What to do with (European) crumpling churches

Foofie

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 06:28 pm
Have any of the churches been turned into mosques? Moslems seem to be the most religious group in Europe today.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 06:45 pm
I've no idea, but many mosques are similar to churches and many churches similar to mosques. It's an architectural thicket I've not time to explore, interested as I am in other thickets.

You seem to have an interest in primacy, primarily, Foofie. Primacy is a fool's effort. as surely someone had intimations before, and others before that.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:03 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I've no idea, but many mosques are similar to churches and many churches similar to mosques. It's an architectural thicket I've not time to explore, interested as I am in other thickets.

You seem to have an interest in primacy, primarily, Foofie. Primacy is a fool's effort. as surely someone had intimations before, and others before that.

What do you mean, "interest in primacy"? Who's first in line at the supermarket?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:07 pm
Ah, but I forget. You don't want to know about anywhere else than where you are.

I so wish you'd just skip over that as some kind of Last Stand, and move along in observation with the rest of us.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 08:12 am
Webpage Title
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 08:20 am
osso wrote-

Quote:
Ah, but I forget. You don't want to know about anywhere else than where you are.

I so wish you'd just skip over that as some kind of Last Stand, and move along in observation with the rest of us.

Could you explain why he ought to do what you say. I like "here" too and I'm not going to change my mind, Foofie neither I should think, without a bit more than a partial, self-reassuring, world-wrecking assertion which the 6 billion unwashed might just take you up on seeing as how the bulk of them are not very well educated.

I've not even scratched the surface of the "here" yet. Why go start somewhere else every other month and end up knowing nothing about anywhere except how fantastic the sunsets are and how delicious the exotic food is. (Code for spice).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 08:38 am
Foofie wrote:
Have any of the churches been turned into mosques?

Yes. Some.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 04:29 pm
Thank you Walter for your answer.
0 Replies