Joe(so curious about the curious)Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,456 • Replies: 51
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:51 am
This just in: little boys made of snips, snails, puppy dogs' tails. That's what little boys are made of. NOT monkeys.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:18 am
Noahs Ark still resides in a glacial crevasse atop Mt Ararat. This is convenient because any number of arguments can be made to explain away why there have been no fact finding expeditions and samples retrieved . They nhave a name for this called the ARarat Anomaly. Thats so precious.

The Creation Museum, reputed to have cost about 30 million (devalued) US dollars, is complete and contains live animatronic dinosaurs and they even have a small Ceratopsian dinosaur outfitted with a saddle.
Bible "scientists" have speculated that this animal could have served as good ridning stock. I suppose that they got this from all the evidence of Triceratops fossils always lying next to saddles.

The fleshy [part of a T rex had been discovered and then , according to the Bible scientists, had been secreted away so that the occurence of fresh meat less than 6000 years old, wouldnt embarrass the paleontologists.

Calculations, based upon the fast half life of certain unstable isotopes in the Uranium decay chain, indicated to some Creation scientists that the Adirondack anatectic Pluton is but a few thousand yeras old , thus making the Appalachians just slightly older since the Adirondack pluton, has left burn marks on the surrounding Appalachian sediments, so the Appalachians came first. But its only a few thousand years at most.

Many Creationists have vowed to elect Mike Huckabee for prsident since he professes a similar belief as theirs, and this will help make the US a strong example for scientific leadership in the world.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:25 am
Now, doggie, be good.

Those godless scientists are getting all the headlines with the breakthroughs in stem cells research and genome-based medicine.
Phooey.
So what if they found 700 new species here on Earth, at least three giant planets outside of our solar system and announced "Analysis of a skull found in 1952 in South Africa provides the first fossil evidence that modern man originated in sub-Saharan Africa and headed for Eurasia 65,000 to 25,000 years ago."

I'll bet there are a lot of new discoveries from the Bible Bunch.

Joe(Scratch that. I mean the earnestly believing in alternative explanations of nearly everything.)Nation
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:33 am
Yeah those blelievers are such saps. Not like us cool rational people who start threads just to belittle them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:35 am
you gonna take that Joe?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:52 am
Scientific facts are "revealed", not "discovered".

An "evolving body of knowledge" is a flawed concept.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:54 am
snood wrote:
Yeah those blelievers are such saps. Not like us cool rational people who start threads just to belittle them.

Snood, I am asking a direct question.

What are the top ten Creation Science Discoveries of 2007?

It should be a snap to answer that question, especially easy for those who want to place Creation Science in our educational systems.

Joe(So? Dish.)Nation
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:00 am
Oh, a straight question born out of pure scientific curiosity, undoubtedly.

Just trying to get a comprehensive picture of another viewpoint, of course.

Why would anyone think otherwise?

Gotcha. You betcha.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:07 am
Just waiting, thirsting for truth here.

Got to go to work now, but I know you will have a list for me to read tonight.

Joe(I'm counting on you.)Nation
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:23 am
Joe (The Novelty Man) Nation wrote-

Quote:
I'll bet there are a lot of new discoveries from the Bible Bunch.

Have you discovered any new ways of sitting on the couch in 2007?

I think they might have discovered that they have nothing to beat in the election.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 08:17 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Just waiting, thirsting for truth here.

Got to go to work now, but I know you will have a list for me to read tonight.

Joe(I'm counting on you.)Nation

<Joe strides triumphantly off to his daily activities, secure in the supreme confidence that he has once again crushed the sappy believers' silly words with his unfailing rapier wit>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 09:30 am
jUST FOR PURE dissemination of the truth purposes, I once had a chance to review the "Creationist model" for Plate tectonics. They base their model on a runaway subduction concept with really decreased viscosities on a "strut' layer (Like a vaseline layer over which the crust has skidded). The speed at which the ICR model uses varies between 2.7 to 3.5 M/second.

Thats almost 75 m/hr. Anybody incredulous?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 09:38 am
Noddy has an editing notation for her post. How come Noddy gets to edit here posts, but the rest of us can only do it if we can manage to do it before anyone else posts?

Just wanted to inject a little sour grapes that Snood can't sneer at on the basis of "disrespect" for believers.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 10:30 am
farmerman wrote:
jUST FOR PURE dissemination of the truth purposes, I once had a chance to review the "Creationist model" for Plate tectonics. They base their model on a runaway subduction concept with really decreased viscosities on a "strut' layer (Like a vaseline layer over which the crust has skidded). The speed at which the ICR model uses varies between 2.7 to 3.5 M/second.

Thats almost 75 m/hr. Anybody incredulous?

I am. 3.5m/s is 7.8 mph.

Still fast enough to circumvent the earth in 84 and a half days.

Rap
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:06 pm
Can fm not even do sums?

Quote:
I once had a chance to review the "Creationist model" for Plate tectonics.

One wonders what such a statement might mean when one know how anti-IDers fluff up the most ordinary everyday activities they participate in for image purposes.

I once had a chance to review the "Creationist model" for the regulation of sexual behaviour and it seems that without it we might slide into the abyss. Plate tectonics are for those who baulk at such things due to personal considerations.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:29 pm
I had read, but can't remember where right now, that creation scientists had managed to get the Discovery Institute to fund a project for them to find their respective asses, using both hands. To date, it appears they are still working on that project.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:38 pm
That's a vast improvement on scientists getting funds for projects behind high walls and barbed wire fences so they can find each other's asses.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 02:29 pm
rap rap said
Quote:
I am. 3.5m/s is 7.8 mph
Embarrassed oops, when I did it with a calculator , for some reason I came out with an xtra decimal space.sec. I need some math skills refreshing. WHered dat extra zero come from.?

I remember when colleasgue D.U Wise called this to my attention and he did the same Creationist number and he came up with the 7.5 mph and still said that the "surf's up" in Gondwana.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 03:04 pm
Quote:
Noddy has an editing notation for her post. How come Noddy gets to edit here posts, but the rest of us can only do it if we can manage to do it before anyone else posts?

Noddy had second thoughts, punched edit, retrieved her post and was called away by domestic duties--there was a cherished dog on the wrong side of a door.

By the time she returned, added her bon mot, and submitted the post, some one--or two--had posted and the hamsters pointed this out to the assembled multitudes.
0 Replies