Trucks are really dumb... and abortion.

SCoates

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:10 am
I'm trying to polish this thesis for my masters paper. I'll PRIMRILY be arguing that trucks are really dumb. But I plan on just exhausting my personal opinions, so it might be a pain to incorporate credible sources.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know a good truck-hater site I could reference?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 741 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:35 am
http://newmomtojenna.blogspot.com/2007/03/did-i-mention-i-hate-my-truck.html

Good story if you read it all the way through
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:41 am
You know what else is really dumb? Tree huggers who drive a Toyota Prius, then plaster bumper stickers all over it explaining how good it is on gas.

Good for you, dork. If you're that concerned, take the bus.

Did you know why the Honda Civic Hybrid was a bomb? Because Honda failed to create a specific, seperate hybrid model like Toyota, and wasn't easily distinguished between a "regular" Civic. Basically, people buy the Prius for the image. Bunch of f'n hypocrites.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 10:58 am
Excellent points. I may want to incorporate that into my thesis. Something like:

Trucks are really dumb and abortion and tree huggers who drive a Toyota Prius, then plaster bumper stickers all over it explaining how good it is on gas.

Really, though, I think most of the paper will be about how trucks are really dumb. I might not have time to talk about abortion in the paper proper, so I just sort of had to cram it into the thesis.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:08 am
You may want to point out how trucks may not be so dumb, since they can transport more aborted fetuses than a Prius.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 12:45 pm
Trucks are dumb because people actually think they are 'cool' and 'special' in a vehicle millions of other people own as well.

And

they put stupid **** like

THESE

on them Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 12:51 pm
Yeah! And aren't they still exempt from gas guzzler tax? Aren't they still allowed faster depreciation for business use? Maybe not so dumb.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 04:02 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
You know what else is really dumb? Tree huggers who drive a Toyota Prius, then plaster bumper stickers all over it explaining how good it is on gas.

Good for you, dork. If you're that concerned, take the bus.

Did you know why the Honda Civic Hybrid was a bomb? Because Honda failed to create a specific, seperate hybrid model like Toyota, and wasn't easily distinguished between a "regular" Civic. Basically, people buy the Prius for the image. Bunch of f'n hypocrites.

Ha! That'll learn 'em. What kindof degree do you get for this thesis anyway? Hypocrite pansies.

Still as a fan of American Motorism, since you see a correlation to abortion, I can enlighten you. Here's the deal. In 1967 trucks were for work and cars were for everything else, including getting laid and melting down Uniroyals, hence the commonality of the 8 cyl engine. Fast forward 30 years, all of a sudden we've got a conscience and instead of doing as thou wilt with nothing but 4-seats and a trunk holding you back, the only way you get 8 cylinders is in a truck. This works oddly enough because it jives with the whole alpha-male civic-hero thing that arises when there's a bull market and no big wars. Like, yeah, it's got a corvette engine, plus I can bust steers with it on the ranch, or some such thing. In short, the truck is the populists muscle car, which in turn is the non-European heterosexuals sports car. Stupid? No. Misguided due to societal constraints? Yep.

Abortion is the same thing. People screw. It happens. You want a buncha little kids running around that only Evangelical Christians will adopt or do you want Stems Cells?

The underlying theme is when the G steps and mob rule takes hold, we all end up doing **** we don't want to pick up the tab for. Gimme a 350 cid car with a 4-speed stick and $4 a gallon gas - I'll get 26 mpg all around. People will pass me, but I'll idle between red lights in second gear do 70 mph on the highway with the throttle cracked. But you won't do that because 350's more than I need for any car. Give some chick an abortion? that's one less SSI case you got to worry about. But what about the fetus. So you end up with ruined lives and feigned functionality at the expense of aerodynamics and jumbo ring-gears.

Sure big civilized trucks are BS, but you're not seeing the big picture, you're just shooting at what the G has spent 30 years setting up for you. Look through the problem instead of whining in chorus.
0 Replies