I split your post over to the forum help board because the web development section is generally for other sites and my participation there is usually to help other webmasters in topics that don't pertain to this site.
First of all the control panel was really not a feature so much as it was just a list of link to features that were default features of the forum or features that I had added.
So the most essential features of the site are still here and I am still building some of the other ones to implement some code improvements.
If you ask about specific features I can tell you where the links to use them are.
Here is a list of what I remember being on the control panel:
- There was a link to send this site to a friend. It was used only a few times as people would just use their email instead so the restoration of that feature is a low priority.
- There was a link to edit your profile and settings. That can currently be found at the top of every forum page and is called "Profile".
- There was a link to your Personal Messages and that is also at the top of the forum pages and the link will read "You have no new messages" or it will tell you how many you have. If you are logged out it will tell you to log in. From that link you can send PMs or view your Inbox etc.
- There was a link to the "Who's Online" page. That page can still be accessed at the bottom of the forum index page or on the home page in the "User Panel".
- There was a link to the member list. It can be found on the top of every forum page.
- There was a link to usergroups. Also found near where the memberlist is located.
- Search for your own posts. You can fine this on every forum page on the upper left. "View Your Posts"
- Right beneath that link is another from the control panel. "Topics you've started"
- There was a link of topics you are watching and I have yet to implement that one. I had planned to restore it much later on but in a week or two I should have that feature back.
- Another one was a list of all the latest topics posted. This will be back within the next week or so.
- There were links to search the last 24 hours etc of posts but after the database passed a few hundred posts the code for that became problematic and it won't be restored (mainly because of another feature that covers the need for that).
- There was a link to a list of the most active topics in trems of views and posts and that one will return eventually (not a huge priority).
- There was a link to the top posters of the site. It will return at the same time that the above ones does.
- There was also a link to the "Advanced Search". That can be accessed at the top of the forum pages and is called "search"
Almost all features from the previous version will be restored when time permits them to be updated.