Facebook poll on the role of spirituality and presidency

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 10:54 pm
Facebook, along with ABC have been conducting various surveys on the popular social networking site.

Given the topic: "What role should the personal faith of a President play in his/her decision-making?"

Here are the results as of 10:44PM December 23, 2007.

1) It should play a strong role: 11% (7,188 votes)
2) It should play a balanced role with other conciderations: 24% (15,158 votes)
3) It should not play any role: 65% (41,365 votes)
4) not sure: 1% (396 votes)

I believe the survey was posted over two weeks ago, and I'm not sure when it will end.

Anyway, I thought that two topics in particular could be discussed based on this info.

A) The question of the survey itself.

B) The spirtual landscape of the current college generation (my generation). NOTE: many people on facebook are older and younger than the trypical college demographic, but for the most part it's common to make that association.

T
K
O
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 553 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fungotheclown

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 11:37 pm
While I agree with the majority that responded to the poll, I don't think that is an accurate representation of the US. The fact is, for most people, religion is an incredibly important part of who they vote for. I can't think of any reason for this other than that they expect that religion to play some part in the decision making process of that candidate. As is common with our country, I think this is an example of us saying that we want one thing but acting in a way that shows we want another.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 02:26 am
I agree with fungotheclown.
The US is the the second nation on the list when it comes to the number of fanatic religious citizens. The first country is Turkey.

I agree that the personal beliefs of a politician should not play any part whatsoever in the decisions he makes. But that's impossible, because what he believs will to a large extent serve as the foundation he bases everything on.
0 Replies