"Knock-off" Coach purse online?

Chai

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 04:11 pm
contrex wrote:
Chai wrote:
Actually, you'd lose that bet.

I was responding to another poster's "illegal? So what?" query by suggesting that many of the blowhards I see on here would have no hesitation about calling in a family of "illegal" immigrants that they found out about.

and I was responding to what you said about betting we'd turn some poor Mexican family in for selling fake Raybans on the corner at xmas time.

Both the cops and the people have better things to do...like buy some knock off raybans to keep in the car as a spare.

It cracks me up when some people think that those who are just doin' what they can to get by are living in fear of being caught doing something "illegal" like that.

There's not all that many that live in this "white upper middle class" economy that play it by the straight and narrow, and don't pick up a deal when they can.

Ooooo...I couldn't buy that...it would be illegal, and wrong.
Rolling Eyes

It's like the small percentage of people that believe someone smoking a joint with Sunday morning coffee are worried they're going to get arrested. Or the ones that think all girls are virgins until they marry.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 10:08 pm
ehBeth wrote:

This doesn't necessarily apply to things designed to look somewhat like a designer product.

Then I need to clarify MY statements because those that you are describing with that sentence are the ones I am talking about.

The rolex watches that are missing some kind of writing on them that would tell anyone who knows what they are looking at, that it is a fake.

Or a handbag that has the same pattern as the original would, but is not the same cut, shape or style that you would find that bag in if it were original.

A 'trained" eye can tell they are knock offs, but for most people they would not know the diffrence..
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 10:40 pm
Cool Psst, Hey ladies, anything you need I got. Straight from East LA....uh France I mean or persia....whatever.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:42 pm
Buffalo wrote:
Please keep in mind that, first, my wife is the one looking for this purse (as the question was originally asked). Second, she doesn't want an illegal item that is being sold as the real-deal. She likes the looks of a specific Coach purse and wants to purchase one like it. She does not want to spend $300+ on a purse though.

So, maybe I should rephrase the original question to....
Does anyone know of a good website to purchase inexpensive purses online?

Thanks.

If there is a Coach outlet near you, you can get one for less than $100. I did - I wouldn't pay retail prices for one.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:45 pm
Here is another spot to get the real deal, but at a discount...

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/auctions.cgi?PAGE=static&pagenum=121532
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:50 pm
Dammit people.

I love Coach and now that you've shown me that Overstock Auction has great deals on them....

Confused
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:57 pm
Why are these being offered and sold so cheap?

Question
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 01:04 pm
Just FYI for buffalo...

This is what a knockoff often looks like.

http://images.auctions.overstock.com/aimages/d/0/4/35/40357106_1.jpg

Real deal.

http://www.gmwebsite.com/upload/1shopbrandname.com/product/61.jpg

Alot of knockoffs look ok or similar to the real thing until you get them side by side.

But it doesn't really matter, as long as your wife likes it!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 01:16 pm
You really want to get her something special, get her a Hermes Birkin.

http://www.modaluxury.com/images/herm-croc-diamond.jpg

[size=7](ok, not really....no one in their right mind, no matter how many blow jobs were promised, would spend that kind of money on a bag)[/size]

FYI.....the price on that is a staggering $190,000.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 02:13 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Why are these being offered and sold so cheap?

Question

I don't know - I haven't bought any Coach bags off this particular website - I've bought some other stuff though and haven't had an issue. I also have not used their auction before.

My understanding is they buy out overstocks from other stores - maybe stores that are closing or something for a low price and therefore can sell cheaper on their website. Sort of like Marshalls, TJ Maxx or other discount stores, but online.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 02:21 pm
Yeah, also stuff from previous seasons. (The core demographic for this stuff is people who wouldn't be caught dead with last season's bag...)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:56 am
I am the "Last Season Queen".

I shop Macy's sale rack for last season and end of season dresses.

I got 3 dresses for $50 the other day.

I love last season.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:58 am
Me too! :-)

Works great with kid's stuff, too. I'm now buying (way on sale) a bunch of stuff that is one size up from what sozlet currently wears, for her to wear next summer.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:02 pm
I had a closet full of summer clothes from when I was still pregnant that just fit the little Bella now.

Styles don't change much from year to year so it isn't really like anyone will notice. Or care much. And those who do, aren't my friends anyway so whatever.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:36 pm
As long as you are the normal type person who wears normal type clothes, the styles don't change much. I hope also to hit Macy's for kids clothes - my daughter needs a new bathing suit and if we move, she will wear it well into the fall any way.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:42 pm
Oh hey, what's up with moving?

I've categorized that as "way in the future" but it must be coming up soon. What's the "if"?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:45 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oh hey, what's up with moving?

I've categorized that as "way in the future" but it must be coming up soon. What's the "if"?

I was supposed to move a couple of weeks ago, but we haven't sold our place yet. I got an extension at work to stay for 4 more months if I need to.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:47 pm
Wow, OK. Like you needed more complications!

Hope your place sells soon...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:56 pm
sozobe wrote:
Wow, OK. Like you needed more complications!

Hope your place sells soon...

Thanks - we will see...
0 Replies

fstop13

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 12:24 am
Crazy as this discussion is... I only found it by asking the same question! I have an authentic Coach, Prada, and Louis Vuitton. My Louis was purchased USED off of ebay, and is authentic, but NOT worth the 500 I paid. My Coach was purchased new at the store, and even though it is no longer in style, it is still in amazing condition. My prada was also purchased new, and did NOT hold up at all! I was NOT happy with the quality, and even with my "lifetime guarantee," the cost of sending it to Italy was rediculous! I live in a small town, and still carry my Louis Vuitton. However, EVERYONE in this town assumes that it is fake, and I have seen way too many fakes that look identical to it (aside from the date code on the inside). I realize that it is awful to sell these fakes, but at the same time, I have to wonder why anyone would make the mistakes that I have and purchase an original when no one can tell the difference. I don't know what town you live in, but in the town where I am, they have "purse parties" all of the time. They look pretty good for the money! Good luck!