Women's/Men's Lounge

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:51 pm
kickycan wrote:
I don't know about separate fora for men and women, but I definitely think there is a need for a separate virtual sex forum. I'm sick of doing my bidness with the ladies in that dirty little A2K broom closet.

And we're tired of staggerin' out of that broom closet with knots on our head from it being shoved against the wall @ 90 miles an hour while you're fast humpin'.

I vote for the virtual sex forum. At least it'll be bigger and we can just put Kicky in the middle of the room and take turns havin' our way with him.
Yeah.....Good idea!

Virtual sex room, please!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 06:28 pm
dlowan wrote:
jespah wrote:
I voted for not thinking it's necessary, mainly because it would not be enforceable as Mods would have no way of verifying who was who. Er, who was what.

You mean you can't see us through the screen?

Not when you keep drawing the blinds.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 11:27 pm
jespah wrote:
dlowan wrote:
jespah wrote:
I voted for not thinking it's necessary, mainly because it would not be enforceable as Mods would have no way of verifying who was who. Er, who was what.

You mean you can't see us through the screen?

Not when you keep drawing the blinds.

I think that's just dust.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 11:31 pm
ossobuco wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
The only time I have seen gender segregation useful online is set asides for female survivors of male perp sexual abuse. In this case the trauma is sometimes such that the survivor can not be around males. Even this however rapidly becomes a negative, as the females who are further along in healing continually fall into the trap of treating newcomers as victims, thus slowing healing.

At A2K such a scheme would do nothing useful, and would get in the way of gender understanding and cooperation between the genders.

Your own apparent emphasis that people on dates or married are not victims - can never be? - shuts your argument off for me, Hawkeye. But I'm still not clear if that is precisely what you mean.

And yes, even us talking about this now can be a bath of pain for some readers. Which brings back my qualm, that some may need elemental solace in a kind of privacy. Abuse/rape is just one issue; I'm sure there are others.

I guess I still vote for fresh air, even though that has been taken as a program title.

There are doubtless many others, but I suspect this is simply not the forum for really dealing with intense trauma, but that there are other fora which are.

Not that people cannot benefit from discussion here.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 11:49 pm
dlowan wrote:

There are doubtless many others, but I suspect this is simply not the forum for really dealing with intense trauma, but that there are other fora which are.

A2K is a place for healthy, highly functioning, intelligent people Those who have special needs enter at their own risk. In this environment gender segregation would not be helpful in any way. I was pointing out one special case were such a program can be helpful, as an example, not looking to open the subject of abuse and surviving abuse.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 12:50 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
dlowan wrote:

A2K is a place for healthy, highly functioning, intelligent people Those who have special needs enter at their own risk. In this environment gender segregation would not be helpful in any way. I was pointing out one special case were such a program can be helpful, as an example, not looking to open the subject of abuse and surviving abuse.

Er...yep...what made you think I thought you were trying to open it?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 01:07 am
hawkeye10 wrote:

A2K is a place for healthy, highly functioning, intelligent people

Oh ****. We'll I'll be off then.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 06:46 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
A2K is a place for healthy, highly functioning, intelligent people Those who have special needs enter at their own risk.

When you begin making errors of assumption you end up running down the wrong tracks. There is nothing in the site description of any of the site documentation that makes any such statement. A2K is a place for everyone.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 06:47 am
Youse guys is all a bunch a low-rent bums ! ! !
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 07:25 am
Setanta wrote:
Youse guys is all a bunch a low-rent bums ! ! !

How dare you say I'm low-rent?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 07:27 am
Third-rate romance
Low-rent rendez-vous . . .
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 09:37 am
fishin wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
A2K is a place for healthy, highly functioning, intelligent people Those who have special needs enter at their own risk.

When you begin making errors of assumption you end up running down the wrong tracks. There is nothing in the site description of any of the site documentation that makes any such statement. A2K is a place for everyone.

That does not matter. This community has a culture as does any community. A2K = straight up, no BS+ sense of humour. What the site owners intend and document is another matter all together.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 09:45 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
This community has a culture as does any community. A2K = straight up, no BS+ sense of humour. What the site owners intend and document is another matter all together.

And the community you speak of decides what that culture is - not you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 09:53 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
Those who have special needs enter at their own risk.

I'd be interested in knowing who these people with "special needs" are, in what the "special needs" consist, and why anyone should assume the a pack of f*ckin' geniuses such as are we fail to accommodate these special olympics runners-up.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 11:23 am
JustBrooke wrote:
kickycan wrote:
I don't know about separate fora for men and women, but I definitely think there is a need for a separate virtual sex forum. I'm sick of doing my bidness with the ladies in that dirty little A2K broom closet.

And we're tired of staggerin' out of that broom closet with knots on our head from it being shoved against the wall @ 90 miles an hour while you're fast humpin'.

I vote for the virtual sex forum. At least it'll be bigger and we can just put Kicky in the middle of the room and take turns havin' our way with him.
Yeah.....Good idea!

Virtual sex room, please!

This is exactly why I love you. Now let's get it on. Meet you on the A2K roof in five minutes.

(A-HA! Nobody knows about my secret rooftop love den!)
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 12:26 pm
fishin wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
This community has a culture as does any community. A2K = straight up, no BS+ sense of humour. What the site owners intend and document is another matter all together.

And the community you speak of decides what that culture is - not you.

the vote is now 26/2, so the community has decided. Time to move on i think.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 01:13 pm
Kicky wrote:
Nobody knows about my secret rooftop love den.

I can't believe Kicky forgot the weekend we spent up there. He's probably invited hundreds of women up there by now. Anyway, I know where it is, Brooke. I'll show you how to get up there. There's a hidden staircase.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 01:16 pm
http://www.joannebartone.com/BLOGimages/RoofTopShoot01.jpg

WHOA! Kicky's not alone up here!

WHO'S THAT???????
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 02:51 pm
Quote:
the vote is now 26/2, so the community has decided. Time to move on i think.

Dude, there are over 82,000 members here. So far, only 28 have voted. I set the poll up to run for five days, and that's what I'm a gonna do!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 02:54 pm
Eva wrote:
[img]
WHOA! Kicky's not alone up here!

WHO'S THAT???????

He'll be happy a?

(Babbling Brook - did ya find the staircase yet.....)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:40:33