A2k Time Machine...or, Are You a Springbok?

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 12:40 am
I do a lot more reading than posting. I guess that makes me a kind of stalker, which would make me a kind of predator, except that I almost never pounce.

I can be seen in some places on a very regular basis (favorite watering hole?) and other places not at all.

Dunno what animal fits this description. Maybe none. One thing is for sure. I'm nocturnal.

Love this idea, deb. Just can't figure out where I fit in.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 02:04 am
Roberta wrote:
I do a lot more reading than posting. I guess that makes me a kind of stalker, which would make me a kind of predator, except that I almost never pounce.

I can be seen in some places on a very regular basis (favorite watering hole?) and other places not at all.

Dunno what animal fits this description. Maybe none. One thing is for sure. I'm nocturnal.

Hmmmmmmmm.....sort of a chook that seldom lays an egg?

But that is just wrong for you.

Perhaps an owl I recall as being known as a "ghost owl", though I cannot find it on google.

I saw them in a nocturnal display in the Northern Territory.......and they were, indeed, like ghosts...almost invisible in flight, and silent.

Beautiful.

This looks a bit like one:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/img/owl2.jpg
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 03:05 am
Platypus.

or maybe not. platypi dont have much of sense of humour.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 04:54 am
dadpad wrote:
Platypus.

So...how does a platypus post?????
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 05:05 am
Yep - definitely a Blue Footed Booby Smile
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/250px-Booby.jpg
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 05:13 am
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Platypus.

Just quietly getting about his business. poking his bill in here threre everywhere looking for the tiny electrical inmpulses that mean food (posts to respond to. However be aware that Platypi also have poisonous spurs which on occasion can be used for defense if roused.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 05:28 am
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm.....sort of a chook that seldom lays an egg?

But that is just wrong for you.

Perhaps an owl I recall as being known as a "ghost owl", though I cannot find it on google.

I saw them in a nocturnal display in the Northern Territory.......and they were, indeed, like ghosts...almost invisible in flight, and silent.

Beautiful.

This looks a bit like one:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/img/owl2.jpg

Deb querida, A few minutes after I turned off the computer and did some usual nocturnal stuff, I thought of an owl. Like the one you found. Glad to see we're on the same wavelength. Thanks, kid.

And you? What animal are you--bunny nothwithstanding.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 05:30 am
dadpad wrote:
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Platypus.

Just quietly getting about his business. poking his bill in here threre everywhere looking for the tiny electrical inmpulses that mean food (posts to respond to. However be aware that Platypi also have poisonous spurs which on occasion can be used for defense if roused.

So...where's the rouse button?

Seems to be a fair bit of poison around A2k right now....never know when I might wanna borrow a little spur fluid....
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 05:53 am
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Platypus.

Seems to be a fair bit of poison around A2k right now....never know when I might wanna borrow a little spur fluid....

Yup.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:45 pm
dadpad wrote:
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Platypus.

Yup.

So? Where's the rouse button? Give already!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 08:48 pm
I'm a chimera.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 08:53 pm
littlek wrote:
I'm a chimera.

Why?

And.......does your bum look big in that?

http://www.lindawellsart.com/watercolors%20page/images/chimera.jpg

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:10 pm
Well, because as I was reading, I kept thinking "Yep I'm that!" To several animals and for various reasons. Sometimes I just read, sometimes I flit, sometimes I hit and run, sometimes I research.......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:11 pm
Sounds right to me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:15 pm
so maybe your lovely image is a little grandiose for my kind of mix, I'm more of a cricket-sloth-springbock.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:33 pm
littlek wrote:
so maybe your lovely image is a little grandiose for my kind of mix, I'm more of a cricket-sloth-springbock.

You're REALLY pushing google image here, you know!

This is the best I could do!!!

http://www.roguetaxidermy.com/Archived_Site/images/chimera.jpg

http://mimikirchner.com/blog/images/4:30:chimera_01.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_x4_N2JYJj3c/RfIiIcUbVPI/AAAAAAAAAFU/4Oan1XQlDUs/s400/Plushie+Chimera.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:35 pm
That first one might give me nightmares!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:36 pm
littlek wrote:
That first one might give me nightmares!

The Pusskey?

You're getting too flighty and fanciful, my dear.

You need a good farnarkle!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:44 pm
I do! I do need a good farnarkle!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:52 pm
I'm a Sringbok for sure, but not always. I like a variety.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:34:36