Fido ain't sleeping

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 04:29 pm
aawww, I hope you're taking lots of pictures of them, patio. There is
nothing more comforting than having plenty of momentos of them in times when you need some comfort.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 04:51 pm
We have a lot already. I'm only taking a few now -- he's so skinny and ragged now, not the thick tough guy he used to be. Though if he had been, there would have been a scrap at the park today with the husky who wouldn't leave him (and his frisbee) alone. As it was, he just gave a little chase and then came back with big, "That mean dog took my frisbee" eyes. This from the dog who used to set the 'bee down in front of other dogs' noses to taunt them...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 05:47 pm
cj wrote :

Quote:
Male dogs are more gourmand anyways, while female dogs are the true gourmet.

ha , i say ! Laughing
bailey is the haughty one . example : in the morning both bailey and cleo get a charcoal biscuit . so this morning cleo snarfed the charcoal and was ready for anything else that might come her way . bailey "just didn't feel like it " this morning ; no coaxing , no : "it's mine" or : "can cleo have it ? " made any impression upon him :wink: .
cleo was ready to take his charcoal biscuit too - he just put his nose up in the air , indicating : "i don't care what you do ; i won't eat it !!!" .
i even held out one of his favourite biscuits right behind the charcoal biscuit - he just gave me the cold shoulder and an "icy stare" !

i sometimes suspect that he must have "royal ancestors" Laughing "we are not amused" seems to be what his demeanor displays to us ordinary humans .

even when it comes to doing their "business" , the two are distinctly different . cleo runs out , does her business and runs back into the house . bailey first wants some "privacy" , next he performs a sort of ritual dance to find the perfect spot . we still have a few inches of snow on the ground , so first he goes behind some small cedars for some privacy , next comes the rirual of finding the right spot . so he finds a spot , gets ready and sinks into the snow and the cold snow hits his bum ! indignant look over his shoulder and another dance routine for the right spot !
meantime cleo is already back in the house and stretches out on the easy chair with mrs h - and i'm getting cold standing on the porch !
BAILEY :SOME CHARACTER !
hbg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2023 02:15 pm
This is such a nice thread with so many people (and dogs) long gone....

Max crossed the rainbow bridge in 2009 and a few month later we got Lilly from the animal shelter. She's my avatar picture and has been one of the best dogs ever! Unfortunately, she's about 16 years old and the signs aging are all too prevalent.

Some nights she's up and restless, just like Max was and she lost her hearing and she's got cataract. Otherwise she is healthy and ever since I started cooking for her, she is spunky as well.

Lilly got slow and fragile on her dry food. I bought very expensive wet and dry food and nothing helped that much. Then I started cooking ground turkey/chicken and vegetables for her and she perked up and has been pretty solid since then.

I am hoping for a few more years with her, she's really the best dog ever!
0 Replies