I hate your guts, Optimus Prime.

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 06:03 pm
And all of you other Transformers too.

Mo put three transformers on his Christmas list -- Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Brawl. Somehow I have managed to figure out what the heck these are.

Amazon list Optimus Prime toys ranging from about $8.00 to, I kid you not, $650.00.

I don't want the dinky ones and I don't really want to spend more than say... $20.00 on each one (and even that is stretching my imagination a bit).

Can anyone help me decipher Transformer terminology? Is there a decent size toy that isn't stupidly expensive?

For the love of God, if you have ever bought one of these things, help me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,117 • Replies: 36
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 06:26 pm
We got this one for our younger nephew, but we rarely see him so we don't often have gift-giving occasions with him. Plus he's only three so we had to concern ourselves with the size of parts. But if I were not hampered by such considerations I would not have spent as much.

I just checked Amazon. They are expensive.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 06:42 pm
Oh man. He's gonna love that.

I swear this Transformer search is driving me nuts. If I see one that is somewhat affordable it turns out to be a sculpture or a radio or something -- not a real transformer at all.

I think Santa is going to be all out of Transformers this year. I hate to buy three of the cheap (not really cheap) ones and have them ignored and I'm not going to spend $200.00 on the good ones.

Flabberghasted isn't a word I often use but when I saw the price of Transformers it is the only word that fits.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 07:32 pm
give him a hat, scarf and mittens and tell him they're three transformers working deep undercover
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 07:35 pm
Ha!

That made me laugh out loud but I don't think Mo would fall for it.

I've missed you djjjd -- where in the heck have you been?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 07:39 pm
been playing at a couple of other boards

but i'm back
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 07:41 pm
Welcome back!

Hey -- maybe I could get him some meditation tapes and say Santa thought he wanted some Trance Formers......
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 07:46 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 07:50 pm
When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought Optimus Prime must be another A2Ker you disagreed with.

I guess I don't get out to the movies too much.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 07:55 pm
what about finding halloween costumes of optimus prime, bumblebee and those other.. mechanical car thingggys?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 08:19 pm
There is something I have long been keeping secret from the members of this forum. Now is the time to cleanse my soul.

I am a Transformer.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 08:20 pm
All right . . . i tried and i tried to ignore this thread . . . i tried not to read it, but i failed. Now i'm stuck . . . it's in my head, and it won't go away . . .

Transformers ! ! !
More than meets the eye!
Transformers ! ! !
Robots in disguise
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 08:31 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
There is something I have long been keeping secret from the members of this forum. Now is the time to cleanse my soul.

I am a Transformer.

i think it's spelled transvestite
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 08:33 pm
djjd62 wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I am a Transformer.

I will track you down and beat you like a dog.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 08:34 pm
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Welcome to parenthood, boomer! This is just the beginning. The older they get, the more expensive the gotta-haves.

All 13-year-old SonofEva wants for Christmas is an iPhone.

Yeah, right! I DON'T EVEN HAVE AN iPHONE!!! And if it's too expensive for me, it's DEFINITELY too expensive for him!

Oh yes, I've told him to pick again. I've told him point blank that unless he gets over this, he's going to ruin his own Christmas, because he is absolutely not going to get an iPhone. No way, no how.

He just stares at me with puppydog eyes and says, "Bbbut, that's all I want. You don't have to get me anything else. I'd be happy with just one present."

Like I said, it gets tougher.

My advice is to tell him upfront they're expensive toys, then get him ONE $20-30 Transformer.

And start saving now for an iPhone. Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 08:40 pm
djjd62 wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I am a Transformer.

Thank God you're back, djjd! I haven't laughed that hard in weeks.

Let the holidays begin!!!
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:20 pm
I know that if you walk into a Toy R Us you can't walk 2 feet without tripping over a transformer toy. Have you tried them? The ones that are the toy that you can actually transform shouldn't cost anymore than 15-20 bucks.

Jeez, I was (I confess, still am) a big fan when they came out with Transformers when I was a kid. My brother and I had all kinds of toys, but I know they didn't cost that kind of money!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:22 pm
Transformers...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 04:35 am
Eva wrote:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Welcome to parenthood, boomer! This is just the beginning. The older they get, the more expensive the gotta-haves.

All 13-year-old SonofEva wants for Christmas is an iPhone.

Yeah, right! I DON'T EVEN HAVE AN iPHONE!!! And if it's too expensive for me, it's DEFINITELY too expensive for him!

Oh yes, I've told him to pick again. I've told him point blank that unless he gets over this, he's going to ruin his own Christmas, because he is absolutely not going to get an iPhone. No way, no how.

He just stares at me with puppydog eyes and says, "Bbbut, that's all I want. You don't have to get me anything else. I'd be happy with just one present."

Like I said, it gets tougher.

My advice is to tell him upfront they're expensive toys, then get him ONE $20-30 Transformer.

And start saving now for an iPhone. Laughing

Eva, Logic. You only want an Iphone, Iphone= too expensive. You dont want anything else, therfore I will give you... what you want, ...nothing else. Which by the way is what many billions of children around the world will get.

Sonpad (16) got clothes (already). 3 pairs jeans, 2 T shirts some other stuff, and a nice leather wallet.

Boomer, 3 transformers is too many in my opinion.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 10:16 am
Is three Transformers too many?

If they're all like Gus then, yes. Otherwise I'm not so sure.

We don't really buy a lot of stuff for Christmas - he ususally gets one big gift from us but he does get stuff from my family, Mr. B's family and from his other family so he has plenty to unwrap.

By all indications this is probably the last year he'll believe in Santa so.... I don't know.... are three Transformers too many?

I mean if I can decipher the terminology and find decent ones that aren't so expensive?

There is a Toys R Us not too far from my house. Maybe I'll stop in for a look around.

I really need to know though -- what do you transform into Gus?

A John Deere?
0 Replies