal, as long as the total exceeds $5.

Some of the participating current retailers include Barnes & Noble, Sears, Home Depot, J&R Electronics, Office Depot and more.

The model for Live Search Cashback likely comes from Microsoft's recent acquisition of Jellyfish, a similar type of cash back shopping Web site. A message posted message also refers to Jellyfish users transitioning their cash back accounts to Live Search.

If you would have asked me six months ago about my opinion on this matter, I would say it's wasted efforts by Microsoft, but today when gas and milk prices are astronomical, people will look anywhere to save a buck or two and a model like Microsoft's Live Search Cashback just might work. "

source http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/006991.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,069 • Replies: 9
No top replies

TTH

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:41 pm
Microsoft will not be giving the cash back. The retailers will, based on the referral from Microsoft through the search engine.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:43 pm
you say tomayto and I say tomahto
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:44 pm
Hopefully, it will work better than the several factory rebate coupons I've sent in.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:47 pm
roger are you having a problem getting back rebate money? I uncovered a whole scam about that. It isn't the manufacturers. Lots of people were being scammed on this. I talked to Hewlett Packard about the whole problem.

farmerman
The common saying here is Bill Gates is a marketing genius and Steve Jobs is a computer genious.

Edit: Gates will give google & yahoo a run for their money Laughing Laughing Laughing

Edit again: ...and that is why the guy is worth Billions Very Happy
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:11 am
The great thing is, this isn't going to cost Bill Gates one penny Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 08:57 am
That's the beauty of America. You build a better mousetrap.............................

It is the people with good, innovative ideas who will do well in this world. IMO, Gates is a genius.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:34 am
TTH wrote:
The common saying here is Bill Gates is a marketing genius and Steve Jobs is a computer genious.
That is why I posted this Phoenix32890. It is a common and well known slogan in WA State.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:35 am
They told me you were dead and gone, TTH.

What's up?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:57 am
Gus
For once, shut up about death.
0 Replies