Things that well-meaning A2K-ers do that I find awfully nice

dyslexia

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 04:43 pm
amazing, to me, when the lady Diane was in hospital and not doing so well I got phone calls from, literally, across the world. a2k is indeed a community of caring. (not that I give a ****)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 04:51 pm
dyslexia wrote:
amazing, to me, when the lady Diane was in hospital and not doing so well I got phone calls from, literally, across the world. a2k is indeed a community of caring. (not that I give a ****)

I tried to send you two bastids a christmas card, but the email address doesn't work.

Bah humbug.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 05:00 pm
even though I no longer feel like part of the A2K "inner circle" as I once did... it is my stated belief that the large majority of those here are great people....it has been and remains a cool place.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 05:02 pm
Bi-Polar Bear, you're not going soft on us are you?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 05:04 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
even though I no longer feel like part of the A2K "inner circle" as I once did... it is my stated belief that the large majority of those here are great people....it has been and remains a cool place.
well, I can understand that, you were one of the very first poopity heads.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 05:08 pm
<sniff>
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 05:33 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Can't see any reason at all for you to change your view on this. Besides, I'm not sure there is such a circle.

Hell, if Dys is 'inner circle', why not you? (or even me for that matter - though I am usually more comfortable on the outside pissing in - as LBJ would often say.)

Even Craven, in his most unusual, but very welcome, sentimental post put me down next to the A2K the trolls whom he, in a warmhearted moment acknowledged as having occasionally taught him something! BTW - good luck and happiness to you, Craven, in your new undertakings.

It must be the season. I can't muster a fractious word for anyone. Even Dys appears to be having trouble maintaining his accustomed cranky veneer.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 05:37 pm
This has turned into a nice christmas thread, and what christmas is all about: appreciating the people around you, not necessarily family alone.
We're so busy all year long, but now we can sit back, reflect on the past
year, and give thanks to one and all - even to georgeob1 Laughing

a2k is such a special place in the cold world of internet surfing, and it is always a pleasure to come in and see familiar "faces" and have a
small chat or change the world for that matter.

I wouldn't like to miss anyone, even the nutcakes grow on me (slowly). Wink
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:30 pm
Isn't it funny that we can talk to other people about a "friend" on A2K, an internet forum, and they don't even know that most of us really are friends in a truer sense than most real life friendships?

Isn't it amazing to think that you could go just about anywhere in the world and have a place to stay? Someone to hang out with and sightsee?
And, for me it would be no different than sitting across my kitchen table from a dear family member.

Isn't it wonderful that we can "mess up", be called on it, and still know we are welcome here? Many do not have that kind of forgiveness even within their own family.

Isn't it just like Christmas all year long here?

I love you all. I really, sincerely do.

Cheers!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:30 pm
I was just thinking that Craven's posts have been a real present (whatever the wrapping paper....)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:39 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Part of the problem with repetitive Advice to the Lovelorn is that each and every one of the Lovelorn feels that her (and usually it is her) problem is as unique as her heartache feels right at the moment.

These people are in emotional agony and ache for personal attention. Lately a lot of questions have been about affairs/adulterous relationships which by their nature preclude asking for advice and emotional support from friends and family.

As for the repetitive questions from ESL students: At least half of these questions involve verb-preposition idioms which can be baffling for an outsider, particularly when the outsider's native language doesn't have verb-preposition idioms.

Here again, the personal touch with Experts from the Western World means a great deal.

I have days when I don't go near Relationships & Marriage or English because I know exposure to quivering helplessness would make my sensitive nerve endings twang and jangle.

A2K is a large playground with plenty of room for us neurotics.

I aim to be as generous as you are, Noddy.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:46 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Mame ... isn't perfect though - has a strange accent; and can be a bit stiff-necked as I discovered in reaching into my pocket after lunch a few months ago.

For once and for all, georgeob1 (I can't help it but whenever I see your name I always think of you as some kind of Star Wars-wannabe) - you were the recipient because NOBODY let me pay for a goldarn thing the whole time I was there and this was my LAST chance to contribute. So, SORRY!! Very Happy Next time we'll take a cruise and I'll let you pay, OKAY?! Very Happy

And Merry Christmas to you, too - smooch!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:47 pm
A2K is one of the safest places I know of

Most people would think I was nuts for feeling that way about forum..

but those who are here all the time , know what i mean. Cool

I absolutely love you guys. More then I know to say. ..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:51 pm
It is really the end of beyond when one finds oneself loving (oh, ok, being fond of) the people one has spats with...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 07:10 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I was just thinking that Craven's posts have been a real present (whatever the wrapping paper....)

Yes, that was exactly my thought!

Just came across this... wow. Quite smile-inducing.

I want to do one of those long posts that Craven does so well but I get stymied before I start by the thought of how many people I'd want to mention by name. That's pretty cool right there though, right? Lots of special people here. (Not in the short bus sense either.) (OK maybe Slappy.)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 07:15 pm
Craven's post, along with all the others, is the nicest Christmas card we could ever send to each other.

At a party once, we agreed that friends can somethimes be truer than family. This is such a place.

Love to you all.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:01 pm
Mame wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
Mame ... isn't perfect though - has a strange accent; and can be a bit stiff-necked as I discovered in reaching into my pocket after lunch a few months ago.

For once and for all, georgeob1 (I can't help it but whenever I see your name I always think of you as some kind of Star Wars-wannabe) - you were the recipient because NOBODY let me pay for a goldarn thing the whole time I was there and this was my LAST chance to contribute. So, SORRY!! Very Happy Next time we'll take a cruise and I'll let you pay, OKAY?! Very Happy

And Merry Christmas to you, too - smooch!

STAR WARS WANNABE !!! Where do you think they got the name Enterprise?? (goddam Canuks)

I think the generosity was intended to keep you talking: The endearing Canadian vowels were a steady source of lighthearted smiles.

I doubt they would work for a cruise though. Besides I think the last thing I would ever do is lock myself up in a ship again..

Merry Cristmas to you too, Mame. Embarrassed Calamity expressed the general sentiment very well.,
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:31 pm
Craven made me cry for the first time. I just knew that boy had some mushy stuff knocking around in there somewhere, but I never thought he'd show it to us Cool

Thanks for making me cry Craven :-D

And for the rest of you, I give a ((((((((((Group Foopdedoo))))))))))

You guys are family :-D
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:34 pm
thanks
I,m new, and everytime I asked for help, I recieved it. You people rule. Thank you
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:42 pm
Welcome to A2K, alex.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:25:14