• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,109 • Replies: 38
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 11:25 am
Oh my.

Did that guy really say that Jesus is the designer and creator of everything ever made?

Jesus?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 11:37 am
boomerang
boomerang wrote:
Oh my.
Did that guy really say that Jesus is the designer and creator of everything ever made?
Jesus?

Interesting logic? How did Jesus create everyone and everything before he was born?

BBB
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 05:52 pm
Re: boomerang
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Interesting logic? How did Jesus create everyone and everything before he was born?

BBB

Playing the Devils Advocate here--but Jesus isn't a man, he's the human representation of the Big Kahuna and as such wasn't born as a human into existence, as he was "there" before his birth. Consequently, using that criteria it is quite reasonable for Jesus to be responsible for a Genesis style creation----Or so I've heard.

Now this is not my personal theology---but I can understand how this guy can rationalize this misgiving considering all of those he has already compounded.

The thing to consider is that this guy has the the same type or personality that called for that special Cruxifiction in Judea somewhen about 30AD. But then it has always been my contention that Jesus had it coming.

Rap
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:22 pm
That skeleton in the lobby is NOT a T Rex. Its an Allosaur. See the long arms? T rex had teeny "use em or lose em" evolved arms.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:25 pm
I'm speechless.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:29 pm
So am I.
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:32 pm
Without getting into the ontological implications, I am unaware of ANY christian sect that teaches that Jesus created the world. This would certainly be against catholic as well as orthodox teaching (God the father being the generative element). It was so antithetical to what I learned growing up that it stood out when I first heard the video.

It could point out that the guy should learn christian teachings before he attempts to use them in an attempt to denigrate scientific facts. Or that precision is not terribly important to his 'presentation'.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:40 pm
Like the paleontologist in the baxk room. He can sigh and shake his head but, being a country that allows one to beat ones head into a wall for religious revelation, theres nothing to be done except to watch and realize that a number of these kids will ultimately change their present world views as they get more and more science under their belts.

Dont worry , be happy.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:45 pm
With four pints of John Smith's Extra Smooth under the belt it is impossible not to be happy.

Jesus invented your fluckin' dishwasher. And all the rest of it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:47 pm
Was that guy's name Rusty Car?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:49 pm
Hey, that's my name....
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:51 pm
The idea that BBB, boomer, rap, fm, TCR or my goodself had anything to do with it is so laughable I have to stop myself thinking about it so as to keep my knickers dry.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:51 pm
littlek wrote:
Was that guy's name Rusty Car?

Listen at about 50 seconds in to the video - Billy Jack and Rusty Car. Can't be their real names, can they?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 06:56 pm
Billy Jacks

(Esquilo neurotico)
http://www.stuffedsquares.com/images/dolls/billy.jpg

and the one I was thinking of....

http://www.jabootu.com/images/tbjbjpic.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:01 pm
If Jesus really loved us he would have created a cherry tree that the aborist didn't want to charge me $600 to prune.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:06 pm
boomerang wrote:
If Jesus really loved us he would have created a cherry tree that the aborist didn't want to charge me $600 to prune.

Wish I could help boomer. Pruning is what I do.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:07 pm
(every Satuday night if yer dirty or not, in an old washtub, no doubt...)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:10 pm
Re: How to ruin a day at the museum
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
How to ruin a day at the museum video

http://www.glumbert.com/media/ruinmuseum

One more reason, why I am so against home schooling. They are ruining
perfect little minds with such utter rubbish. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:12 pm
dadpad wrote:
boomerang wrote:

Wish I could help boomer. Pruning is what I do.
'

I could probably buy you and mumpad tickets to Oregon and rent you tools for the price he wants to clean up our backyard. And that is just the trees. Mo and I have filled 14 30 gallon lawn sacks with ivy and woody residue from plants killed by the ivy over the last two days.

Damn you Jesus and your stupid nature!
0 Replies