Suicidal backup dog

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 06:32 am
Present Family Dog is a rescued-for-the-shelter, brand-snatched-from-the-burning pit bull.

As a pup she liked chewing disposable razors--stainless steel blades and all.

Rough and tough and not too bright.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 07:25 am
As a kid, we had a golden retriever that ate a pin cushion. It was tomato shaped with a little sandy filled pin sharpener on the side. The vet suggested feeding the dog a lot of kibble to hopefully coat the pins on their way out. It apparently worked because the dog lived another 8 years.

My rottweiler was like a shark. He ate everything, if it wasn't edible he either threw it up or it came out the other end. I had a small jade buddha about an inch high that sat on a little table in our hallway. One day I was dusting and noticed it was gone. I looked all over but couldn't find it. I had to leave on a business trip and a friend was coming to stay with the dog. Two days into my trip I get a frantic message from my dog sitter: "Your dog pooped a buddha!" We wondered if this qualified him for sainthood in any part of the world.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 07:34 am
I think your pulling my leg here farmerdude.

You say its a dog but then its a cat something erother, now your want me to believe theres a bit of lepoard and pig in it as well

A lepocatadogahog... that eats bird seed.

I'm calling bullshit on this one!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:09 am
Quote:
Hounds get this really stupid look on their faces cause they know that something was made wrong and they probably caused it.

I SOOO love that look and know it well.

When Gracie had pups, we kept one for a while. One day Ire got into cubette's cream blush. He got bright red greasy stuff all over his nose and face. To get it off, he decided to rub it on the carpet. When he did so, it ended up on his feet, back-side and pretty much everywhere else.

Enter Gracie. She see's the situation and begins trying to lick Ire to get him cleaned up before he's found out.

Enter me with an armload of laundry... I got "The Look!" in double. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:43 am
odd isn't it squinney that the idiot dog in your post and mine were both named Gracie....beethoven was good for that look too...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 09:49 am
BBB
My neighbor's baby ducks came into my house one day. My Siamese cats were used to playing with the ducks outside in the back yard. But a duckie in the house was weird and the cat pounced on one of the ducks and killed it. Later, the ducks and cats played outside with no repeat of pouncing.

Can't have house duckies around cats.

BBB
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 10:23 am
Krispin used to like to sit in the middle of the road when he was young. He did it on purpose. He'd actually look back to the oncoming car, and i swear he was laughing his ass off as the driver slammed on the breaks in panic. Then he gracefully trotted away.

A car was finally fatal to him, some 14 years later, but that because he was deaf in his old age.

This one lived through many miracles. He was fearless and fast. He got away masterfully from home and ran across two four laned streets, without looking left or right or slowing down whatsoever, to a dog park many many times. Nothing ever happened to him. He also attacked a big German shepherd that was guarding his property. He wasn't exactly smart, but fearless, yes, that he was.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 09:44 pm
My cat Whisper has had many suicide attempts. So far they must have been a call for help because he hasn't quite managed to get it done yet. I have had to reach down his throat and pop out rocks, acorns, wire twist ties, chunks of plastic bags, nylon stockings, all sorts of string and gods know what else.

The very first meal that I was making in our new home at the time was his closest brush with death as of yet. I was going to make steak using my broiler on my brand new stove. I opened the broiler and pulled out the pan and put in on the opposite counter so I could arrange the steaks. Everything was set so I popped the pan back in the broiler, closed the door and cranked it on. I'm bustling around the kitchen when I hear a muffled meow. I check the laundry room, the pantry and inside all the cupboards - no cat.

Now mind you, several minutes has passed with the broiler on. I suddenly have the image pop into my head of Whisper sniffing around the opening of the broiler as I pulled the tray out. I scream 'OH MY GOD!!' run to the stove - turn it off - yank open the door - and drag out the tray.

He comes scooching out at a quick trot. The damn cat wasn't even singed. I did notice that the flames were still visible when I yanked out the tray, though. I don't know how he managed it.

It's a good thing though, I would have had to move.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 04:35 am
Thats about the closest call Ive heard with the "muffled meow" signal. Weve always had such cat signals from built in cupboards in our dining room or other similar places that old houses always contain.

Thats one of the few things about Coon Cats that concerns me, they would think nothing of jumping into an oven to check it out.
0 Replies