Hello ...

Tyrius

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 11:19 am
Wow adults are wierd
I dont know what makes it black i dont think its molasses. The bottle says Dark Honey so.

Let the brothers and sisters unite.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 12:55 pm
They're white liberals.
That should explain it. :wink:

Glad to hear you're better, soz.

osso, so with the neice practicing--have you picked up on what the heck some of it means? I hear it on the radio, and can't understand a word of it. I ask my daughter, and then I wonder--would I know if she was kidding me? I thought I liked eminem, until I figured out what he was saying. {figured out=looked up lyrics.}
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:09 pm
Now Sofia.........I'm a black liberal, but it has nothing to do with the color of my skin......

Funny, when I lived in NYC in social work school, in the early 60s, I heard a lot from my classmates about "crazy white liberals" and it was NOT a compliment.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:10 pm
I think black honey is really old, and comes from the back of the hive, especially those of wild bees. The little security freaks are always overproducing. I had no idea it was available commercially.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:17 pm
White liberals---not generally considered a compliment. Its sort of like a Limosine Liberal. It implies fakery. (Kidding with you guys and Tyrius.) :wink:

My reference was only meant to explain to Tyrius why he reached his "Wow, adults are weird" comment.

It was the white liberals, trying to 'represent'.
Tee hee.

Foshizzle my nizzle!
<holding up black power sign--self-consciously checking to see if my thumb is in proper position...um...>
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:25 pm
OMGOSH
Im ignorant. What am i?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:28 pm
nimh, I've always wanted to clarify something with you. Whenever I see those four letters arranged in this way (nimh) I think of the National Institute of Mental Health (paid for my social work education, through stipend and scholarship) Tell me, is this the meaning behind your moniker?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:32 pm
Tyrius wrote:
Wow adults are wierd

LOL!
That made me smile.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:33 pm
I thought it was the Secret of N.I.M.H.
Bunnies?

Tyrius. I'm sorry. Finished with teasing. Back to serious stuff. Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 01:52 pm
yeah, and we all know what they did with those wabbits (as opposed to Bunnies, important distinction to be made there) too. And rats, etc...

Still, they paid for my graduate education in Social work. Community Organization........and I never organized a community.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 02:08 pm
Lola wrote:
nimh, I've always wanted to clarify something with you. Whenever I see those four letters arranged in this way (nimh) I think of the National Institute of Mental Health (paid for my social work education, through stipend and scholarship) Tell me, is this the meaning behind your moniker?

No. Long story. I was on Abuzz, like you. You were Ethel, right? You may remember me from some of the earlier Cafe 101 threads. I did some good guy/bad guy play with my two Abuzz IDs there. I was "dubbed out", later "dubbed in(sky)", first, and later added a second id, that stuck: "no-itsme". I added habibi later - "no-itsme, habibi" (you decide whether that makes you or me the habibi Wink. Thats why someone like Letty still calls me habibi sometimes. "No-itsme, habibi" abbreviates into "nimh", which I took up when I (finally) came to A2K. There was some hilarious story about what the name "nimh" reminded TerryDoo of, but I dont remember it anymore.

Interesting, huh? (not ;-).

I dont work in mental health, I work on diversity. So that explains some of the other stuff again <grins>.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 02:15 pm
Well, I'll be! It's No-it's me! It's you! I didn't know, no. Yes, I was Ethel, very bad name choice......so I took the opportunity to give myself a more fitting moniker when I arrived on the a2k scene. Diversity, I'm into that too........definitely necessary for mental health, or mine at least.

And I always thought dubbedinsky was you, but was never sure. You never fessed up.......mystery solved, that feels good. I can see that it fits, though, No-It'sMe and NIMH, you are very much alike. Laughing Now if I can get it into my head that you are one and the same. Good to see you.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 02:42 pm
Lola wrote:
Well, I'll be! It's No-it's me! It's you! Good to see you.

<smiles back>

good to (still) see you, too! Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 05:39 pm
Ya' know that old trees just grow stronger,
And old rivers grow wilder ev'ry day.
Old people just grow lonesome
Waiting for someone to say, "Hello in there, hello."
So if you're walking down the street sometime
And spot some hollow ancient eyes,
Please don't just pass 'em by and stare
As if you didn't care, say, "Hello in there, hello."
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 06:06 pm
Till I collapse I'm spilling these raps long as you feel em
Till the day that I drop you'll never say that I'm not killing them
Cause when I am not then I am stop pinning them
And I am not hip-hop and I'm just not Eminem.
Subliminal thoughts when I'm stop sending them women are caught in webs spin and hauk venom
Adrenaline shots of penicillin could not get the illing to stop. Amoxacilin is just not real
enough.
The criminal cop killing hip-hop filling minimal swap to cop millions of Pac listeners.
Your coming with me, feel it or not you're gonna fear it like I showed you the spirit of god
lives in us.
You hear it a lot, lyrics the shock is it a miracle or am I just a product of pop fizzing up.
For shizzle my whizzle this is the plot listen up you pizzles forgot slizzle does not give a
f--k.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:03 pm
hello.........heeeeellllo. Anybody home? How are things?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:14 pm
<nods>

Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 01:10 am
5pm, Friday....finished work! The weekend's here!

Yayyyy! Laughing Razz
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 03:26 am
could be better. could be a whole lot better.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 04:03 am
wholes in my confidence, I got wholes in the knees of jeans.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hello ...
  3. » Page 10
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 09:14:21