rockpie

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 04:54 am
i was thinking of writing a book representing moral principles via the use of empathy.

in short, putting yourself in the shoes of those your actions will effect before acting.

would it be worth it? has anyone written a similar book?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 729 • Replies: 3
No top replies

curtis73

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 05:04 am
oooh... I like it.

Modern spirituality suggests that all souls are connected. Instead of being billions of individual souls (like angels) that inhabit a body, it has been researched that all souls are part of the same energy. The extrapolation of that is; if we understood that we are all the same soul, we would understand that a transgression against another is as damaging to our own energy as it is to the other person. I believe that in a truly evolved society this is understood, and things like murder, theft, rape, and war are impossible. No one would harm another anymore than they would harm themselves.

In a nutshell... instead of putting yourself in others' shoes, the concept is more that you ARE in someone else's shoes... or that we all share the same shoes.

Write it. I don't know if someone else has already written something like it or not, but the world could benefit from your enlightened viewpoint.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 01:20 pm
Quote:
i was thinking of writing a book representing moral principles via the use of empathy.

I would leave the word 'moral' out of it. Morality has little to do with empathy.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:39 pm
I'm doing alright without empathy. Can't say I envy people that feel faint when they see car accidents, I drive better because I don't.
0 Replies