A2k Time Machine...or, Are You a Springbok?

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:24 am
I have a browser which allows me to open where I left off last time.

Sometimes I leave the "Who Is Online" window open, and I look into the past.....which (visible) A2kers were doing what when I last was here. (Sometimes I can figure out who is hiding, too...but I digress.)

What is striking is how often the window looks pretty similar when I refresh it.....perhaps a day or two later.

I used to have a Siamese who, when stoned at night, would pace round and round the garden, putting a paw on, and thus extinguishing, crickets. Of course, by the time she had put out the last cricket, the first one would be stridulating again, and she would continue her happy, dreamy circuit...round and round and round.....putting out crickets.

We have cricket extinguishers here. I watch them, posting to thread after thread in politics, relentlessly extinguishing every damned librul, posting in contradiction on every thread.

Of course, by the time they have finished, there is some damned librul cricket stridulating on the thread again, and they must begin their task anew......round and round and round....extinguishing crickets....

Doubtless we have our more left wing cricket extinguishers, too....

Then, there are the stately, thoughtful, ungulants.

These can be seen lingering long in one forum or another....thoughtfully chewing the cud on threads...considering, reflecting, and finally posting in their thoughtful, reasoned manner.

Then the Springboks.....leaping manically from thread to thread, forum to forum, posting fast and furiously...these can spring up almost anywhere, and be gone in an instant....

We also have the chooks....(hens etc)....these tend to scratch around happily in places like word games , (or General) clucking contentedly, and laying their eggs neatly in the same places every day.

Our ants scurry far afield in search of beautifully researched and presented facts and arguments...if we are really lucky, they are a sort of spider ant, and they leave a wonderful trail of diagrams and graphs and Venn diagrams in their wake to the amazement of our grasshoppers, who love to have an opinion, but seldom want to work hard enough to weave such a magical edifice of reason and obsession.

What other animals do we have here?

What animal are YOU??????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,887 • Replies: 77
No top replies

mismi

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:30 am
I would love to be an ungulant...

but I am afraid I am a hen. I am content with that. Though through reading and learning may one day be a morph of a hen and an ungulant...a hengulant maybe.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:34 am
I'm probably a mole.

I sneak along feasting on the roots of wisdom I don't really deserve access to which only makes them more delicious.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:34 am
mismi wrote:
I would love to be an ungulant...

but I am afraid I am a hen. I am content with that. Though through reading and learning may one day be a morph of a hen and an ungulant...a hengulant maybe.

Or a chookulant?

Hmmm...cud at one end, egg the other!

I like most of our chookulants very much.

I aspire to ungulance, but I am more a springhopper.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:36 am
boomerang wrote:
I'm probably a mole.

I sneak along feasting on the roots of wisdom I don't really deserve access to which only makes them more delicious.

Hmmmmmm....I see you more as a meerkat.....ok, you spend some time down there, but oh my!!! Up you pops, sitting up in that meerkat stance, swivelling that little head around 360 degrees, and up to the sky...endlessly curious, but always mindful of your burrow and pup.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:38 am
gecko here.
0 Replies

fishin

I can't even begin to fathom... but these are interesting comparisons anyway so I'll follow along. Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

I am the Walrus.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:41 am
dyslexia wrote:
gecko here.

Why?

(I love geckos, btw.)

fishin wrote:
I can't even begin to fathom... but these are interesting comparisons anyway so I'll follow along. Wink

I think you're a possible Macavity: The Mystery Cat.

Setanta wrote:
I am the Walrus.

Wrong.

The Walrus was Paul.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:44 am
I told you 'bout the Fool on the Hill
I tell ya man he's livin' there still
And here's another clue for you all
The Walrus was Paul . . .

Ever see a walrus moving about on land? That's me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:47 am
Setanta wrote:
I told you 'bout the Fool on the Hill
I tell ya man he's livin' there still
And here's another clue for you all
The Walrus was Paul . . .

Ever see a walrus moving about on land? That's me.

No. "That's I."

(Heehee...NOW we get to see what you are........is there some sort of animal which explodes from time to time? I think there is in Harry Potter Land.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:47 am
dlowan wrote:
boomerang wrote:
I'm probably a mole.

Hmmmmmm....I see you more as a meerkat.....ok, you spend some time down there, but oh my!!! Up you pops, sitting up in that meerkat stance, swivelling that little head around 360 degrees, and up to the sky...endlessly curious, but always mindful of your burrow and pup.

Awwww.... thanks! A meerkat is a much lovlier creature than a mole!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:49 am
boomerang wrote:
dlowan wrote:
boomerang wrote:
I'm probably a mole.

Awwww.... thanks! A meerkat is a much lovlier creature than a mole!

Possibly.......

Except to another mole....

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_9_21_2005_18_36_04/mole12.JPG9b14d2a7-06d7-46e1-ae28-2cbf8f659193Large.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:59 am
I'm Mr. Toad.

Semper Absurda.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:27 am
Can I be the penguin?

http://www.chrismadden.co.uk/yah/penguins-anthropomorphize.gif
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:40 am
I'd like to be a badger. Peace loving, but tenacious.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:45 am
Am I an ant? Nimh seems clearly antish, I'm not sure if I am or not.

Badger, that sounds good. Fits Noddy.

I dunno what I am!

I also change, according to time available (and interest!).

If I'm very busy and have 20 minutes to spare I zoom around quite springbokily.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:47 am
I don't know what I am either.
I like this though - give yet another pic to a person other than the avi and sig.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:07 am
I'm a moorhen. When I am in the water, I am a swan. When on land I'm a mean old hen who protects her babies.

http://www.natureconservationimaging.com/images/Moorhen-1.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:14 am
BBB
I don't know what I am but some people think I'm this:

http://alwiseman.com/uploaded_images/LadyTennisShoes03-773073.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2k Time Machine...or, Are You a Springbok?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 07:34:37