Please make sure your email address is valid

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 02:18 pm
The new software will use email address/password to log in. This is because while people will often forget their username they rarely forget their email address and this will mean people get "locked out" less often.

Because the current site doesn't put the reliance on the email address this may cause problems if you have an old email address, forgot which email address you are using or if you have an invalid email address (e.g. many people have typos in their "hotmial" or "yaho" addresses.

If you don't know what your registered email address is, or if the email address is invalid you may not be able to log in to the new site.

Please make sure that your registered email address is a valid email address that you remember and can receive mail at if you want to avoid being (most likely permanently) locked out of your account when the new system launches. Because we can't verify ownership of an account by anything other than email, if you can't receive an email at the registered address you won't be able to get in if your login is not working.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 3,540 • Replies: 19
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 04:44 pm
bump
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 06:07 pm
Thank you for the warning. I use an email address I despise (unwieldy to read emails) for this site since I had some issues a year or so ago with my main address re hearing from the mods.
So, I'm going to change it to a site I like better but not the old one that caused trouble.

I presume I do this through the HELP DESK?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:16 pm
We can help you at the Help Desk (er, that sounds weird).
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 04:17 am
How do I update my email?

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118099
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 05:35 am
You do it in your profile. Look at the top of the page, in about the center, and click on the word "Profile." Change your e-mail address on the page to which that link takes you.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:44 am
Setanta wrote:
You do it in your profile. Look at the top of the page, in about the center, and click on the word "Profile." Change your e-mail address on the page to which that link takes you.

Thanks Set, I know how to get into my profile but, there is no feature that is for changing the emails. Diowan suggestions is very easy if it works. I just don't dare try it.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:44 am
AngeliqueEast wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Thanks Set, I know how to get into my profile but, there is no feature that is for changing the emails. Diowan's suggestion is very easy if it works. I just don't dare try it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:46 am
Why you felt the need to quote yourself is beyond me. Your paranoia is incomprehensible and unjustitied--but then, paranoia is rarely justified. I have recently changed my e-mail address in my profile, and it works just fine.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:48 am
LOL

Sorry *giggles* I was trying to edit, and I quoted by mistake. LOL

Then I got booted when I tried to fix it LOL
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:51 am
Setanta wrote:
Why you felt the need to quote yourself is beyond me. Your paranoia is incomprehensible and unjustitied--but then, paranoia is rarely justified. I have recently changed my e-mail address in my profile, and it works just fine.

Did you use the form Diowan's suggested?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:54 am
Who the Hell is Diowan?

I went to my profile, i put the cursor at the end of the e-mail address, i backspaced until it was gone, and i typed in the new address. Then i went to the bottom of the page and clicked on the submit button.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:55 am
OK, that was a typo, i assume . . . you meant Dlowan.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:59 am
I did it Exclamation

I changed it. I will log off and on and check the profile again.

Thank you both Exclamation
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 07:00 am
Working just fine, thanks again Exclamation
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 07:32 am
happens to me all the time :wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 08:51 am
BBB
Thanks, Craven.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 04:38 am
I don't have a problem with my e-mail address. I'm not sure if I should write this here or start a new thread.

Are we gonna get instructions (written so that people like me can understand them) about how the new site will work? Will I be able to figure out how to get to it and into it?

Noivous in Noo Yawk.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 03:14 pm
Roberta wrote:
I don't have a problem with my e-mail address. I'm not sure if I should write this here or start a new thread.

Are we gonna get instructions (written so that people like me can understand them) about how the new site will work? Will I be able to figure out how to get to it and into it?

Noivous in Noo Yawk.

Don't be noivous.

IF you were to have any trouble, even were it to take a village, we'd get you in and settled.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 12:57 am
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Noivous in Noo Yawk.

Don't be noivous.

IF you were to have any trouble, even were it to take a village, we'd get you in and settled.

Very Happy

Relieved and grateful. I'm remembering that it took a fairly large village to get my avatar in place.

Thanks, bunny.
0 Replies