The truth about HELL

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 07:44 am
I noticed there was a thread on questions about hell, death etc...

I was really happy when I found this vid that answered all the questions I had about hell.

Check it out and let me know if it answered yours too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1b1NyyQIY
God bless!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,593 • Replies: 22
No top replies

onthestreet

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 08:42 am
Three degrees of hell: Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, the three outer planets farthest from heaven, the source of light.

Essays Critical and Clinical
by Gilles Deleuze - 1998 - Philosophy
"The old Jewish hells of Sheol and Gehenna were fairly mild, uncomfortable, abysmal places like Hades, and when a New Jerusalem was created from heaven.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 09:18 am
Re: The truth about HELL
Janice911 wrote:
I noticed there was a thread on questions about hell, death etc...

I was really happy when I found this vid that answered all the questions I had about hell.

Check it out and let me know if it answered yours too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1b1NyyQIY
God bless!

Acts 20:29-32

"I know that False Teachers, like VICIOUS WOLVES, will come in AMONG YOU after I leave, not sparing the Flock. Even some men from your own group will rise up and DISTORT THE TRUTH in order to draw a following."

You have to wonder if this is one of those false teachers.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 09:25 am
It is a well-researched video. Thanks for sharing it.

Personally, I believe that if there is a God, he or she is better than we are: which means more forgiving, more patient, more tolerant, more loving. Would many of us today condemn their unruly children to burn in hell and perish? How much less likely then, is a loving God to condemn us?

If there are only two possibilities, Hell and punishment or Heaven and reward, where does God draw "the line"? If on the Day of Judgment God lines up all humanity in a line with the most goodly in front and the most sinful in the rear, is there a point in the line where God determines, "You go to eternal reward, next in line you go to Hell"?

If a husband accepts Christ and his wife does not, will they spend eternity apart? How can Heaven be heaven at all if you spend eternity without your loved ones? It would be punishing the husband despite his righteous devotion.

I also don't believe that a loving God would judge a person as damnable who loves his fellow man and does good works but doesn't accept Christ; and look on a selfish hateful scoundrel who only repents on his deathbed as Heaven material.

My conclusion is, the all-loving God would not condemn any of us to burn in Hell. Therefore there is no Hell. If the Bible disagrees, it is because it was written by imperfect humans whose grasp of the divine was limited by their time and culture, just as mine and yours are. The alternative is that God is not all-loving and perfect, which I must doubt.

I realize you will disagree with me- and you are welcome to; and that all arguments are over-simplified and are much more complex than can be stated on this thread, but I thought I would share a different viewpoint.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 09:32 am
Equus wrote:
My conclusion is, the all-loving God would not condemn any of us to burn in Hell. Therefore there is no Hell. If the Bible disagrees, it is because it was written by imperfect humans whose grasp of the divine was limited by their time and culture, just as mine and yours are. The alternative is that God is not all-loving and perfect, which I must doubt.

I have to agree that this is a possibility, but if YOU are willing to accept that men could have influenced the bible DESPITE the will of god and his overseeing editing power throughout the ages then you open the bible up to man's influence EVERYWHERE in the bible.

Maybe god doesn't consider homosexuality a sin, but maybe that was one of man's edits.

Maybe god doesn't care if you worship other gods, but maybe that was one of man's edits.

Maybe there isn't a heaven, but maybe that was one of man's edits.

etc, etc.

If one portion of the bible is untrue or NOT the word of god, then it is possible that any portion of the bible is untrue or not the word of god, right?
0 Replies

Janice911

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 10:04 am
I kindly disagree Equus,

God did not abstain from allowing His only begotten Son (the Sinless one) to be crucified because of the sins He was carring for the world...

We, who are sinful, then expect to be excused from punishment with the notion that God will with out a doubt open the gates of Heaven wide for those who still have sin on them...

There is a serious controversy at stake here.

God did not spare His INNOCENT Son from death, yet we who have erred over and over again will be excused... God is a God of love and mercy, yet He is also a God of justice.

It is not of ourselves that we will ever be permitted into Heaven, the only reason we have this hope is because of Christ. When we cover ourselves with His blood He does not see us, but sees His beautiful sinless Son.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 11:19 am
Janice.....no concerns about that video being a false teaching?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:57 pm
If Adam and Eve had not sinned, they would still be here and we would not have war and crime and sickness and death. The punishment for their sin was/is death. If roasting, toasting, baking, or broiling was to have been included, it would certainly been part of God's warning.

In fact, dead are "conscious of nothing at all" (Ecclesiastes 9:5) So our choice is not between heaven and hell but between life and death. (Deuteronomy 30:19)
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 06:40 pm
Yeah, alright, bring it on, I'm ready for it. Quarter of a century getting to know nature and humanity, I'm gonna dance with who brung me.
0 Replies

onthestreet

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 10:45 pm
neologist wrote:
If Adam and Eve had not sinned, they would still be here and we would not have war and crime and sickness and death. The punishment for their sin was/is death. If roasting, toasting, baking, or broiling was to have been included, it would certainly been part of God's warning.

In fact, dead are "conscious of nothing at all" (Ecclesiastes 9:5) So our choice is not between heaven and hell but between life and death. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

REPLY: Neo, if Adam and Even had not sinned and had revealed everything to us up front, we'd have no opportunity and existence to work out our salvation and self-discoveries like they did, and become a god like Him, our God.

As for the dead, their consciences are not what dies. The conscience leaves the body for a moment, and ascends, and becomes much more alive than when they were locked up in the dark and gross element of the body. Our choice is very much between heaven and hell, life and death, according to God's judgment of restitution in all things.

Street
0 Replies

onthestreet

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 10:46 pm
hanno wrote:
Yeah, alright, bring it on, I'm ready for it. Quarter of a century getting to know nature and humanity, I'm gonna dance with who brung me.

REPLY: If you dance with the devil, you'll lose every time. Dance with the angels, and endure and live.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:36 am
A few points to ponder:

God created hell for the devil and his angels - this video says hell does not exist now.

When Jesus died on the cross He went into hell and preached to those that were there. How could he do this if there was no hell?

If there is no hell why did Jesus preach about it so much?

If there is heaven and eternal life for believers but only death for non-believers Jesus died on the cross for nothing. If a person merely ceases to exist who cares!? You'll be gone, dead, etc. You won't even know you are dead! Seems a good incentive to do whatever the heck you want if you ask me.

Also what are you going to do about this verse:

[quote]Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.[/quote]

If heaven is real you can bet your bottom dollar hell is real.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:24 am
Arella,
Could you please direct me to where Jesus preached about hell so much?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 09:17 am
Luke 16:19-31 - There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Matthew 23:33 - Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Matthew 25:41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

And, of course, there are plenty of verses in the Book of Revelation.........
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:18 pm
onthestreet wrote:
neologist wrote:

REPLY: Neo, if Adam and Even had not sinned and had revealed everything to us up front, we'd have no opportunity and existence to work out our salvation and self-discoveries like they did, and become a god like Him, our God.

As for the dead, their consciences are not what dies. The conscience leaves the body for a moment, and ascends, and becomes much more alive than when they were locked up in the dark and gross element of the body. Our choice is very much between heaven and hell, life and death, according to God's judgment of restitution in all things.

Street
Your philosophy does not wash with the OT.
0 Replies

onthestreet

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:21 pm
Well, what do you expect when you keep flashing that lightning bolt in my face.
0 Replies

Janice911

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 03:49 pm
Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus went to Hell to preach to people?

Help me out on this one seriously... Purgatory or anything related to its concept exists no where in scripture.

On what basis should this doctrine be accepted?

Yes I do support the video because it is fully biblically referenced. I'm sorry but I dont care what "men" will say, I care about what God has said. Acts 5:29 says "We aught to obey God rather than man".
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 03:58 pm
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
0 Replies

onthestreet

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:56 am
Very good, Arella Mae. It's right there, if people truly want it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:04 am
Arella Mae wrote:
A few points to ponder:

God created hell for the devil and his angels - this video says hell does not exist now.

When Jesus died on the cross He went into hell and preached to those that were there. How could he do this if there was no hell?

If there is no hell why did Jesus preach about it so much?

If there is heaven and eternal life for believers but only death for non-believers Jesus died on the cross for nothing. If a person merely ceases to exist who cares!? You'll be gone, dead, etc. You won't even know you are dead! Seems a good incentive to do whatever the heck you want if you ask me.

Also what are you going to do about this verse:

[quote]Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

If heaven is real you can bet your bottom dollar hell is real.[/color][/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So true.......they ARE both silly myths to scare and control childlike minds.
0 Replies