0
   

If Jesus kept his mouth shut......

 
 
Gilbey
 
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:00 pm
Would God have considered Jesus a sinner if he didn't say anything about God and the way we should live our lives?

Jesus supposedly did everything that he did of his own free will, but supposing that he chose not to say anything, what would God have done.

Adam and Eve committed the first sin's or something like that, then Jesus had to die for our sin's, but why did he haft to die, couldn't God have just given us the chance to repent without sending his son to death?

Humans sinned before Jesus came about, killing him was just one of the countless evil things that have happened, what was God hoping for when he sent his son to earth, and at such a time in history when if you did say something out of line, you would get stoned to death.

Why didn't God send Jesus a bit later when humanity wasn't so unforgiving, but of course then Jesus would not have been killed for what he said, he would have just been considered a loony.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,000 • Replies: 28
No top replies

 
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:21 pm
Maybe there isn't a "God", and Jesus never existed, and all that cross stuff is a myth?
0 Replies
 
Gilbey
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:31 pm
Good point!
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 12:35 pm
Jesus is one with the Father; therefore, He would not go against God's will. God's timing is always perfect-perhaps not to humans though.
0 Replies
 
Francis
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 12:55 pm
How can you believe such crap, Moan?

How can you possibly know what the timing of your god is?

Have you a direct line with him?

Isn't that an horrible display of self-importance?
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 06:52 pm
Francis wrote:
How can you believe such crap, Moan?

How can you possibly know what the timing of your god is?

Have you a direct line with him?

Isn't that an horrible display of self-importance?


First of all, I kindly request you do not refer to me as Moan. Thank you.

Anyone can have a line to God through His word, through prayer, etc.

Self-importance? I'm not important. God is.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 07:24 pm
Hubris.
0 Replies
 
mrhunt
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:09 am
Seeing Such blind Devotion and Well.....Whatnot Towards All of this is starting to Seriously piss me off...

Are people really THIS goddam stupid? if i could slap people through a computer screen i would and Just Scream "WAKE THE **** UP!"

Just beleive In Santa Instead...At least That dudes supposed to give you presents....Jesus isnt good for anything. (Yeah,I said it....Now imma Run away So all the loony Kooks Dont Flame me)
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:59 am
Re: If Jesus kept his mouth shut......
Gilbey wrote:
Adam and Eve committed the first sin's or something like that, then Jesus had to die for our sin's


Original sin.

I can't get past the fact that some people believe people can inherit someone else's "sin" Like it's part of our DNA.

The sheep don't seems to ever discuss how this can be so. They were never told to think about about it.

Oh, I'm sure there's some pat answer somewhere in the vaults that could be brought out in case of an emergency. Problem is, once that one approved answer is given, there's to be no more questioning.
0 Replies
 
rockpie
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 06:34 am
there are records that prove a man named Jesus lived around the time that the bible portrays and that he was crucified, but no evidence that it was because he claimed to be god, or that he perfromed any miracles, or that he wasn't just a town nut arrested for stealing some bread and fish.
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 07:02 am
rockpie - I'd like to recommend a book to you, actually, to everyone.

Quarentine by Jim Crace.

I'm a big fan of Crace anyway, and really enjoyed this novel. One thing I like about Crace, not paticular to this book but in general, is that he provides the bare bones on the story, and makes the reader work to figure out how they feel about it.

So, while I found the story respectfully done, and unique, I'm sure others will find something to be insulted by.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 07:11 am
rockpie wrote:
there are records that prove a man named Jesus lived around the time that the bible portrays and that he was crucified, but no evidence that it was because he claimed to be god, or that he perfromed any miracles, or that he wasn't just a town nut arrested for stealing some bread and fish.
could you post some information about those records that prove a man named jesus lived around the time that the bible portrays?
0 Replies
 
rockpie
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 07:12 am
no i couldn't, i just trust what my ancient history lecturer says.
0 Replies
 
Phoenix32890
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 07:18 am
rockpie wrote:
no i couldn't, i just trust what my ancient history lecturer says.


I think as you have more years under your belt, you will learn to think for yourself, and not simply take what some professor says as a "given".

Many professors have their own agenda, and use their positions to intimidate young students to go along with their own beliefs. It is the job of the student to sift through the trash, and search for the grains of truth.
0 Replies
 
rockpie
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 07:23 am
point taken. i shall ask him for evidence of this and post what he does or does not provide.
0 Replies
 
JPB
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 07:28 am
Re: If Jesus kept his mouth shut......
Chai wrote:
Gilbey wrote:
Adam and Eve committed the first sin's or something like that, then Jesus had to die for our sin's


Original sin.

I can't get past the fact that some people believe people can inherit someone else's "sin" Like it's part of our DNA.

The sheep don't seems to ever discuss how this can be so. They were never told to think about about it.

Oh, I'm sure there's some pat answer somewhere in the vaults that could be brought out in case of an emergency. Problem is, once that one approved answer is given, there's to be no more questioning.


They were actually encouraged NOT to think about it. That's why they were called flocks (blind adherence to dogma required).

Paul conceptualized the idea in his letter to the Romans -- I can't help myself, the devil made me do it. And, if I can't help myself no one can... better put my faith in a redemptive Christ for any hope for the future. Augustine of hippo is the first one to have referred to the term Original Sin in the early 5th century, 400 years after the crucifixion.
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:04 am
mrhunt wrote:
Seeing Such blind Devotion and Well.....Whatnot Towards All of this is starting to Seriously piss me off...

Are people really THIS goddam stupid? if i could slap people through a computer screen i would and Just Scream "WAKE THE **** UP!"

Just beleive In Santa Instead...At least That dudes supposed to give you presents....Jesus isnt good for anything. (Yeah,I said it....Now imma Run away So all the loony Kooks Dont Flame me)


Why on earth would what I personally believe tick you off? I don't even know you and you don't know me. I have no effect on your life whatsoever.

You have a right to what you believe and I would never call you names for it. I would never say you are stupid, etc. Why you feel the need to namecall is totally uncomprehensible to me.
0 Replies
 
Gilbey
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:29 am
Arella Mae said "I have no effect on your life whatsoever".

By writing the words you write you have an effect on everyone who reads them.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:30 am
Gilbey wrote:
Arella Mae said "I have no effect on your life whatsoever".

By writing the words you write you have an effect on everyone who reads them.
Not really.
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:32 am
Re: If Jesus kept his mouth shut......
JPB wrote:

Augustine of hippo is the first one to have referred to the term Original Sin in the early 5th century, 400 years after the crucifixion.


Facinating JPB, I'm sure of heard that before re Augustine, but I disremembered.

I find it interesting that people who consider themselves "real" christians many times have a bone to pick with the catholic church, (whore of babyleon and all that) when their basic premise of being saved from something, in this case, the sin of adam and eve, original sin, is something that the catholics came up with. Or am I incorrect?

The idea of sin being passed down, something we have to be saved from, or the idea that someone is dying for the sins of someone else, well, a bunch of someone elses going way into the future, and that saves them, is just plain silly.

Something I just thought of the first time....I really can't speculate if Jesus was the son of God, or just a man. For all I know, he was the son of God....but.....if he was, I don't believe he was here to save someone from a thing that (a) can't be passed down, and (b) can't save them by being punished for sins that weren't even going to be commited for thousands of years.
If Jesus was a son of God, I can't believe there haven't been other sons/daughters of God. It's mans small mind that makes some believe there can be only one. and, if Jesus was a SOG, if he had a purpose, it was something else, maybe something no one has seen, or knows about.

I had a friend who has lupus, has almost died 3 or 4 times. During one of these times, she had one of those near death experiences. Not debating if it happened or not, I'm going by what she said happened. Anyway, she said she was addressed, and told it wasn't her time yet, that she had not accomplished her lifes purpose....BUT....she may never know when she as accomplished it.

To me, that's a real stunner. Many of us like to think we have a purpose in life. But, what if our purpose in life is something totally insignificant. Perhaps my purpose in life was turning on the radio in the car at 7:45am on 3/7/08?
Would that change anything in the world? I can't see it would, I didn't hear anything but George Michael sing "tradgic whispers" before I turned it off again. Who knows though? But, that action may have clicked one small puzzle piece into place in the cosmos.
I completed my purpose, and hopefully will continue to live another 50 years.
If there was a person named Jesus, whether he was a SOG or not, he had a piece of the puzzle, or maybe his purpose was to stand back and let another piece fit. Was his purpose to die on the cross and save anyone? Or was it walking to the market to pick up his mom a loaf of bread?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
  1. Forums
  2. » If Jesus kept his mouth shut......
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 10/21/2019 at 09:51:42