What do Petoskey Stones have to do with "Global Warming"

parados

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 01:03 pm
Mame wrote:
Change their perspective on what and think outside the box about what?

About who has rocks in their head.

:wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 01:33 pm
I would concur that those that buy into the "global warming" crap have rocks in their head.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 03:03 pm
Petoskey stones arent rounded by glaciers. Glaciers pulevrize and scour, they dont round. Petoskey stones were rounded by water.

Please be accurate in your discursives .
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 03:16 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I would concur that those that buy into the "global warming" crap have rocks in their head.

That doesn't really surprise me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 03:20 pm
I dont buy global warming by human hands. But I wish I didnt have to be counted with the idiots like Ceej
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 04:50 pm
Mame wrote:

He believes that stones which apparently have nothing to do with glaciers were dropped by glaciers that aren't there now and haven't been there for a REALLY long time are evidence of previous episodes of global warming which we know had nothing to do with human activity and because there were previous episodes of global warming he somehow believes this is proof that THIS episode of global warming has nothing to do with human activity.

Which is odd, because I don't think anybody except religious nuts are saying that the earth hasn't warmed and cooled lots of times before.

Clear?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 05:23 pm
Yup. What a maroon.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 06:13 am
Only morons spell it that way.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 06:14 am
dlowan wrote:
Mame wrote:

He believes that stones which apparently have nothing to do with glaciers were dropped by glaciers that aren't there now and haven't been there for a REALLY long time are evidence of previous episodes of global warming which we know had nothing to do with human activity and because there were previous episodes of global warming he somehow believes this is proof that THIS episode of global warming has nothing to do with human activity.

Which is odd, because I don't think anybody except religious nuts are saying that the earth hasn't warmed and cooled lots of times before.

Clear?

So, if nature clearly cycles, then what other than a left wing political agenda intent on "progressive change" is "Global Warming"?

I can tell you: Nothing.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 06:20 am
farmerman wrote:
Petoskey stones arent rounded by glaciers. Glaciers pulevrize and scour, they dont round. Petoskey stones were rounded by water.

And you're sure of this how?

Have you ever used a rock polisher?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 06:42 am
cjhsa wrote:
farmerman wrote:

And you're sure of this how?

Have you ever used a rock polisher?

Ever used a rock polisher that uses waves in a large lake to polish the stone?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 07:39 am
cjhsa wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Mame wrote:

Clear?

So, if nature clearly cycles, then what other than a left wing political agenda intent on "progressive change" is "Global Warming"?

I can tell you: Nothing.

That weather cycles in a state of nature says nothing either for, or against, the theory that the current spate of global warming is due to human activity.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 07:42 am
That volcano in Chile has dumped more crud into the atmosphere in a week than people will do in decade.

The left wants to control people with rules that limit their freedoms. They will find any excuse to get those rules in place so they can disarm and disable free men and women. Global warming is just such an excuse.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 08:13 am
cjhsa wrote:
That volcano in Chile has dumped more crud into the atmosphere in a week than people will do in decade.

The left wants to control people with rules that limit their freedoms. They will find any excuse to get those rules in place so they can disarm and disable free men and women. Global warming is just such an excuse.

Aha...the clinical picture reaches a new level....now his putative conspiracy includes global warming as a plot against gun-ownership.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 08:18 am
Global warming is a plot against the status quo. All you have to do is look who is on the bandwagon to figure that out.

The counterculture can KMA.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 09:26 am
time to refill our little stash of lithium acid carbonate ceej. Your dreams appear troubled and irrational.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 09:31 am
Whatever douche---.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:07 am
cjhsa wrote:

Really? Which crud?

CO2? Nope. No volcano can do that.

Quote:

Comparison of CO2 emissions from volcanoes vs. human activities.
Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1999, 1991). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts. Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 27 billion tonnes per year (30 billion tons) [ ( Marland, et al., 2006) - The reference gives the amount of released carbon (C), rather than CO2, through 2003.]. Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of more than 8,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 3.3 million tonnes/year)! (Gerlach et. al., 2002)

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/Hazards/What/VolGas/volgas.html
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:58 am
There's no evidence human activity has caused any "global warming". Prove otherwise. 30 years ago those same scientists were predicting another ice age.
0 Replies