Who caused the housing bubble?

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:26 pm
Who should pay?

I will first say that am not that savvy with economics. Prime lending and fixed interest are words that mean nothing to me. I know I get tele-marketing calls to mortgage a house I do not own and to refinance loans for money I have not even borrowed. Are these people calling me identity theft people?

I don't understand why people would flock anyway to buy houses that are known to be over valued?

This all seems stupid to me. What is the solution?

Here is one I have been throwing around in my head. The president should declare all the houses bought in a certain time period to now be half priced. The loans taken out were on over valued properties by contractors and banks and should never have been valued so high in the first place. What would this do to the markets?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,318 • Replies: 21
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:29 pm
Mr Red wrote:
I will first say that am not that savvy with economics.
you should have stopped there rather than going on to prove your ignorance.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:42 pm
I think the banks and all the scumbags that they find to work for them temp people with home loans and the American dream like satan tempted Adam and Eve with the apple,

"Oh, sure you can afford this, no catch. The loan is set up to help acheive the American dream."

And then in the end the bank gets the house back, and the family? Use your imagination.

This is capatalism. Exploiting the person under you any way you can, No rules, no morals, no love.

I have shared my house alot and when the people thank me I say, " there is no need to thank me, we are both in the same boat and abused by the same people, Mi casa es su Casa."

My house is a house for all people. I do unto others as I would have them do unto me. That is why I don't beleive in religion or capatalism. We are all chosen.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:47 pm
The american dream is debt beyond your wildest fantasies and ability to repay
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:54 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
I will first say that am not that savvy with economics.
you should have stopped there rather than going on to prove your ignorance.

Too bad you can't prove my ignorance, only your own insolence.

in·so·lence /ˈɪnsələns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-suh-luhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-noun
1. contemptuously rude or impertinent behavior or speech.
2. the quality or condition of being insolent.
3. jerkism

Comment: So you don't have to look it up Dys and trouble your feeble mind..
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:57 pm
Amigo wrote:
I think the banks and all the scumbags that they find to work for them temp people with home loans and the American dream like satan tempted Adam and Eve with the apple,

"Oh, sure you can afford this, no catch. The loan is set up to help acheive the American dream."

And then in the end the bank gets the house back, and the family? Use your imagination.

This is capatalism. Exploiting the person under you any way you can, No rules, no morals, no love.

I have shared my house alot and when the people thank me I say, " there is no need to thank me, we are both in the same boat and abused by the same people, Mi casa es su Casa."

My house is a house for all people. I do unto others as I would have them do unto me. That is why I don't beleive in religion or capatalism. We are all chosen.

Amigo you can refuse the loan, barter or just watch everyone else plummet to their deaths and then buy the homes when they are cheaper on auction. Leave God out of it. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:00 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Dream/nightmare?? Who wired this money pit of a house?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:02 pm
maybe I should have added a -> Rolling Eyes to the end of my post.

I dont think it a dream at all.

I was being .. sarcastic..

beyond your wildest dreams AND beyond your ability to pay is what i should have said..
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:08 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
maybe I should have added a -> Rolling Eyes to the end of my post.

I dont think it a dream at all.

I was being .. sarcastic..

beyond your wildest dreams AND beyond your ability to pay is what i should have said..

I see your point, the banks take advantage of naive people who dream more than their ability to repay. Are the real estate people also in bed with the banks and contractors? What of the state people who are supposed to appraise these homes? Why were the prices so inflated to begin with? Were there hidden kickbacks and perks?

In the age of Walmart, Home Depot and fast food why have homes tripled in price? How can the banks lose money that never existed to begin with? What of regulation? Who's writing themselves a fat check out of this? This all seem like compounded interest based on nothing but air and liquid assets funneled into private accounts. Where is the paper trail leading and who is responsible for the drop off?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:21 pm
RexRed wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Amigo you can refuse the loan, barter or just watch everyone else plummet to their deaths and then buy the homes when they are cheaper on auction. Leave God out of it. Smile
I don't leave god out when it is convenient, I am not a christian. God is everpresent and watching when we think we choose to leave him out. In fact that is when he notes that we fail the test of love. When we "choose" to "leave" him out.

But don't worry Rex, We will lose to the men of religion in the end and they will get what they seek by lies, temptation, greed, capatalism, religion.

And the rest of us will just have to have faith that helping eachother through this and not taking advatage of eachother will pay off after we are dead. We are the people. We are a very small group but we are world wide. We have no power but someday maybe you will join us if you see the light. And then you will be free.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:32 pm
Amigo wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Amigo wrote:

I don't leave god out when it is convenient, I am not a christian. God is everpresent and watching when we think we choose to leave him out. In fact that is when he notes that we fail the test of love. When we "choose" to "leave" him out.

But don't worry Rex, We will lose to the men of religion in the end and they will get what they seek by lies, temptation, greed, capatalism, religion.

And the rest of us will just have to have faith that helping eachother through this and not taking advatage of eachother will pay off after we are dead. We are the people. We are a very small group but we are world wide. We have no power but someday maybe you will join us if you see the light. And then you will be free.

Faith without truth is just another blind religion. Sounds like you are deluding yourself. Faith should not begin by lowering the importance of God.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:37 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I hear that. The American dream is that carrot they hang in front of the Beast of Burden to pull the carrot cart. The only guy living the American dream is the guy that owns the carrots, the cart and the whip.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:39 pm
People are too quick to prostitute themselves out to the wind and whims of chance. They want instant gratification over metered success with commitment and long term relationships with reason and true divinity.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:39 pm
Mr Red wrote:
The president should declare all the houses bought in a certain time period to now be half priced. The loans taken out were on over valued properties by contractors and banks and should never have been valued so high in the first place.
No interest whatsoever in the constitution Mr Red? It's my understanding that your proposed government action would have been common in the old USSR. Are you a communist Mr Red?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:40 pm
RexRed wrote:
Amigo wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Faith without truth is just another blind religion. Sounds like you are deluding yourself. Faith should not begin by lowering the importance of God.
Sorry Rex that won't do. Your tricking yourself. Good luck.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:41 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
The president should declare all the houses bought in a certain time period to now be half priced. The loans taken out were on over valued properties by contractors and banks and should never have been valued so high in the first place.
No interest whatsoever in the constitution Mr Red? It's my understanding that your proposed government action would have been common in the old USSR. Are you a communist Mr Red?
I am a realist.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:42 pm
Amigo wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Amigo wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Sorry Rex that won't do. Your tricking yourself. Good luck.
You shouldn't apologize for truth... Or is it truth?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:46 pm
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
I am a realist.
This may very well be a first on a2k, a communist explaining his beliefs as "I am a realist." The last time I heard such a statement it was from Machivialli.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 04:38 pm
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
I am a realist.
This may very well be a first on a2k, a communist explaining his beliefs as "I am a realist." The last time I heard such a statement it was from Machivialli.

This is truly a rare occasion but you have made a good point Dys. Don't let the pat on the back knock the wind out of you.

I still think there is such a thing as fair market value and if appraisers have overvalued properties due to loopholes or artificially inflated principles consumers should have some recourse to have the values adjusted to a reasonable level.

Somebody blew worthless air into this "bubble"...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:11 pm
AIR! I need AIR! Stand clear folks and let me breathe......
0 Replies