Spiritual Aspect of Travelling.

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:29 am
Peace be upon you!

Travels teach lessons. For example, a great number of tourists visit Egypt to see the mummy of Pharaoh. Tourists with spiritual insight can think about the terrible end of a Pharoah who stood against a prophet of God

Travels of a believer are to seek and establish goodness, to thank, and to pray to God for blessings. Righteousness is the objective. For instance, when one goes for Hajj, one is asked to has righteousness alongwith physical necessities for travel.

The first condition to walk on the path of righteousness is sincere repentance, it keeps believer away from ills. The correction is achieved when one determines to fully avoid evils. Then high morals are accomplished. This leads one to worship of God, according to the Ahmadiyya promised reformer. And this state brings one to a third stage where one praises God under all circumstances....According to blessed holy prophet: prayers of three persons are always accepted ---- the victim, the traveler and a father's prayer for his children.

THANKS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 638 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Gala

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 05:30 am
I agree with you, in varying degrees. Although I would not say I travel for repentance so much as to wipe the slate clean of all the troubles and woes that build from daily life and clock watching.

Welcome to Able2Know.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 05:38 am
The obsession of religious fanaticism is boring, and not least because of the narrow focus of the true believer.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 06:17 am
Anthony Bordaine did a show on this last night. Exdcept that his travelling has to do with expanding ones appreciation of others through food.

I agree with set that anything that is done out of exclusivity for my religious sect is a waste of my time on this planet.
Id be on my HAjj with a camera and Id probably get beat up by the loving " true believers". Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 06:56 am
The great value of travel to the individual is the exposure to new people, places, cultures--new to that individual at least. This can have the effect of broadening the mind, and so can also foster empathy and tolerance.

But the religious fanatic believes that he or she already has "all the answers," or knows the proper source for "all the answers." It is unlikely that the obsessional religious fanatic is going to derive the common benefits of travel, given that she or he will approach each new experience with the intent of "shoe-horning" that experience into the world view upon which she or he has already determined.
0 Replies