Things that well-meaning A2K-ers do that I find awfully nice

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:47 pm
(Alex is also funny. I still plan to answer that smoking thread at some point..)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:49 pm
I gotta say that this place is much less disfunctional than my real family, and there is a LOT more love here.

If we all got along all the time, we would be incredibly flippin' BORING....

You guys rock..... Rolling Eyes

RH
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:57 pm
CdK wrote:
I'm about to marry a Christian.

Shocked

congrats!!!!
when's the big day?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:58 pm
In many ways this place has been teaching me how to talk, admittedly not always successfully, re various lessons of speaking to others in a way that communicates and furthers conversation. (I'm not just speaking of syntax, etc.) It functions that way for me, and I am assuming it does for lots of the rest of us.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:00 pm
And, oh, by the way, we're all going to show up at the wedding...

<kidding, kidding>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:03 pm
Oh yeah, I meant to mention the wedding!

Congrats to you and your future bride Craven :-D
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:20 pm
Montana wrote:
Craven made me cry for the first time. I just knew that boy had some mushy stuff knocking around in there somewhere, but I never thought he'd show it to us Cool

Thanks for making me cry Craven :-D

And for the rest of you, I give a ((((((((((Group Foopdedoo))))))))))

You guys are family :-D

I agree that Craven said wonderful things but I couldn't help thinking that Mame shamed him into doing it. Smile
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:28 pm
I just love "touchy-feely" threads like this. Crying or Very sad It brings out the feminine side. :wink:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
[...] the A2K "inner circle" [...]

Shocked There's an inner circle here?

You realize that conspiracy theories will now be born.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:50 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Montana wrote:
Craven made me cry for the first time. I just knew that boy had some mushy stuff knocking around in there somewhere, but I never thought he'd show it to us Cool

Thanks for making me cry Craven :-D

And for the rest of you, I give a ((((((((((Group Foopdedoo))))))))))

You guys are family :-D

I agree that Craven said wonderful things but I couldn't help thinking that Mame shamed him into doing it. Smile

Whatever works Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:52 pm
Yeah, hey Bear, what's up with that? Did you leave my circle?

Last I looked, you were still there ;-)

((((((((Bear))))))))
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 11:24 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
CdK wrote:

Shocked

congrats!!!!
when's the big day?

Yikes!
And I thought you were brave to play poker for a living!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:14 am
Yeah, Craven, and will there be room for all of us? Just a couple hundred of your closest friends.

We all love you, you know--well, probably not, but most of us really do. I don't get into lots of conversations, but I've enjoyed 'watching' you grow up. We elders can all be proud parents.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:17 am
Congratulations, Craven, on the impending nuptials. Go eat or die. Do a chore or die. She's got things under control. Not a bad thing.

I'm happy for you, kid. As my parents would say, you should both live and be well.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:29 am
George wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:
CdK wrote:

Shocked

congrats!!!!
when's the big day?

Yikes!
And I thought you were brave to play poker for a living!

Heh!!!!

How I long to ask you to write about the marrying a christian thing, Craven!!!!

I am going out with one, (not a conventional one) and struggling to deal with it on a number of levels.

Sigh....it's not the kind of thing you can write about, though, is it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:38 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Ok, ate quickly and am back briefly (have to do the dishes or the cook will kick my ass).

I also want to mention that I've learned a lot from people when they aren't even talking to me. People like Thomas are responsible for much of my understanding of economics from researching things he brought up in his debates with joefromchicago.

People like ehBeth, Jespah, dlowan and especially sozobe have taught me so much about EQ that it made me feel downright retarded at times. I'm sure Eva has no idea but she taught me to respect religion in ways I didn't before without ever saying a word to me about it. I'm about to marry a Christian and that might never have been possible given my previous notions.

I'm trying to get at a theme more so than name-dropping because I can never get around to everyone and the theme is that our discussions are public, and often help people who are reading it without participating.

Sometimes I learn things by things completely unsaid, and sometimes I learn things years later based on what someone said way back then. SealPoet taught me a particularly personal lesson that only sunk in about 2 years after he said something offhand to me that I'll never forget.

I can't name how many people here have made me laugh harder than I've ever laughed before. Most recently it was gus on a thread about oral sex. He said something that may well have been the funniest moment of my life, once again it was on a thread I only read and wasn't involved in.

I really mean it in that I've learned much more from people here (another few examples would be fbaezer and nimh in politics, who I've learned more from than anything other political source) than I can possibly name.

And there are people I'll never ever forget who I've learned things from that I can't even put a finger on myself. Letty was such an inspiration to me and a big reason this site even exists (some may remember that she was named queen of the Raven's Realm).

Hell, I've even learned a lot from some people who probably want to kick me in the nuts right now. I reread a spat I had with Sugar years later that made me so ashamed of myself that I haven't been able to use the site the same since (and want nothing to do with the online moniker "Craven de Kere" as a result of this and other similar interactions).

I can't even come close to doing justice in thanking all who've taught me things here, and there are many more who have taught me things I don't even know I know because of them.

It's a really special community, and that's why what started as a hobby is something I want to do the rest of my life. It's more special to me than I or anyone else can even imagine and is a big part of my life and who I am in every way.

georgeob1 just reminded me of a hard lesson I learned in a thread I started about him (sorry george) that I cringe at to this day. I can't possibly remember it all...

Even the most irritating trolls have taught me something and that can't be better expressed than a saying I first heard from roger many years ago "even a stopped clock is right twice a day".

Anywho, this is inordinately touchy feely (I can just imagine Slappy Doo Hoo, whom I've learned a lot about cars from, telling me to have my vagina washed) and my life is now in danger for not dong the chore I promised to do but I really want to emphasize that the community here has made a tremendous difference in my life, and that it has inspired me to try to all I can to make it better and keep it going at least as long as I do (which won't be long if I don't get the hell out of here RIGHT NOW).

Lol! It is so nice to see you properly trained!!!!

Craven, you do understand that this is mutual, don't you?

Bruises, bumps, scrapes, cuts and other nameless wounds notwithstanding, I suspect that, like me, most of those who have known you over the years feel that they have gained enormously in many ways from the experience.

But.....I am SO glad you are finally cleaning that vagina...........
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:48 am
Nope sorry you are all not real.

I refuse to believe that you are.

'cept for the wabbit. she's real for sure. I can hear her from here when she gets mad at someone.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:50 am
dadpad wrote:

'cept for the wabbit. she's real for sure. I can hear her from here when she gets mad at someone.

Mad?

I get grumpy a lot, and really angry seldom.

You, koala?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 06:18 am
Osso--

Well said.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 06:23 am
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Mad?

You, koala?

About once or twice a year when people are really really stupid. Like the parents of that baby in Perth
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 06:37 am
dadpad wrote:
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Mad?

You, koala?

About once or twice a year when people are really really stupid. Like the parents of that baby in Perth

The dryer one?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 03:44:47