How would you defend humanities actions?

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:33 pm
say there was an animal who avoided us and evolved without our knowledge , its survival due to its "high flight distance", which enables it to survive even longer, the cycle repeating and evolution takes its course.

say they were living underground , theres a scientology(i think im not big on the religious conspiracies) belief reptiles were civilized first a long time ago or someshit lets use that for lack on my part of having an imagination.

say they built and entire civilization, and one day they realised in order to stop humans from destroying the only "known" life in the universe, they would have to completely eradicate us. the emerge from underground with superior technology and intelligence. they disable our electronics and from there enslave the entire human population.

what would you say to try and get them to stop, if given the chance?
How would you defend humanity, and your own actions in participating in the destruction of one of the , if i say so myself, rarest thing in existence in the entire universe??

Can we actually defend our actions at all? can you? i couldnt think of one good reason to excuse my participation in this society , and its disturbing.

all i have so far is 2 universal laws.(IMHO)
1. life isnt fair
2. survival of the fittest.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 734 • Replies: 4
No top replies

helmi15

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:46 pm
If you kill everyone of us, you are not better than we are.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 05:28 pm
yes in fact they would be, we obviously cannot control ourselves and we are not above life itself.

i.e. they are protecting life itself, not humanities self interest and "god" mentality. thats like saying when you force a dog to get its ear cleaned you are being evil.

we are the worlds ear infection. sorry to inform you..
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:52 pm
To get them to stop eradicating us? Anything and everything that came to mind. Matters of principle would be above and beyond the situation.

Can we defend our actions? Sure. Number one, we're born to do it. Number two, what the hell else is there to do? Number three, if we didn't do it, who would? Should the universe be deprived of the diversity it spawned?

I agree that life ain't fair and I believe in survival of the fittest, but I think of it as a foggy evening, when the moon shines through the nighted mist and it might as easily be the sun through smoke. Whatever happens, happens, its beautiful any way.
0 Replies

helmi15

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 04:53 pm
There is another good question related to this topic.

A race that is so highly sophisticated, must have a similar way of evolution like we have. The human race would not be the dominant race on this planet, if it had always peaceful. We would be already extincted, if we had not acted in the way we did.

So another possible explaination of our behaviour could be our past. It is very likely that a more sophisticated race could understand this. Perhaps they would have a similar past.

I would say:
We are the dominant race on this planet. Your appearence shows us, that we still have to learn a lot.
We have reached a point in our development, where we have to take over the responsibility for our planet. Please give us a little amount of time and then you can judge.

In reality a catastrophe or something like that, will be the ignition of rethinking, I guess. Too bad, but it can come true this way....
0 Replies