can anyone help me!

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:46 am
first of all i want to say that it's about christian becoz i begin to be christian for more two years since i'm 19 now i'm 23 ,first i don't know much about god i mean jesus but when i begin study bible and listen to the teacher say anything about god that's make me don't want to believe it , within more two years i go to the church almost every week, i pray to the god to help me and i thank you to god for helping me, many thing comes to me as the hard life since i'm teenager ,i got disease it's schizophrenia i think my future has end my life is nothing wonderful ;just beg god for heal me, but many thing in bible especially in old testament make me not to believe in god's word,i think it's the way out of pain but when i read deeply it's just all about god, i don't want to serve god and i don't want to declare the good news becoz I'm quiet, now i'm lazy to go to church though just my studying i almost don't have time to study ;if include holy bible to read i think it must waste the time; i just want to stop to go to the church, all of my friends they were not christian every week that i go i miss opportunity to meet them, and my family was not christian too it's just me that be christian i feel lonely and scare of church now, can u tell me may i quit or still believe in god i will be appreciate alot for ur helping!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,012 • Replies: 11
No top replies

neologist

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 08:46 am
Welcome to the forum, oudalone. You will find many answers here.

It is true that much of the OT seems harsh at first reading. But, remember that ". . . the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ. . ." (Galatians 3:24)

Keep studying and don't give up the search.

"Keep on asking, and it will be given YOU; keep on seeking, and YOU will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to YOU. " (Matthew 7:7)
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 08:55 am
From your post, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you "began to be a Christian"; does that mean just going to a Christian church and following Christian traditions? Or does it imply a more personal decision that you needed reconciliation with God, and that you chose to accept Jesus' teachings and His sacrifice as the means of reconciliation? The latter case is what I would consider a true adoption of Christianity, while the former is just "religion". You certainly don't need to attend church to believe in God; however, the church (if it is a good one) should be a source of encouragement to you and should provide answers to some of your confusion about the God of the Bible versus the God of your expectations. It should also provide opportunities to socialize with other Christians. It doesn't sound as if your current church is accomplishing any of this.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:01 am
You're being pompous and prejudicial, Lab Rat. I saw this thread, read the introductory post, and determined that there was no reason to respond. It is my experience that those here who are "anti-christian" are actually opposed to christian hypocrisy and christian impositions. I only jump on the crackpots, the liars and the bullies. There have, in fact, been several threads to which i responded in the past in which i advised people on how they might learn more about early christianity, who here could inform them about Judaism, where they could get information about the range of religious belief and adherence in the world--i once helped people to clarify their beliefs.

I have over the last few years, however, refrained from responding, even helpfully, to those who simply seek to clear up their own confusion about a set of beliefs precisely because of snide and belittling responses such as yours.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:15 am
Back into your shell, TeenBrosse. Post reported.
0 Replies

oudalone

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:27 am
hey sentata i think u are understand me wrong! i just don't believe some of words in the bible it doesn't mean that i anti-christian if i anti-christian like u say i may not go to the church for more than two years Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:35 am
oudalone wrote:
hey sentata i think u are understand me wrong! i just don't believe some of words in the bible it doesn't mean that i anti-christian if i anti-christian like u say i may not go to the church for more than two years Very Happy

No, Oudalone, i was not responding to your post, i was responding to the post that Lab Rat made.
0 Replies

oudalone

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:46 am
Setanta wrote:
oudalone wrote:

No, Oudalone, i was not responding to your post, i was responding to the post that Lab Rat made.

oh so sorry about that, my english is not good enough and thank you for helping me!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:53 am
It is obvious that you are not a native speaker of English, but what you say is understandable. Keep working at it, and you'll get better.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:34 pm
Well From what i could understand of your post Oudalone (especially the last part) Your saying that your Doubting Certain parts of The Church/bible and Are In a way Asking us if its okay to "quit" church Or Should you still beleive and go to church....

Well thats Not Really up for us to decide my friend and only for you....Especially with religion Do what you feel is right and dont be pressured by others.

Your the one saying church is making you Lonely and scared and that you dont beleive parts of the bible....Perhaps its time to look into Other forms of religion.

I wont Say become an athiest as you still obviously Value Religion to some extent but maybe you just havnt found the right one....best of luck to you and Keep working on that english! your doing great.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 08:10 am
My apologies, Setanta--as you probably noted, I edited my post (upon re-reading it) immediately after submitting it. I realized my original starting paragraph sounded unduly cynical and was entirely uncalled for at this point, so I deleted it--but evidently not before you saw the uncorrected post.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 08:17 am
No problem, Boss.

The religion wars here actually started between some rather snotty agnostics and the atheists. But we have had spates of seriously goofy or dishonest christians and muslims, and most people here who come down hard on the religionists were conditioned by the early, nasty days of religion threads. One particular member here lied about her motives, lied about her actions and then lied in an attempt to elicit sympathy. I attacked her unrelenting for quite a while, because she has attempted to sucker me with her lies. So far too many "white knights" showed up to defend her, and it got really nasty for a while.

Most of the people critical of religion here now post rather mildly, and most often in threads in which the religious loons show up to make outrageous claims about science of politics--evolution and the christian "foundations" of the United States being the most likely areas of controversy.

I've always attempted to stay out of doctrinal discussions, and when someone shows up asking for religious advice, i just read along or ignore it.

Please forgive me if i sounded too harsh in my response.
0 Replies