Hello ...

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 07:11 pm
Yes. I said woof to the doggies <nods>.

I just read in the paper that in The Hague (my hometown), they cleared out De Blauwe Aanslag, one of the oldest squats in Holland ... that made me sad. I remember being there once, when I was in high school - it was a cool place.

'Cording to the paper, it had a restaurant, a cinema, a Turkish library and ateliers for artists, and it provided shelter for homeless asylum-seekers. It'd been there since 1980!

Hell, I understand, rising ground prices and everything, but do they have to keep taking down good things? Cant they just leave some things alone, some of the time, if they dont hurt noone? Jus' leave things be ...

(I'm the true conservative here, I dont want people to **** with **** if shits perfectly harmless. Just let it be! You can be pretty sure that whatever did a lot of people a lot of good for over 20 years will be better than whatever new flight o' fancy you can come up with ... damn. <shakes head>).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 08:05 pm
(There's nimh! Was gettin' worried.)

Doggies sound way cute.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 11:26 pm
Sick those doggies after the intruder, nimh! Why can't they leave well enough alone? There's always someone wantin to screw things up. Arf Arf, nice doggie.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 06:04 pm
sozobe wrote:
(There's nimh! Was gettin' worried.)

Yes. I was gone for a few days, from here that is <nods>.

sozobe wrote:
Doggies sound way cute.

I just - saw 'em. <nods>.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:54 am
they were waiting for you to notice them. good doggies.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 04:41 pm
I mean, what a bummer. How bizarre can you get? I go out of my door, in the morning - well, yesterday, that is - and its just a 15-min walk to my work, right? First, I turn the corner around here, and there's this poster, asking: "Your neighbour is lonely. Not your concern?". I blink, turn into the alley, down the street, cross the road, to the right into the next alley, there's a handwritten paper pasted on top of the concert announcements. "No text, no message. I do want to, but I can not." Frown, think - have to admit, nod. Turn the corner, cross the square, remember I gotta buy some croissants first, so down the canal I go, and into another alley. Graffiti. "Why did you do this? I feel so ******* bad .."

OK, Lookit! What is going ON here?! ...

At least on the way back I stopped by in the supermarket and two girls at the checkout - one white, one black - were loudly joking a the Moroccan kid about Ramadan (while proudly exchanging the bits they knew/heard about it). That was cute ...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:07 pm
Hello....hello.....[size=7]hello[/size]

Is there anybody in there...?

Just nod if you can hear me....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 01:43 pm
Its gotten quite hard, Lash.

But thanks for looking in ... <smiles>

Did you hear about Cav?

(See here, prepare for a shock)

<sad>
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2021 05:23 pm
This was wonderful fun and ended horribly.
A favorite of almost 20 years.
NyQuil was obv a preferred drug.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hello ...
  3. » Page 12
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:50:15