My Horse Has the Trots!

squinney

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 06:58 pm
What a cutie! Nice chest and hiney. How long have you had her?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 07:05 pm
Sudax can be a real problem after first frost, so can foxtail grasses.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 07:11 pm
I will ask hubby about the grass Farmerman. I have no clue about that stuff but he does.

Squinney I have had Indy for just about a year. I met a woman in a Christian Chatroom and one night she asked if anyone wanted a horse. My husband used to have a beautiful black stallion but his brother let it out one day and he was killed by a train. It really took something out of hubby. So, I jumped at it! Well, she said all you have to do is come get him and he's yours! They couldn't afford to take care of him anymore.

Well, we tried and tried to find a place to rent a horse trailer and in the meantime the lady told me that I could also have his sister! Well, we got to the point of well, we can't go get them because we can't find a trailer. I was going to call the lady and then the phone rang. She said if we would pay for the gas, they'd deliver the horses the next day! And they did!

Hank is about 3 and a half now and Indy is four and a half. They have the same father but different mothers. They are such a joy! My husband has that spark back that he lost. Laughing
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 07:16 pm
Beautiful animals, girl. Very Happy

RH
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 07:22 pm
tanky tanky! Oh hubby has a charger on the battery on the Jag. Then he's gonna try what you suggested.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 07:44 pm
What an awesome story about how you got them, Arella :-D I think you're wise in calling the vet. Better safe with those beauties :-D

Good luck and I know you'll keep us posted.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 01:01 pm
I called the vet and he will be here tomorrow between 2 and 2:30 CST. I will let all of you know what he says. He did say he didn't think it was the grass that was planted. I really appreciate everyone's concern and help!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 02:34 pm
I'm glad Arella. This way you'll know for sure.

Thanks for keeping us posted and I'll check back in to see how everything goes.

Did I ever tell you that horses are my very favorite animal on the planet? I'm sure I did :-D
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:56 pm
The vet just left. He said it looks like Hank had just eaten something that upset his system. He said he was in great health, not dehydrated, and really fesity. Laughing He is going to start him on some antibiotics and said he should be just fine.

We brought Hank out of the pasture and had him tied up near the house so it would be easier for the vet. Indy had a fit! She gets so upset when they are separated. But she is calmed down and they are out there running around, kicking up a storm, and having a blast!

Thank every one of you for your advice and help! It is greatly appreciated.

Montana, I have loved horses as long as I can remember. One of God's most beautiful creations I think!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:35 pm
Glad to know Hank's gonna be okay.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:38 pm
Arella, I'm so glad and I know you're so glad everything is just fine! Cheers to horses and good health :-D

"As far back as I can remember" You and me both ;-)

Thanks for keeping us posted :-)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:43 pm
Thank you Jespah. It would really break hubby's heart if anything happened to Hank. It's like he's a puppy! Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 07:04 pm
A big puppy with hooves. Smile
0 Replies