A preemptive strike on George Bush?

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 08:37 am
Hey everybody! Today I was chatting with a friend of mine who is living in the US now. Among other things we were discussing the latest CIA report saying that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and it remains on hold. There is no question that this report contradicts the Bush administration's earlier assertion that Iran was intent on developing a bomb. To put it plain, CIA has in point of fact framed up president Bush! At least, that is a conclusion that both of us arrived at.
So, after little considering that I feel that I fail to clear off a thought that CIA is on a conspiracy against George Bush, when that report is a part of their plot!
I think that George Bush got to learn that corrupt practices became rampant amongst intelligence officers and was going to purge the ranks. However, many senior CIA generals did not wish to get off the gravy train and got the jump on Bush and framed him up!
By the way, I have just bethought myself that the report was based on the data provided by British intelligence service. So it comes to me that GB was very dissatisfied with results of the share-out in Iraq and decided to take part in the conspiracy against Bush to requite the wrongs and give to give to understand that Brits should be properly reckoned with.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,399 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:10 am
In the first place, the report to which you refer was a national intelligence estimate, and is not the product solely of Central Intelligence. A national intelligence estimate is produced with material from Central Intelligence, the National Security Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation--as well as military intelligence offices such as the Office of Naval Intelligence, the Army Security Agency and other service intelligence offices which contribute to the material used by the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Therefore, your references to what Central Intelligence did or did not do with regard to this intelligence estimate are, to put it simply, pretty damned silly. Additionally, Central Intelligence, while it may employ former members of the armed forces, is not a uniformed service, is not a military institution, and there are, therefore, no "Generals" at Central Intelligence to hatch plots against anyone.

Additionally, the history of Central Intelligence is that they employ others to do their dirty work. Agents of the CIA may determine that so-and-so in such-and-such a nation is a threat to the security of the United States or it's allies--but they won't eliminate the person themselves, they'll hire someone else to do it--usually a local thug who is low on intellect but high on greed and violence. Even if Central Intelligence decided that the President were a threat, they would take no direct action themselves, but would hire someone else to act--a highly improbable scenario which resides in the realm of fantasy.

Finally, if someone condemns an attack on Iran because it would constitute murder of those who were killed in the process, and one claims to be opposed to murder, then it would by hypocrisy to contemplate or approve of the murder of George Bush.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:13 am
By the way, your English usage is appalling. Do you claim to be a native speaker of the English language?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:19 am
Grinwich
Grinwich, welcome to Able2Know, glad to have you here.

Setanta's information is correct and he knows what he is talking about.

He's usually not this harsh on a Newbie. He must be grumpy today.

What country are you from?

BBB
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:29 am
this should be interesting.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:36 am
Pull up a chair . . . here, have a cup of coffee.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:43 am
can you put a little shot of something something in my coffee please?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:45 am
All i got is a little brandy . . . will that do the trick for ya?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:50 am
<comes in with her desk chair (only one that doesn't hurt my back when sitting for long periods), some yarn and knitting needles>
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:51 am
Setanta wrote:
All i got is a little brandy . . . will that do the trick for ya?

perfect.... let the games begin....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:52 am
would you care for some popcorn Montana.... just reach right in there and help yourself....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:54 am
Thanks Bear, don't mind if I do :-D

Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:04 am
I just pulled the same crap on someone in another thread, who seems as unlikely to be a native speaker of English as the author of this thread. I'm a bad little doggy, but i have fun!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:04 am
Bear, pull that popcorn bag off your pecker, and put that nasty little thing back in your pants.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:12 am
BBB
Anyone interested in playing a game of Moh Jong, my favorite childhood game?

http://www.searchamateur.com/Downloads/Tile-City.htm
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:23 am
Laughing
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:29 am
Re: A preemptive strike on George Bush?
Grinwich wrote:
I think that George Bush got to learn that corrupt practices became rampant amongst intelligence officers and was going to purge the ranks. However, many senior CIA generals did not wish to get off the gravy train and got the jump on Bush and framed him up!
By the way, I have just bethought myself that the report was based on the data provided by British intelligence service. ..........

Umm... CIA generals? Care to name a few? Blaming it on perfidious Albion is traditional, I guess, what with their opium wars and such Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:32 am
Ooooo . . . an opium war sounds like fun. Do we get to smoke the opium?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:34 am
By the way, as a descendant of the Irish, the expression "peridious Albion" warms the cockles of my heart. (Of course, i can't explain how a cockle got into my heart, or how that organ continues to function properly with a mollusk embedded in it, but such are the vagaries of the English language--an unknown country to our author.)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:48 am
If I bring a bottle, can I join the party?
0 Replies