Frustrated American Wants to Move to London... Advice?

erissmaka

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 03:20 pm
@LostGirl811,
Hello there, I appreciate your offer to help, would you be willing to email me so we could talk further off of this thread? I would greatly appreciate any and all help. My husband and I plan on moving there permanently, we've visited plenty of times before coming to this decision, but we're not sure on alot of the visa requirements! Thanks so much! My email is muse 2 gaia @ gmail. com (just remove all the space in between everything!)
contrex

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 03:52 pm
@erissmaka,
You are 5 years too late (look at the date of her last post)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 05:01 pm
@erissmaka,
If you pass the personal assets test there won't be any difficulties I shouldn't have thought.
0 Replies

KylaKevin

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2013 03:15 am
@donnacorleone,
If you don't look at the search engines yet then try to find jobs in London and it will help you out further.
0 Replies

fresno2014

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 12:03 pm
@donnacorleone,
donna, I am british citizen from east London, looking to move let me know on 00447956090651 or bayub1980 skype
fresno2014

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 12:05 pm
@CoExGal,
IF U WANT TO MOVE TO LONDON LET ME KNOW [email protected]
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 12:32 pm
@fresno2014,
Fresno, this was a question asked over six years ago.

Donna, by now, has arrived, been mugged at Heathrow, sold his body in order to survive, been arrested for soliciting, won a million on the lotto, spent it on a one bedroom bedsit in Kensigton with a five year lease, and flew back home when that lease expired.

Just saying
roger

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 02:30 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Good answers take time to formulate. Yours will be ready in a second.
0 Replies

melanie115

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:16 pm
Contrex knows what he/she is talking about. I was one of the unfortunate women that met someone online, tried to fly over to date that person for 2 months and see where it would go. Border patrol said no because they thought I didn't have enough money for maintenance and tossed me back on a plane (after a humiliating search, night in jail, etc) to return back to the states. It was a horrible experience, but I learned a great deal.
I still love London and the UK. And surprisingly, I have been back since that awful experience and even stayed for 2 months with friends. I have a love of the UK that is difficult to explain, though I know the comforts of the US can be far better in many ways. Listen to the suggestions on this thread, though. I wish I had been aware of it before I made the mistakes I did. I may never live in London and that would be fine, but I always have the ability to vacation there. I like my home and as someone pointed out, the US is a wonderful place to live. I just wish our two governments would collaborate and make it easier for UK citizens to come to the states and vice versa. Sigh...
njb21

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 08:24 pm
@melanie115,
I am a male U.S. citizen that has recently visited my girlfriend that lives in England. I unfortunately wasn't aware of all the regulations when arriving as well, but luckily they allowed my entrance eventually. At first I was asked about my return ticket, which I didn't have on me since I usually get it at the airport, and then about where I'd be staying. After that I was asked how much money I had to cover the costs while I'd be there. Given I didn't have my return ticket on me I had to wait about an hour for them to receive a call back from Homeland Security. After this everything was fine, luckily, but it was a scary experience having paid that much and traveling there to almost not be allowed entry. Prior to going to the U.K. I had already been in a relationship with my girlfriend, that I had met online, for 8 months. My England visit was only for 1 week itself, but the experience was amazing. This mostly was due to finally being with the one I love. Anyhow, I find myself currently in a detrimental situation because I desire to be with her in person and am finding great difficulty with this visa process. I'd love to get a student visa and go about it that way, but the international cost of schooling is unreasonably high. Not to mention I don't see how I'd qualify for the typical student loans that I'd have access too by going to school here in the states. It is an extremely depressing situation. I stumbled on this forum actually in search of ways to live there to be with her. :/
0 Replies