Model in ad cock-up

vikorr

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 02:21 pm
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23513172-5012980,00.html

Quote:
Model Erin McNaught in ad cock-up

FORMER Miss Universe Australia Erin McNaught has been caught in a controversy, accusing winemakers Cockatoo Ridge of misleading her about their saucy ad campaign.

McNaught is the star of the wine company's provocative new billboards, which include some cheeky double entendre's - none more so than the one that reads "She Loves A Cockatoo".

The billboards are on display in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide and Cockatoo Ridge managing director Peter Perrin says Erin signed off on the campaign.

But the leggy Sydneysider disagreed, telling QConfidential yesterday that she didn't know the slogans would be so, er, suggestive.

"I wasn't thrilled with what that line was implying," Erin said.

She said the company emailed the slogans to her for approval, but it was while she was moving to Melbourne to be in Neighbours and she didn't see them in her inbox until later.

"When I saw the slogan, I tried to stop them using that one but they said it was too late and they were already being printed. It was pretty disappointing," she said.

Other Cockatoo Ridge billboards display McNaught with slogans "Who's a cheeky girl then" and "McNaughty but nice".

"I didn't have a problem with the other two because they are in good fun," she said.

"But that one was a bit rude."

The controversy has helped Cockatoo Ridge, with Perrin saying sales are up since the campaign began.

"And part of the campaign includes cardboard cut-outs of Erin in bottle shops," Perrin said. "It must be working because the cut-outs have actually been disappearing."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 711 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 02:53 pm
Ohmigod, what do you think they are doing to those cut-outs.???

Joe(a new meaning for flatterer)Nation
0 Replies