Fake Prohpet exposed and ridiculed. You "WILL" LAUGH!

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 08:28 pm
I am careful when participating in ridicule of a preacher but when he or she is a fake, I have no reservation. I've seen this guy many times in the early hours of the morning, and just watched in horror while someone actually sent in money. Alas, no one is safe from youtube.
Once you stop laughing, watch the video again, listen to what this man is saying or watch some of the other unedited clips of him on youtube. Absolutely amazing.
"Pastor" Kerney Thomas
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 902 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 12:25 am
Surely you don't think that is a real pastor? Shocked
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:42 am
Arella Mae wrote:

He's about as real as any of them. He just has an unusual "style"!
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 08:28 am
Arella Mae wrote:

I thought that was made clear in the original post.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 08:29 am
He's about as real as any of them. He just has an unusual "style"![/quote]

It's unfair I think, to lump them all together, there are some that are genuine of course, this would not be an example of one.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 08:47 am
jasonrest - No, You can't lump them all together, but I think that there are some commonalities. A pastor is part salesman, part huckster, part show-biz. Like in all professions, I do believe that some really think that they are doing the right thing, but that does not immune them from flim flam.

You have not been around for long, but I have mentioned the Rev. Ike in the past. He was popular decades ago. Although I certainly did not share his beliefs, I thought that he was a teriffic guy, and had a great message that he gave to followers. He was a perfect showman, and really inspired enthusiasm in the people who listened to him.

http://www.revike.org/

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 08:57 am
Maybe it is just me but I don't see in your original post where it says it is someone mocking a pastor, just that it was exposing another fake.

And Phoenix is right, you can't lump all pastors in the same category, just as you cannot lump all of anyone in the same category.

Personally, I found the video extremely distasteful, but that's just me.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:13 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Maybe it is just me but I don't see in your original post where it says it is someone mocking a pastor, just that it was exposing another fake.

And Phoenix is right, you can't lump all pastors in the same category, just as you cannot lump all of anyone in the same category.

Personally, I found the video extremely distasteful, but that's just me.

ummmm.... yeah!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 06:03 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

Sure he's real. The farting is obviously false, but the rest is real.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 03:03 am
First of all,All the farting and all the Times he says "fart" are CLEARLY Edited in.....

Second of all.I want to Punch Fuckers like this right in their ******* FACE.Their taking Money from people who so desperately want Help and to beleive in SOMETHING that they'll latch on to the dozens of phoney Televised "pastors" Such as this...their all Fake and in it for the MONEY!!!!!

Ive seen dateline episodes where these Suposed "pastors" have jet ski's and Luxury jets and mansions and everything while they continue to "Preach gods word" to these Ignorant people.....

How DARE they use people like this.It makes me ******* sick.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 06:02 am
Quote:
How DARE they use people like this.It makes me **** sick.

mrhunt- No one is forced to listen to sermons. No one is forced to give money to the hucksters. There are many ways that ignorant people can be parted from their money that is perfectly legal. Some of these are underwritten by states, like lotteries.

I believe that threads like these are useful as a "wake up call" to educate people about clergy who use people to enhance their own fortunes. There are prominent churches who have been doing the same thing for centuries........................and are tax exempt, which I consider a travesty in a civilized society.

There are some people who are cannot, or will not, or are unable to create a decent life for themselves. Those folks will turn to some "pie in the sky" to help them forget their miserable existences, rather than taking action to improve their situations in life.

You may rail against it, but it is a reality. If a product did not have customers, it would cease to exist.
0 Replies