Jesus saves? questions for the saved.

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 12:57 pm
Christians believe Jesus died for the sins of man.
I would like to ask the following questions please could christians give answers and state what denomination you are from so we know where you are coming from

1. If you do not accept Jesus do you go to hell??

2. Are other paths to G.d and salvations valid e.g Hinduism, Judaism, Islam?

3. Why do you make graven images when it is prohibited in old testament?

4. Why did G.d tell people he was not a man and then reincarnated himself as a man? Was that to confuse us all?

5. How do you explain the similarity between pre-Christian paganism and Christian belief and practice?

6. Do you find the Hindu belief that G.d reincarnated himself as Krishna, Rama etc absurd?

7. Why cant G.d forgive without all the crucifixion stuff, since 'with G.d all things are possible'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 940 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 01:38 pm
Remember...

Jesus saves, but Moses invests!
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 04:22 pm
Way to pwn the stupid christians mate.....Nicely done!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 08:09 pm
it's humor. This has been a bumper sticker for about 40 yrs.

BTW, what is it you're saiyng? pwn? whazzit?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 11:12 am
Re: Jesus saves? questions for the saved.
stevewonder wrote:
Christians believe Jesus died for the sins of man.
I would like to ask the following questions please could christians give answers and state what denomination you are from so we know where you are coming from

1. If you do not accept Jesus do you go to hell??
Yes, whatever hell may be. (Literal place, seperation from God, whatever)

2. Are other paths to G.d and salvations valid e.g Hinduism, Judaism, Islam? No

3. Why do you make graven images when it is prohibited in old testament? Who makes graven images? Do you even know what a graven image is? I don't think Christians worship graven images. But maybe an example of what you are referring to here would be helpful.

4. Why did G.d tell people he was not a man and then reincarnated himself as a man? He's God. Jesus is the physical incarnation of God.

Was that to confuse us all? No

5. How do you explain the similarity between pre-Christian paganism and Christian belief and practice? Why don't you explain what similarities you are referring to.

6. Do you find the Hindu belief that G.d reincarnated himself as Krishna, Rama etc absurd? Absurd, no. Wrong, yes.

7. Why cant G.d forgive without all the crucifixion stuff, since 'with G.d all things are possible' I really don't think you care or have the time to get into that theological discussion. So I won't either. Go to a local church and sit down and ask the pastor if you really want to know.

Based on the way you phrase your questions, you are only seeking a confrontation with whoever answers. In other words, you are not asking in order to gain knowledge, but rather to create a confrontation that would result in you walking away claiming to have bested whoever answers you and thus "proving" Christians are uneducated or some such thing. I've answered you anyway. Smile

I know the answers to a couple of questions will be unsatisfactory, but I am not in the habit of getting into long drawn out discussions about matters of faith. It is a waste of time here to do so.

As to what denomination I belong to, I really think that is not important. Denominations are man made groups that I doubt God will recognize once we meet Him. Instead, I will give you the only thing you need to know about my beliefs. Jesus Christ is God incarnate who willingly gave up His life as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, thus fulfilling the requirement given to man at the beginning of time that sin would result in death. Salvation is the result of a person accepting God's sacrificial gift and faithfully turning from sin and entering into a personal relationship with God.

Ok, now I'm done preaching. Sorry if I may have offended you by doing so.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 02:27 am
Well damn...Looks like IM the one who's pwned....

(Btw..Pwn is Underground "leet" Speek For the Word OWNED)
0 Replies

spacemanspiff1313

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 04:22 pm
If someone doesn't respond to coastal rat some time than he only proves his point Mad
0 Replies