Life and the Universe

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 05:32 am
Hey, so we were talking with some friends what life is and where we are in the universe. One of the said Maybe were dreaming and when we die we wake up from our sleep. that for some reason really stuck into my head. just wanna know what you guys think about life and what it actually is to you.

On the Universe thing just wondering where are we? i thought about this for a long time and eventually my mind went blank which was a pretty weird feeling. What do you guys think about the universe and were the universe is? if its a small spec in another enourmes solar system and so on...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,145 • Replies: 17
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 10:16 am
in actuality all that reality is a loose configurations of advanced numbers and shapes arrayed in a spectrum then randomized.

sidenote: life is just an extremely efficient algorithm that can replicate itself.
0 Replies

helmi15

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 03:05 pm
I think life is different for every living creature. The reality you see is just what your brain tells you. Any other race could have a different feeling for everything, even time. So what is real?

I don't know what I should think about the sense of life. We won't be able to find out, whether there is one ore not. The situation can be compared to the scientist and his rat he is experimenting with. The rat will never be able to comprehend the scientists actions.

It's the same with the universe, a higher intelligence, god... Call it whatever. We will never be able to understand its plan. But I think you can believe that there is a meaning of life and a life after death, doesn't matter if it is true or not. You just feel better. That is a good reason to believe.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 03:27 pm
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:20 am
OGIONIK wrote:
in actuality all that reality is a loose configurations of advanced numbers and shapes arrayed in a spectrum then randomized.

sidenote: life is just an extremely efficient algorithm that can replicate itself.

Well then, my loosely configurated, arrayed in a spectrum then randomized friend, Razz
even if life is just "an extremely efficient algorithm that can replicate itself", does that take away the validity of the questions of identity?

Besides, it is such a sterile way of saying it... :wink:
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 09:51 pm
Re: Life and the Universe
LatinoSoldier wrote:

Hey, so we were talking with some friends what life is and where we are
in the universe. One of the said Maybe were dreaming and when we die
we wake up from our sleep. that for some reason really stuck into my head.
just wanna know what you guys think about life and what it actually is to you.

Yeah
I think that 's what it is.

www.IANDS.org

David
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:34 pm
As he ^^ put it life is viewed and interpretted differently for every species and living being and organism known to us. Life is simply what we can take in and make sense out of and understand out of what there is to offer out there. In recent studies scientists have actually found that einstine's theory of relativity and the relationship between time, mass, and energy have been disproved. Scientists have somehow found through studies of taking astronomic clocks and sent one westward past the earth in space and one eastward and found that one gained .527 seconds in time and the other lost .265 seconds in time. Meaning that one have moved forward in time and the other had actually slowed down and lost time. They performed the same test multiple times and found almost exact intervals in which the tests had exact opposite effects, and thus came to the conclusion that space as we know it the blackness and its contents end somewhere and that space as a whole is expanding and contracting at an almost exact rate. Like if you were to drop a water balloon and it expanded and contracted until all energy was lost and it lay still. Life is hard to grasp when you look at the big picture, its hard to understand and make sense out of everything. Maybe we are wrong about completely everything as we know it. But thats just the way we see and understand things, the way we can understand them. I believe we are a very miniscuole microscopic group of organisms on a much larger inconceivable bigger organism or what ever it may be. We dont know it and will never know it, Just as amoebas and mitochondria of plant and animal cells have no understanding or knowledge of our much bigger inconceivably larger selves to them. They dont know we exist, nor do we know of things in comparison to that, things that are inconceivably larger than us. We see what we see and understand by which our brains allow us to. That is all we will ever know because we are simply not capable of interpreting these such things, if so it will be much too late in time that man would gain the knowledge needed to figure out and understand these things because man will have killed itself with nuclear or chemical warfare because of our animalistic tendencies and nature. And that is to fight, disagree, and kill one another in an attempt to control more and be the best. It is our drive to fight and our competative nature that will eventually be the downfall and end of our existance.

i wanna hear other peoples ideas and thoughts on this topic. I believe this is the most interesting and fun topic that anyone can blog about. Whats more fascinating than life and space and everything??
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:35 pm
As he ^^ put it life is viewed and interpreted differently for every species and living being and organism known to us. Life is simply what we can take in and make sense out of and understand out of what there is to offer out there. In recent studies scientists have actually found that einstine's theory of relativity and the relationship between time, mass, and energy have been disproved. Scientists have somehow found through studies of taking astronomic clocks and sent one westward past the earth in space and one eastward and found that one gained .527 seconds in time and the other lost .265 seconds in time. Meaning that one have moved forward in time and the other had actually slowed down and lost time. They performed the same test multiple times and found almost exact intervals in which the tests had exact opposite effects, and thus came to the conclusion that space as we know it the blackness and its contents end somewhere and that space as a whole is expanding and contracting at an almost exact rate. Like if you were to drop a water balloon and it expanded and contracted until all energy was lost and it lay still. Life is hard to grasp when you look at the big picture, its hard to understand and make sense out of everything. Maybe we are wrong about completely everything as we know it. But thats just the way we see and understand things, the way we can understand them. I believe we are a very miniscule microscopic group of organisms on a much larger inconceivable bigger organism or what ever it may be. We don't know it and will never know it, Just as amoebas and mitochondria of plant and animal cells have no understanding or knowledge of our much bigger inconceivably larger selves to them. They don't know we exist, nor do we know of things in comparison to that, things that are inconceivably larger than us. We see what we see and understand by which our brains allow us to. That is all we will ever know because we are simply not capable of interpreting these such things, if so it will be much too late in time that man would gain the knowledge needed to figure out and understand these things because man will have killed itself with nuclear or chemical warfare because of our animalistic tendencies and nature. And that is to fight, disagree, and kill one another in an attempt to control more and be the best. It is our drive to fight and our competitive nature that will eventually be the downfall and end of our existence.

i wanna hear other peoples ideas and thoughts on this topic. I believe this is the most interesting and fun topic that anyone can blog about. Whats more fascinating than life and space and everything??
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 03:17 am
Its a fascinating subject that gets us absolutely nowhere. Unless you are at the cutting edge of cosmology or high energy physics, and I dont think there is anyone here, you would do better to concentrate on life as it is. If "god" wanted us to understand the ultimate nature of reality, he wouldn't have made it so bloody difficult. Meanwhile better to help someone out of the rubble in China.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 04:54 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Its a fascinating subject that gets us absolutely nowhere. Unless you are at the cutting edge of cosmology or high energy physics, and I dont think there is anyone here, you would do better to concentrate on life as it is. If "god" wanted us to understand the ultimate nature of reality, he wouldn't have made it so bloody difficult.

Meanwhile better to help someone out of the rubble in China.

R u gonna do that, Steve ?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 02:00 pm
lol i was just jokin about that post obviously but yeah.

life is very strange isnt it?

I was watching signs ( i love m night!) anyways, its funny how many coincedences i ahve been thru and, i acnt explain them.

the most impossibly impossible of the most impossiblest chains of events.

really insane. i dont know if im going crazy or if miracles can happen.

and signs, the guy that all girls like or whatever i forget his name, when he remembers his wife saying "swing away" and then its liek theres no such thing as coincidences.

hit a good note that there.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 02:04 pm
i cant type at ALL oh my god im going to typing classes for serious for real for real.

horrible.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 10:52 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
lol i was just jokin about that post obviously but yeah.

life is very strange isnt it?

I was watching signs ( i love m night!) anyways, its funny how many coincedences i ahve been thru and, i acnt explain them.

the most impossibly impossible of the most impossiblest chains of events.

really insane. i dont know if im going crazy or if miracles can happen.

and signs, the guy that all girls like or whatever i forget his name, when he remembers his wife saying "swing away" and then its liek theres no such thing as coincidences.

hit a good note that there.

Most respectfully,
may I inquire as to how u selected your SCREENAME ?
( mine was the first one that Yahoo was willing to accept )
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 10:59 pm
Life is like a dream; we are all dreaming (that's a big subject by itself). A few individuals are "aware" that they--that we all--are dreaming. One such person is referred to as the awakened one, or the Buddha. There are others.
Do you think that being aware that one is dreaming amounts to being awake?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:16 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Life is like a dream; we are all dreaming (that's a big subject by itself). A few individuals are "aware" that they--that we all--are dreaming. One such person is referred to as the awakened one, or the Buddha. There are others.
Do you think that being aware that one is dreaming amounts to being awake?

That is a question of HOW we choose to define our semantics.

HOW did YOU find out ????????????

Feel free to PM me, if u like.

David
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 01:26 pm
Right. We define our reality on the basis of intuitions, insights, perspectives, psychologocial dispositions, etc.. Hence your question of "how found out" is irrelevant. I'm expressing insight (whether valid or not), not facts. The former are private-subjective, the latter public-objective (intersubjective or shared subjectivity)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 09:08 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Quote:
Right. We define our reality
on the basis of intuitions, insights, perspectives, psychologocial dispositions, etc..
Hence your question of "how found out" is irrelevant.

To WHAT is it irrelevant ??

Quote:
I'm expressing insight (whether valid or not), not facts.

U mean that what u r telling me is contrary to the FACTS ?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:27 pm
Sorry, I can't make much sense of what you are posting. You probably feel the same about my posts.
0 Replies